Pod Your Reef

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

FTS-08-01-13

nGTTrvf.jpg

New tank being built by Chris at PicO- 24x14x12. New thread will be started once new tank is here.

Established 11-21-12

Equipment:

simple 10g

ac70

ATI 4x24w Sunpower
Ecotech MP10ES
Tunze Nano Osmolator

Fish:

True Percula Clown (Pete)

--Zoa's/Paly's--

Sunny Ds

Tubbs Blues

True Rastas
Fire & Ice

Red People Eaters

--Ricordea--

True Metallic Bubblegum Pink w/ Aqua Skirt

--Inverts--
Blood Red Fire Shrimp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now i just need to steal my gf's camera so i can take decent pictures of the rock work (pics just dont show the depth very well)

I really like the linear aspect you went with on your rock work btw. It actually reminds me of many iwagumi scapes using seiryu stone, could do some really cool stuff with this if your careful with coral placement.

Sweet! Sweet! Sweeet!

I am waiting RIGHt NOW for delivery of my PicO III.

It was pretty brutal waiting for it but man did it pay off. Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours.

first for sexy tank comment

Oh crap! I wanted to be the first!

Glad you are happy with construction of the tank.

You scape is killer!

i do love the smell of a fresh pico in the morning.

o that sounded weird. :P

Who doesn't ;)

Oh crap! I wanted to be the first!

Glad you are happy with construction of the tank.

You scape is killer!

Thanks!

Nice! I'm glad I went with the black seems on my picO. It's a nice look.

Me too I really dig it. Thanks!

Alright so i have a 50w jager heater hooked to my rkl and it is set for 79* but at night it is getting down to 75*. I have a spare jager 50w that im going to add to see if that helps but i thought 50w was more than enough for 12g...

Alright so i have a 50w jager heater hooked to my rkl and it is set for 79* but at night it is getting down to 75*. I have a spare jager 50w that im going to add to see if that helps but i thought 50w was more than enough for 12g...

hmm my 100watt keeps my tank at 79 with ease, which is roughly double the volume of yours. Is the power of the heater not directly proportional to water volume in terms of keeping it heated?

According to Eheim 50w should be able to heat up to 16g but it can't keep up with my tank for whatever reason. I would do a 100w but it won't fit in such a shallow tank lol

supermarvin76

I bought the 50w off Amazon by accident, but need the 100w. Guess I'll save that one for water changes.

I love the shallow tank, really do, but room for equipment was one of the deciding factors for going with the PicO III.

Can you post a full tank shot including some of the surroundings so we can see how the low profile tank looks? Hopefully that makes as much sense as it does in my head!

According to Eheim 50w should be able to heat up to 16g but it can't keep up with my tank for whatever reason. I would do a 100w but it won't fit in such a shallow tank lol

what temp is your room you are keeping it in, my room temp is always 71-72 in the winter

Haha yeah ill post one up after work. It's the perfect height in my opinion, that being said its pretty damn shallow. If I have to run 2 heaters it's not that big of a deal, I have plenty of room in the "sump"

what temp is your room you are keeping it in, my room temp is always 71-72 in the winter

I'm in SoCal so the temp never gets too low but high 60's is about where it's at during the night this time of year.

I really like the linear aspect you went with on your rock work btw. It actually reminds me of many iwugami scapes using seiryu stone, could do some really cool stuff with this if your careful with coral placement.

i was about to post same thing about looking like an iwagumi haha. Really cool!

Archived