Top Shelf Aquatics

February 2013 Featured Reef - Jacobnano's 15 Gallon Biotope

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

For February we're featuring Jacobnano and his 15 gallon temperate biotope aquarium!

Our ocean's ecosystems are incredibly diverse, hosting beautiful creatures in all sorts of varied conditions and climates, many of them lesser known to the aquarium hobby. Keeping an aquarium dedicated to one of these cold water regions, Jacobnano has successfully built a temperate biotope, inspired by his childhood in Puget Sound.
featuredreef.jpg
Click the picture above to check out his reef profile! You can find Jacobnano's aquarium journal in our Members Aquariums forum. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for Jacobnano, and he'll try his best to answer them.

• Like 7

I love the temperate tanks, I am from the BC coast and am all to familiar with the beauty the cold beholds :)

Congrats !

• Like 1

Congrats, Jacob!!! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your reef profile. You've done a fabulous job with this tank. I have to say we're all lucky that your father has taken an interest in your tank. I want to see what new and interesting things pop up (like the urchin), down the line. Congrats again!!!!!

• Like 1

Thank you again everyone! I am glad so many find this tank at least somewhat interesting, that will keep the temperate hobby going!

Heck yes you did Eddie!

Gena, thank you! I can't wait to see what this tank will look like years down the line!

• Like 2

I really like the fact that you did something different from the norm. It's very neat to see the diversity of life in your tank. Congrats on TOTM.

Congrats on a second TOTM Jacob! I couldn't even name one creature in your tank but it certainly looks cool :)

I was looking back at your old SPS tank thread. You really grew the $hit out of that tank. I was out of the hobby then so I didn't see it until now. :bowdown:

Archived