Pod Your Reef

UWWMatt's ADA 60-H

uwwmatt

Untitled-1-3_zpsb1e64047.png

I purchased this tank back in November 2010 but then life stepped in and I had to put my build plans on hold. Fast forward to today and I've dusted the old plans off and things are moving again. The majority of equipment and livestock will be coming from my CAD Lights 25G tank pictured below.

8612168924_8ec43383fe_b.jpg

Untitled-4_zpsb052ac5c.png

Tank: ADA 60-H (30)

Dimensions: 60cm X 30cm X 45cm

Gallons: 21.5

Glass Thickness: 6mm High Clarity

Untitled-5_zpsfa5fcc38.png

Untitled-6_zps8fc798e6.png

Light: Nano-Box 24 LED

Circulation: Ecotech Marine VorTech MP-10

Overflow: Glass-Holes Super Nano con Dientes

Controller: Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper Lite

RO/DI: Spectrapure MaxCap

• Like 6

:scarry:Untitled-7_zps0c1272f1.png:scarry:

It took me a year to work up the nerve to drill this tank. Google searches at the time revealed mixed messages on whether or not these could be easily drilled. I'll save you the time and worry, its ridiculously easily. It took me longer to clean up than to actually drill it.

I used the Glass-Holes complete overflow and return kits. They came with diamond hole saws, guides, and plumbing.

Step 1: Lay down towel on the inside to catch the falling glass and dripping water

Step 2: Figure out where you want the overflow to go, and attach the included guide

Step 3: Begin drilling while spraying continuously with water

Step 4: Keep the drill level and don't apply pressure. Just let the weight of the drill work its way through the glass

Step 5: Clean up the mess and attach the overflow (Use plumbers tape on the bulkhead threads)

8572760117_fb216ddac9.jpg

8572760045_19d8bb217a.jpg

8573852856_9887887008.jpg

Helpful Links from Glass-Holes:

Attaching the Overflow PDF

Drilling instructions with Video

Return kit installation PDF

• Like 3

Damnnn!! What are your plans set on equipments? Livestock?

Most of it will come from my current CAD tank.

Nanobox 24 LED light

Vortech MP10

Reef Keeper Lite

I'm not sure about the return yet. I have a Mag 5 lying around so maybe that, or I may switch to an Eheim.

• Like 1

Sounds good. So you're taking down the cad-lights?

Not sure yet. I'll probably have both running for a while. I have a spare reef keeper and Vortech MP 20 lying around I may throw in it. I'm not sure if I want to bother with the hassle of rehanging my HQI though.

how do u like the rfk lite.... whats it do?

Its okay. Mine controls everything, temps, lights, ATO (dual float switch), pumps. It also has a salinity and dual temp probes.

Why not the mp20 on the ada? Hmm

The MP10 has almost the same output, but a significantly smaller footprint.

SouthFlorida_Tron

my shopping list is a 2nd mp10, and a DJ power strip so i can start to shut off my pump and skimmer easier than pulling out the surge protector each time or just leaving it on and letting it clog lol

my shopping list is a 2nd mp10, and a DJ power strip so i can start to shut off my pump and skimmer easier than pulling out the surge protector each time or just leaving it on and letting it clog lol

Pull the trigger

Just use this

http://www.amazon.com/Woods-13569-Wireless-Control-Outlets/dp/B003ZTWYXY/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1360501356&sr=8-25&keywords=remote+power

Hook up the power strip to 1 of them, then hook up the skimmer to another one.

Well, I figured I better make a thread to help motivate me to get this project done.

I bought this ADA 60-H (Dimension:approx:24"x12"x18") back in November 2010. It's been sitting empty in by basement until today.

IMG_5638.jpg

The drilling process was much easier than I was expecting. I'm using the Glass-Holes nano overflow and return.

IMG_9261_zpsd3b9c48c.jpg

IMG_9267_zps0631c5f9.jpg

IMG_9269_zps62034538.jpg

Looking forward to this! I am about to get a 45p going. What did you use for your guide for drilling?