inTank Media Baskets

2.2 ADA Pico Reef

j_mccord

Hi all! I've been here for a while now, but am just getting around to posting an aquarium thread. This system started nearly two years ago as a 5.5, but downgraded to a 2.2 pico for convenience reasons. The pico itself, minus the time spent in the 5.5, is a little over a year old. Here are some pictures and specs for you to look at. I'll also provide the link for the Picasa page where all of my photos are stored so you can see all of the ones I've taken. I want to apologize for the not-so-great quality of the photos. I only have a camera phone, but my brother is going to let me borrow his DSLR soon enough. Over all the tank has matured beautifully and soon I hope to start stocking it with more and more corals. Thanks for looking!

Photo album: here

Aquarium: 8 x 8 x 8 ADA (Do!Aqua) cube

Lighting: Ecoxotic PAR 38 12K (~10 hrs.)

Flow / Filter: AC 20 with CPE and floss

Heater: Hydor Theo 50 watt

Auto-top-off: DIY

Salt: Red Sea Coral Pro (1.025 sg)

Corals:

Kenya Tree

Xenia

Galaxea

Green Mushrooms

Red and Green zoa's

Frogspawn

Small green paly's

Inverts:

Fire Red Shrimp

Halloween Hermit

Nassarius snail (super Tongan)

Astraea snail

I had a Yellow Clown Goby, but he died today after four months. I believe it was from a parasite because he had an extremely concave stomach and my feeding regime has been the same from when I first got him. I'm debating if I should get another one.

WP_000201.jpg

WP_000209.jpg

WP_000211.jpg

WP_000224.jpg

WP_000228.jpg

• Like 4

Pics work for me - nice mini-cube too!

I would be tempted to try a tiny yellow-tail damsel/ azure damsel or a baby clown in that tank... ;)

Thanks, guys! Zoom, I have really considered a damsel before. They are extremely beautiful. Do you think that would be pushing the bio load?

Deleted User 4

U have a pallet for a coffee table?

Lololol just noticed it after your post ahhaha. Man 1st time I've seen that ahaha. Pretty cool actually I mean you would of thought the ghettos using it but somehow it blends in this room of his.

Thanks, guy! Zoom, I have really considered a damsel before. They are extremely beautiful. Do you think that would be pushing the bio load?

Well, it would be, but with proper husbandry (i.e. frequent water changes... :) ) it would work I think. I frequently see tiny YT and azure damsels in stores near me, and just picked up a pair of azures ("yellow-bellied") that are in my 10g with an ocellaris clown (will be going in a 40B in the near future), and they are brilliantly colored.

I would think 1/2g water changes once a week would be enough... fingerscrossed

Yea, I completely agree. Right now I do roughly 0.5% - 0.75% water changes every week, so I think I have that covered. I'll wait it out for a while and put more thought into it. I really loved the YCG. He wasn't eating, so I went to the LFS to get Cyclops and garlic additive. When I got home, he was on the filter intake. :(

IIx, thanks for the compliment! Haha! I didn't think it would look as good as it does, but I was pretty surprised too!

• Like 1
Haha, yea. I made it myself. I'm in college and need to save money. :P
That is a sick table looks cool nothing wrong with that.

Tank is very nice by the way!

• Like 1

Right now I do roughly 0.5% - 0.75% water changes every week, so I think I have that covered.

You do realize that is only 2.8 - 4.2 tablespoons? Can your RODI unit keep up with these massive water changes? omgomgomg

• Like 1

Very nice pico!

Thanks, seahawk!

Awesome job... looks really good.

Thanks, hype! The biotope's coming along nicely!

That is a sick table looks cool nothing wrong with that.

Tank is very nice by the way!

Haha, I agree. Now that I've built it, its my gf favorite piece of furniture!

You do realize that is only 2.8 - 4.2 tablespoons? Can your RODI unit keep up with these massive water changes? omgomgomg

Wow.....I can't believe I got those mixed up! :blink: What I MEANT to say was that I do roughly 50% to 75% water changes every week. Thanks a lot for the clarification! :P

sheesh when I was in college, we had folding chairs in the living room, empty pizza boxes for a "coffee table"

and a big UPS box as a TV stand....rough life you have there.

Pallets are very in right now, get with the times guys.

90aee5b6150f8a810cbf6bfbd69f7019_zps41e13ac2202963cfe32c271803036ba5c2fd_zps8e62

Nice looking tank too

I've seen pallets being used in all types of ways. I wanted to make a bed out of a couple. :lol:

sheesh when I was in college, we had folding chairs in the living room, empty pizza boxes for a "coffee table"

and a big UPS box as a TV stand....rough life you have there.

Haha, thats pretty funny. But my comment was more sarcastic. If I was out to save money I wouldn't be in this hobby. Haha! I'm pretty big into design (and my girl friend is studying interior design), so we try to buy/make furniture that we really like while still trying to stay on an extremely tight budget. 90% of our apartment is from Craigslist! :P

• Like 1

Archived