March 2013 Featured Reef - Mr. Microscope's 25 Gallon Nano Reef

Christopher Marks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Microscope

Congrats man! Your tank is awesome!

Thanks Ark!

One small step for nano reef, one giant step for us small timers... Well done in deed!

Thanks SF_T! Love that quote!

Very nice, MM

Thanks adinsxq!
Mr. Microscope

Congratulation,Mr.Microscope!

beautiful tank and healthy livestock!

Thanks M'akoy! I hope your tank continues to heal up well from the storm.
Mr. Microscope

Congrats man was way overdue.

Thanks FI!

Congrats! you really seem to know your stuff and the microscopic images you put up really had me interested :happy:

Thanks Clayalaleona! I try. I just finished looking at another sample under the electron microscope. So, I'll be posting some new images soon!

Congrats!

Thanks jersey!

That video is kick ass, as is the tank. Nice job on the article + photos.

Thanks Podpimp! I gotta say I've taken a lot of inspiration from your tank.

Very well deserved! Beautiful tank

Thanks RC!
Mr. Microscope

Congrats! Good to know Evanston can now say we have TOTM!

Thanks yman! I hope to see an update on your tank thread soon.

I will as soon as my corals get some color back. I went to Australia for 3 weeks and had my parents watch my tank. I think they overfed which caused the tank to crash a bit. I came back and am nursing stuff back to health, but it seems to be a slow process!

I did get some good inspiration while scubaing on corals though seeing the Great Barrier Reef.

Mr. Microscope

I will as soon as my corals get some color back. I went to Australia for 3 weeks and had my parents watch my tank. I think they overfed which caused the tank to crash a bit. I came back and am nursing stuff back to health, but it seems to be a slow process!

I did get some good inspiration while scubaing on corals though seeing the Great Barrier Reef.

Good luck bringing your tank back to par. Awesome that you got to go scuba diving in Australia! Did you get any picutures?

What type of urchin is that? It looks exactly like mine.

I believe it's a Echinometra Viridis :)
Mr. Microscope

Congratulations! Aquarius and stunning photos.

What equipment do you use to photograph the nano?

Thanks Manochio! I used a Canon Powershot A4000 IS point and shoot and a tripod. I also used my son's wagon to pan in the video. Additionally, I used Photoshop for post processing images and Final Cut Pro to make the movies.
Mr. Microscope

Holy cow! Awesome pics! Well deserved, congrats! So much going on but yet kept simple at the same time.

Thanks slowngreen! I try to go for the, "less is more" approach to designing a reef. My brain goes nuts when I have too much to think about. lol

You shot that video with your Canon Powershot A4000 IS ? If so the quality is mind blowing for a point and shoot camera.

Archived