Pod Your Reef

Sage's Crescent Tidepool Tank

sageblade24

sageblade24

It is killing me to wait for this tank to be built...

In other news I am working on a smaller tank to replace my tank at work. The tank I currently have at work is basically plastic and beginning to wear down so I will trying my hand at putting together a 18"x12"x12" all glass tank from scratch. Not sure if I want to stay with saltwater or do a planted freshwater at this time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blubbernaut

It is killing me to wait for this tank to be built...

In other news I am working on a smaller tank to replace my tank at work. The tank I currently have at work is basically plastic and beginning to wear down so I will trying my hand at putting together a 18"x12"x12" all glass tank from scratch. Not sure if I want to stay with saltwater or do a planted freshwater at this time.

TRAITOR!!!! How could you think of changing to freshwater?!?! :furious: Lol, yeah I could've done freshwater, but I figured I got that covered with my 3000g pond B)

sageblade24

TRAITOR!!!! How could you think of changing to freshwater?!?! :furious: Lol, yeah I could've done freshwater, but I figured I got that covered with my 3000g pond B)

Lol, I have had freshwater my whole life. Only the last couple years have I been able to run a saltwater tank.

I wish I had a house >.>. Not only do I love ponds and aquariums I also love landscaping and growing plants.

• 3 months later...

It rained all weekend so I couldn't work on the stand much at all. I got a few of the remaining boards cut for the outside.

All I have left to do with the stand is:

~ Make Doors

~ Paint structure to prevent wood from soaking up any moisture.

~ Get Quartz for shelf on front.

~ Apply Veneer

At the moment I am trying to figure out what I want to do for lighting.

I am not sure if I want to make my own LED setup (http://www.ledgroupbuy.com Lumia 5.1 or another full spectrum setup)
or if I want to purchase something already built (AI or Radion).

I am trying to figure out what would cover 36"x36"x18" so I can determine the best possible efficient choice.

If you have any suggestions please let me know!

• 2 months later...

Any updates on this beast? :)

Reef Savvy has finished the tank and I picked it up last week!

I have been so busy though so I haven't been able to take any pictures.

Still working on the stand unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
sageblade24

This is pretty much on hold until I can move into a first floor apartment or a house. I am going to try to get this up and running this year.

• 3 months later...

Things were tough this year so I am holding this off till next year...

Very frustrating to have such a beautiful tank and not being able to start it atleast.

Current 29 BioCube growing what will start my custom tank.

10404217_10152572597492891_9044207925410

Damn... What an excellent idea for a tank. I've had my brain on a tank with a partial land element for some time now. I love the idea of a tidal ecosystem, where water and land meet. Fascinating!

• 1 month later...

Oh my that new tank is so smexy.

Thanks!

Damn... What an excellent idea for a tank. I've had my brain on a tank with a partial land element for some time now. I love the idea of a tidal ecosystem, where water and land meet. Fascinating!

I love having a ton of variables to ensure it never bores me. One thing I have noticed is many people tend to build new tanks almost on a yearly basis so I am really trying to ensure this is a means to an end.

Archived