Coral Vue Hydros

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

Im waiting for this new shop to open up down the street from my house. Its called IRC Iconic Reef Company, looks like it could be really cool.

Nice, I'll be checking this store out too. It's great to see new LFS opening up.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm dealing with a hair algae issue in my temp 10g. Po4 testing at 0 with the hannah (obviously not 100% accurate), nitrates testing at 1 with my low range kit. Cpe in the ac70, mp10 and 50% reef crest, and weekly 3g water changes. Ive already reduced feedings to every other day and reduced light cycle. Im thinking about tossing in the chaeto and hopefully a few other macros to help combat the nutrient issue, and some blue leg hermits to eat up what I have growing.

In other news, Im around the 3 week mark for the tank so Im hoping it will be getting started in the next week or so. I still need to buy a cabinet and Im having a pretty hard time figuring that one out. I would normally just diy it but with my new living arrangements I just don't have the tools or the workspace to accomplish it properly. Also still need sand and I need to re-purchase an rkl as I sold my last one.

True, but you get what you pay for. ;)

I agree 10 times out of 10 but the apex is almost double what I paid for the damn tank haha.

I agree 10 times out of 10 but the apex is almost double what I paid for the damn tank haha.

You must have gotten a sweet deal on a custom tank since the Apex Jr is only $239.

You must have gotten a sweet deal on a custom tank since the Apex Jr is only $239.

The one I looked at was $524.95 lol. I would want the full system if I was going apex, especially for the eb8 instead of the 4.

Added a second coral plus so now I am running blue+coral+blue+coral+, loving the color. Im going to run to the lfs to get a few more snails and a crab of two as my cuc is pretty much non existent.

Almost forgot to mention, I went to the lfs to pick up some snails and crabs to help with my gha outbreak. Well I came home with a lawnmower blenny. I don't think he will be a permanent resident as they get pretty big but for the time being he will have a feast waiting for him. Pete has already made friends, wiggling all over the blenny and funny enough he doesn't mind. Im thinking that once he has eaten all the algae he will be put in my buddies 110g.

The one I looked at was $524.95 lol. I would want the full system if I was going apex, especially for the eb8 instead of the 4.

Can you do everything with the RKL?

If your budgeting, why not get an Apex Jr which you could always upgrade later? Sure it's twice the cost of the RKL basic but a better controller.

lol I'm just yanking your chain.

Tank almost here?

Not quite yet, I actually ordered a cabinet from picO and it has to be custom made so I'm also waiting for that :)

No, its melamine mdf core (had to ask Chris what its made of haha)

Have you said the dim's of the new tank being made? I am wayyy to lazy to find where its stated.

Have you said the dim's of the new tank being made? I am wayyy to lazy to find where its stated.

Haha its all good man. Its going to be 24x14x12 so around 17ish gallons.

Just got an email from Chris, the stand was shipped out today but he's still finishing up the tank so should have it next week. I know Chris's work is always above and beyond so I'm happy to wait for quality work.

Archived