SaltCritters.com

StevieT's Nuvo 16 Experience

StevieT

• 1 month later...

I love the stand for your Nuvo 16, where can I get one? Do they come in black?

It is the Innovative Marine stand for the Nuvo 38. It comes in black and white

• 2 weeks later...

Filtration:

Lighting:

• EcoTech Marine Radion Gen 1

Steve couple of questions here. For filtration, do you have 1 bag of phosguard on each fuge basket, or do you have only 1 phosguard bag on one of the baskets and filter floss on both? Also, how often do you change your phosguard bags? Once a month?

Last question I had was about Lightning, can you share what your light settings/schedule are for your radion lights?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Stevie: should I be paniced into buying a Biocube because of cracked corner failure of the Nuvo 16.....with the new reports just recently, I am afraid of the time bomb too! Just sayin!

Looking at the Biocube 29 right now. I know it's bent but its the price range. The other option is way high, my lfs has a RSM C130 for $1000....what do you think.

There has never been issues with the biocubes or even the bent RSM's for that matter.

The new Fusions have really thick glass. Depends on if you want a hood or not I guess.

I say do it so you can buy more sweet baskets ;)

• 7 months later...

Is that an encrusting monti that is taking over the world with the GSP?

Yes it's a confusia taking over StevieWorld

The GSP is winning the war where they now touch. I just had to trim the monti away from the intake grate and the GSP is growing out of the water. For doing 2-3 WC per year I call that pretty good.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

G'day Stevie T, first time on here, I've just bought one of these tanks, need some help, if you can?, still have the original baskets would like some of yours? Have cheato in second chamber on the left side, have a modified nano skimmer turned into a K1 tumbling media thingy, will be upgrading return pumps soon, I have a Aqua sonic 100 watt heater in the same section as the return pump, but my temp fluctuates from 26.5c during day to 23.1c over night, help!!!! Cheers,,,

G'day Stevie T, first time on here, I've just bought one of these tanks, need some help, if you can?, still have the original baskets would like some of yours? Have cheato in second chamber on the left side, have a modified nano skimmer turned into a K1 tumbling media thingy, will be upgrading return pumps soon, I have a Aqua sonic 100 watt heater in the same section as the return pump, but my temp fluctuates from 26.5c during day to 23.1c over night, help!!!! Cheers,,,

Do you have a Nuvo 16 or a fusion?

Get a better heater or calibrate it if possible? I am not familiar with that heater sounds cheap and sucky.

Nuvo 16 mate, ripped out the media put floss in the top of both, purigen in one and I had a bag of seachem carbon and put that in the other, yeah, I'll have to get a tronic or something, I've changed it over to the same brand but a 50watt that's rated to 75 Lt tanks and moved it to the second chamber on the right side, see how that goes for now, just cycling tank at the moment,, I'll be getting a couple of your media baskets soon,

100w is plenty for this size of a tank, I have a 75W but some winters I have to throw a 50W in there to make up, just because I let the office get so cold at night/weekends. In a normal home situation that wouldn't be the case.

mate, humm you in the UK or Australia? If UK charterhouse should have those baskets in-stock.

• Like 1

No mate, Australia, gonna cost a bit to get them here, oh well, might get one of those cobalt heaters as well, they look sweet

Gotcha. We will have an Australia distributor sometime soon but I don't know if they will stock the Nuvo 16 baskets as that tank is discontinued. We are coming out with an updated version in a few weeks for the Fusion 10/20/25.

Don't get the heater from me... we're on 110 volts.

• Like 2

Good to know, I'll get the baskets soon anyway, the ones in it are crap, half the water just flows over the top of them!! Gotta sort this heater thing out. Besides all the mods your listed, any others to make it better? Thanks for your help too by the way mate,,,,

Good to know, I'll get the baskets soon anyway, the ones in it are crap, half the water just flows over the top of them!! Gotta sort this heater thing out. Besides all the mods your listed, any others to make it better? Thanks for your help too by the way mate,,,,

Online is your friend in Australia. Guppy's Aquarium Supplies, Age of Aquariums and Aquatic Supplies Australia are probably the best all round for reef orientated dry goods. You can get heaters at any pet store though. When it comes to heaters, take their ratings with a pinch of salt. I use a 55W to mix 30L of salt water for my water changes, takes overnight to heat to temp in winter. I'd be getting the basket direct from Stevie though :).

• Like 1

Thanks Rollajase, I heard good things about Aqua Zonics products from Mentone Aquarium but it neither the 50 or 100 watt will keep temp correct, I've never had problems with the Tronics, so I'll probably get one of those, Been out of the hobby for a few years but just getting back into it now, thought I'd start with one of these Nuvo's, or because I'm getting my gear through Ultimate Aquacare I might try one of their heaters, they are a great company, good people, got their LED's on the tank,

• Like 1

Thanks Rollajase, I heard good things about Aqua Zonics products from Mentone Aquarium but it neither the 50 or 100 watt will keep temp correct, I've never had problems with the Tronics, so I'll probably get one of those, Been out of the hobby for a few years but just getting back into it now, thought I'd start with one of these Nuvo's, or because I'm getting my gear through Ultimate Aquacare I might try one of their heaters, they are a great company, good people, got their LED's on the tank,

I have never really heard of Aqua Zonics as a brand. By rule of thumb the lowest quality I tend to go is Aqua One and use these heaters for my salt mixing and holding tanks. I currently use Fluval heaters for my display tank.

• Like 1

I hadn't either mate until I went to Mentone a couple of weeks ago, the Fluval Tronics I can't fault, but the Ultimate boys are great and I use their salt and additives and led's like I said so I think I'll give one of their heaters a go, do you know this company? They are a Aussie company, you should take a look at them,,

I hadn't either mate until I went to Mentone a couple of weeks ago, the Fluval Tronics I can't fault, but the Ultimate boys are great and I use their salt and additives and led's like I said so I think I'll give one of their heaters a go, do you know this company? They are a Aussie company, you should take a look at them,,

Can't say I have ever heard of them but I will check them out.