Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Arachnophoto Thread

Lalani

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7483_411c.gif

:lol: I <3 you ben

Are there also spiders in the under 1inch range, looking good? (and that can be kept? )

Under 1in.? I suppose you can catch a jumping spider or some other small spider you find in the wild, but no tarantulas stay that small, that I know of. The guys over on http://www.arachnoboards.com/ would know!

these are a few I've had, pic quality isn't the greatest. one of these days i'll bust out the good camera on the ones I still have.

IMG_0549_zps07781279.jpg

IMG_0535_zps22f1046d.jpg

Picture027_zps6c7a226b.jpg

Picture006_zps6c13e305.jpg

DSCN0567_zpsdd525a6b.jpg

100_5529-1_zps8a854472.jpg

I still have the A. minitrix, A. sp. peru purple, P. irminia, M. cabolca, and a couple pokies

• 1 month later...

Are there also spiders in the under 1inch range, looking good? (and that can be kept? )

the Cyriocosmus genus stay pretty small and look badass. C. elegans is commonly kept

Yep, they stay small normally under an inch as adults. I can't recommend them for beginners though, as spiderlings they are tough to keep.

ehji.jpg

• 3 months later...

why did this thread die? :(

i went to the LA bug fair today, picked up this little guy:

photo10_zps7e0e893c.jpg

It's a chaco golden knee spiderling, first tarantula, hope it does well.

• 6 months later...

I saw this just a bit ago. Pretty cool and NOPE at the same time.

Also, I just read a report (I think from IFLScience) that said experts believe we've only discovered 1/2 of the species of spiders in the world? I have no idea how they determine that, but kind of neat and terrifying.

So cool. I've watched mine molt and it is freakin awesome.

My mom caught a wolf or house spider today and it was the size of her palm. She asked if I wanted it, but it was just plain brown, meh.

Archived