Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

What about one of his Retro lights with T5 & LED?

Nah only sold the light. I knew either i'd set up the tank again, or get a new system. Maybe both? :D

That was one of the things that we talked about was a hybrid, but I decided against it. All I'm saying is this ati is sexy as hell and I can't wait to see what she can do.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was one of the things that we talked about was a hybrid, but I decided against it. All I'm saying is this ati is sexy as hell and I can't wait to see what she can do.

Well yeah. ATI is like the T5 fixture. I'm a bit jelly. I've always wanted to try a T5. Maybe someday when I go big.

What else are you planning for your build? Equipment, corals?

Well yeah. ATI is like the T5 fixture. I'm a bit jelly. I've always wanted to try a T5. Maybe someday when I go big.

What else are you planning for your build? Equipment, corals?

Haha so it seems :) As for plans, I'm not really sure exactly what Im going for. I am going to get Pete a mate though, well Pete will probably turn into the female since he's not too small anymore. I would like to get a small bta in the future, I'm unsure about that part but its on my mind. I probably won't get too far into sps but I do want a nice monti cap and maybe one or two other sticks. Honestly I have no idea whats going to happen lol. As far as equipment pretty simple, mp10, the aio chambers with hopefully a small fuge.

Haha so it seems :) As for plans, I'm not really sure exactly what Im going for. I am going to get Pete a mate though, well Pete will probably turn into the female since he's not too small anymore. I would like to get a small bta in the future, I'm unsure about that part but its on my mind. I probably won't get too far into sps but I do want a nice monti cap and maybe one or two other sticks. Honestly I have no idea whats going to happen lol. As far as equipment pretty simple, mp10, the aio chambers with hopefully a small fuge.

If Pete goes XX you gotta keep him/her named Pete :lol:

BTA sounds great! I love watching clowns interact with nems. Ya those damn colored sticks always have a special place in our hearts. Damn them for being so difficult most of the time.

Mixed reef is always great though. I think with my last build I got too caught up in SPS and it just didn't work out :( I'm going pretty diverse I think as well. Yup simple is a good idea. I always tend to over complicate things..

Ive had him for almost a year and a half now and have been calling him Pete since day one, so if he decides to flip on me I have no clue what the hell I would call "her" haha. On my first tank I had a gbta with a hosting pair of clowns, must have spent hours just watching them play around in it which is why I would like to have that again. Mixed is definitely the direction I'm going, but I'm hoping to add some macro in there as well :) As for the sps, I love the easy cheap stuff so for now I'm ok with that haha.

I'm doing 3 blue+ and 1 coral+ right now and to me, it looks 12-14k. Aquablue special is too white for me. Haven't tried 3 blue+ and purple+ combo yet...

What's your temp setup look like? Right now I have nothing, so I'm desperate for something.

Right now it's a regular ol 10 gallon that is bb with a bunch of rocks in it and Pete lol. I set up the ato and an ac70 for filtration, nothing pretty but it's keeping everything happy.

I'd try two blue, 1 coral, 1 aqua :)

If too white try 3 Blue with either the coral or aqua.

Thanks I'll give those combos a try as soon as I can get it hung.

I'm doing 3 blue+ and 1 coral+ right now and to me, it looks 12-14k. Aquablue special is too white for me. Haven't tried 3 blue+ and purple+ combo yet...

I'm planning on trying a few combos out before I decide but I do want to try the purple in there.

I got the ATI hung with some bookshelf brackets as a temporary solution. When the Pico gets here I will make it more permanent. After playing with bulbs for a little while I settled on blue, coral, blue, aquablue (f-r) and the color is unbelievable. I think I'm going to pick up another coral and swap it with the aquablue. Even though it is over my little bs 10g I think it looks phenomenal, I can't even imagine whats going to happen once its over the PicO...

My humble little 10g

photo2_zps1601a11b.jpg

photo_zpsd0c5a13e.jpg

Color is much bluer thanks to my iPhone and the fact that there is no sand.

Are you going to hang it from the ceiling?

Thats what I'm leaning towards at the moment, should give it a very clean look.

Holy shit... That tank is gorgeous, and the lighting is so natural..... Thanks for the link, now I can go drool some more.

I know right! I layered the Wavelength bulb combo in Photoshop, and did my best to replicate the spectrum using custom LED's for a Nanobox Fixture I ordered. If I can get a look remotely close to that, i'm going to be a happy man!

My humble little 10g

Humble!? More like sexy.

Pete looks restless, he needs a Lova.

I know right! I layered the Wavelength bulb combo in Photoshop, and did my best to replicate the spectrum using custom LED's for a Nanobox Fixture I ordered. If I can get a look remotely close to that, i'm going to be a happy man!

Humble!? More like sexy.

Pete looks restless, he needs a Lova.

He uses 2 giesmann 6000k midday 2 ati actinic 1 fiji purple 1 coral, I wonder if it would look similar if I ran the same but with one 6000k and one actinic? Im happy with my combo now but Im curious if it would look close. Yes Pete is very lonely, I bet he would shit his pants (figurative pants) if he had a mate.

He uses 2 giesmann 6000k midday 2 ati actinic 1 fiji purple 1 coral, I wonder if it would look similar if I ran the same but with one 6000k and one actinic? Im happy with my combo now but Im curious if it would look close. Yes Pete is very lonely, I bet he would shit his pants (figurative pants) if he had a mate.

I'm sure you would get something close. I mean makes sense to me, as the 600k and actinic were just doubled on his fixture. Of course won't be exact, but dang close.

How long do the bulbs last before they need replacing? Maybe when it's time to replace a few, try some new combo's?

Some say 10 months others say 12-14 months, depends on how long they are on for I assume. Razor got picked up today, now to throw dolla bills at Chris.

Now to throw dolla bills at Chris.

Throwing-away-money-GIF.gif

I hear ya :lol: Just try and imagine what shipping is to another country :mellow:

Oh and this is Chris BTW:

baby-throwing.gif

Some say 10 months others say 12-14 months, depends on how long they are on for I assume. Razor got picked up today, now to throw dolla bills at Chris.

7drHiqr.gif

Archived