Innovative Marine Aquariums

StevieT's Nuvo 16 Experience

StevieT

Started with an Eclipse 12 in Channahon, Illinois 2006

Moved that into the RSM, same office 2007

Moved the tank in 2009 from Channahon, IL to Milwaukee, WI. Was forced to move after the store I was working at was closed

Moved the tank in 2011 out of the office in Milwaukee to my house in a suburb of Milwaukee

Moved the livestock/rock/equipment in 2013 to my new office to the IM16

So really, you're a Bears fan hiding up in Milwaukee! ;)

So really, you're a Bears fan hiding up in Milwaukee! ;)

yeah right!

I'm from this area. Moved to Minnesota for college, moved from there to gay IL for work. Then back to the homeland when the economy crashed.

• Like 1

Yeah, same state, same town actually it was a 10 minute drive.

Been in this office/shop since October, 2012.

The longest move was from IL to WI which was a 5 hr round trip drive and the move took 16 total hrs the first day. Set up took another two nights. I never want to do that again.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/205722-steviets-guide-to-moving-a-tank/?pid=2375343#entry2375343

Blech. Glad to hear it all went well though

Hey, Illinois is a happy state. We just convicted yet another politician today. We even got his wife this time too.

moved from there to gay IL for work.

Hehehehe did you see the list of all the crap he purchased?

Hey, Illinois is a happy state. We just convicted yet another politician today. We even got his wife this time too.

• Like 1

She was paying back her buddies in the hood. $500 tips every cleaning for votes. I thought this was standard practice in Chicago, now you're locking them up?

What did the wife have......17k in dry cleaning. She must be a slob....or was that the smoke house?

You're asking a lot here. Politicians and their supporters in IL are not smart. Just look at their debt. Lol hell they tried to sell a senate seat.

They should have been smarter and just made it a service fee. Whenever I have had to deal with reimbursements the tips were never allowed to be included.

Politicians and their supporters in IL are not smart. Just look at their debt. Lol hell they tried to sell a senate seat.

Yeah, the IQ of politicians here is getting pretty pathetic. Old School guys knew how to keep that stuff low key. If it wasn't for some fluke accident, George Ryan would be sitting at home right now drinking coffee.

Reading this, I was hoping that it'd be a cross country move... it's a 24 hour drive (not including an overnight break) from Houston to Minneapolis, and my tank and it's occupants have to make it somehow

It won't be much different. We ship corals and fish over night every day, plus their ride in containers from the far east.

The main thing would have water ready at you new place, if possible. This makes things much easier. Get a 30 gallon garbage can, fill with RO and mix salt. You can use this for the new water and floating when you arrive for the livestock.

Keep the rock underwater or wet the entire time. You can run a heater in their containers off a power inverter from your vehicle.

Bag all the corals, keep them warm enough. Heating blankets, pads, packs etc. Insulate the carrier well.

Fish bag and keep sort of warm. They don't have to be 78° but above 70° would be helpful.

You won't have to worry about water movement for at least 30 hrs.

Expect to soft cycle, so water changes often after the move.

Or use air stones in water that is heated. I think a power inverter would be key for you.

I lived in Minneapolis for 5 years.

cyclonewxchick

It won't be much different. We ship corals and fish over night every day, plus their ride in containers from the far east.

The main thing would have water ready at you new place, if possible. This makes things much easier. Get a 30 gallon garbage can, fill with RO and mix salt. You can use this for the new water and floating when you arrive for the livestock.

Keep the rock underwater or wet the entire time. You can run a heater in their containers off a power inverter from your vehicle.

Bag all the corals, keep them warm enough. Heating blankets, pads, packs etc. Insulate the carrier well.

Fish bag and keep sort of warm. They don't have to be 78° but above 70° would be helpful.

You won't have to worry about water movement for at least 30 hrs.

Expect to soft cycle, so water changes often after the move.

Or use air stones in water that is heated. I think a power inverter would be key for you.

I lived in Minneapolis for 5 years.

Seems easy enough

And I love the tank! And i finally ordered a media basket from you :)

And last plug, enjoy your snow, I miss it, growing up in Minneapolis then moving to Texas is a big shock

Seems easy enough

And I love the tank! And i finally ordered a media basket from you :)

And last plug, enjoy your snow, I miss it, growing up in Minneapolis then moving to Texas is a big shock

Thanks for the order. We got about 5-6 total inches today. Some areas west, which I think MN was involved in got a lot more. Better than last year when we had no snow and it was 50° all winter. I miss watching them dump the snow in the Mississippi in the cities.

• Like 1

So my sales rep from IM calls me today. In the course of the conversation he mentions they are dropping a new tank. Same huge rear chambers like the IM 30 & 38 yet 12" longer than the IM 16. So it's like the 16 only longer. WTF I say should have waited another month to set up the inTank office aquarium........ Grrrrr

• Like 1

Ugh.... It's tempting to transfer. But after all the computers and lights are setup it's so much work. Well see. The thing I want is the larger rear chambers and media baskets. It's really hard for me to transfer from the RSM basket to this little baby one.

Ugh.... It's tempting to transfer. But after all the computers and lights are setup it's so much work. Well see. The thing I want is the larger rear chambers and media baskets. It's really hard for me to transfer from the RSM basket to this little baby one.

Ughhh???? Stop whining, you know you are going to do it once you get it. Get a couple guys, slide the current tank over, put the new one in the same place and make it happen.

"Hi, I'm StevieT, I move tanks. I just do media baskets on the side..."

LOL

• Like 1

Tank looks great but, IMO the tank would look so much better with sand... Never been a fan of bb tanks.

I lean towards sand as well. I have never had a BB tank before and I'm going to try this one out for a while and see how it goes. In my theory it will keep the tank cleaner and allow me to neglect it a little more. I'm hanging on to this hobby by a thread right now.

"Hi, I'm StevieT, I move tanks. I just do media baskets on the side..."

LOL

I ship stuff and answer emails and move money around. That sums it up better