Top Shelf Aquatics

March 2013 Featured Reef - Mr. Microscope's 25 Gallon Nano Reef

Christopher Marks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Microscope

Hey Mr. Microscope, are you really as dorky as you seem to be?

:P

Lolz! Well, I do have my tatooed, x-raver, DJ side of me. But, yes. Complete science nerd now and a dad to boot which I think takes my dorkometer reading up a few notches. ;)

..and I play one on TV

Lolz! Well, I do have my tatooed, x-raver, DJ side of me. But, yes. Complete science nerd now and a dad to boot which I think takes my dorkometer reading up a few notches. ;)

Awesome, dorks are great! I'm a soon-to-be tattooed chemistry nerd. :happy:

Mr. Microscope

Awesome, dorks are great! I'm a soon-to-be tattooed chemistry nerd. :happy:

Nice! Good luck. Stay away from the Thio cabinet. Stinky! There are some people in my lab that use a bunch of sulfide. Even in the fume hood there's no containing that stuff.

congrats on the feature and the beautiful aquarium, I like cubes that use vertical space and make ample use of negative space very much!

Mr. Microscope

congrats on the feature and the beautiful aquarium, I like cubes that use vertical space and make ample use of negative space very much!

Thanks Hey! (awesome name and avatar pic BTW!) I've really been enjoying the challenge of aquascaping a cube. A agree that negative space is the key. Less is more right?! I've been thinking about getting rid of some of my rockwork (minus the pillar of course) for that very reason. Might be risky though from a bio-filtration standpoint.

Thanks Hey! (awesome name and avatar pic BTW!) I've really been enjoying the challenge of aquascaping a cube. A agree that negative space is the key. Less is more right?! I've been thinking about getting rid of some of my rockwork (minus the pillar of course) for that very reason. Might be risky though from a bio-filtration standpoint.

I am not experienced enough to give you tips on how to do that but in any case whatever you try good luck!

Congrats. I really like the aquascape. As for your hair algae problem I suggest you try a few mexican turbos. I even use one in my pico and it eliminated 98% of my problem and keeps the only 2% in check while not starving. Go for smaller ones if you are worried about them knocking stuff over.

Mr. Microscope

Congrats. I really like the aquascape. As for your hair algae problem I suggest you try a few mexican turbos. I even use one in my pico and it eliminated 98% of my problem and keeps the only 2% in check while not starving. Go for smaller ones if you are worried about them knocking stuff over.

Thanks andrew! Thanks for the suggestion. I used to have a couple, but they both died for some reason within a few day of each other. I'm not sure why, but was guessing some sort of disease. I have been seriously thinking about getting a couple more.

Congrats on TOTM!

congrats, you're well deserving you have a beautiful tank.

Beautiful pics, awesome tank man, congrats!

Thanks all!!! party_smiley2.jpg

well deserved Mr. Microscope. cant wait to see the tank in another year.

Thanks Jrmiller. I've got a teeny-tiny micro-frag of ORA Blue Iris going in there that I saved from a bigger frag STN-ing. That's the one that I'm most excited about seeing growing up this coming year. I've been taking frequent pics of it to track progress.

CONGRATS.... awesome build, great videos and pics. Well deserved is right!

Keep it going.

Thanks JayPagi! More to come!
Mr. Microscope

Awesome tank. Pictures and video really do it justice. I love your acans. Congrats on TOTM!

Thanks Bubba!

Archived