Pod Your Reef

40B Box O' Rocks

Acielot

Oh, boo, I've been playing since FF6(best of the series).

Haha I've heard. I'll probably play Lighting Returns and call it quits with the series. How about Dark Cloud have you ever played that one? That was my introduction into the FF style game :lol:

:/ sorry the your lfs is closing

Yeah they were pretty good. I sad to see them go but there are quite a few others that I frequent as well.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha I've heard. I'll probably play Lighting Returns and call it quits with the series. How about Dark Cloud have you ever played that one? That was my introduction into the FF style game :lol:

Yeah they were pretty good. I sad to see them go but there are quite a few others that I frequent as well.

That was the first ps2 game I got then FF10

Dark Cloud is nothing like FF, crazy. :P

True, but it was still a really fun game, in my opinion.

True, but it was still a really fun game, in my opinion.

I think the storyline could easily fit into FF and if Level-5 put a little bit more work into the graphics it could be FF(insert roman numeral game number here) :D

Heck, FFXIII-2 is basically the Dark Cloud 2 storyline with Sora from Kingdom Hearts and other FF friendlies.

Yeah that sucker has grown quite a bit. I might be tempted to cut it when the upgrade happens.

Yeah that pico has a small 50/50 PC on it right now. Zoas and gsp grow fine under it.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/67581_608511175845179_96013299_n.jpg

There they are. I really have no idea where my fish go to sleep at night except for Florence because she always sleeps in that corner. Otherwise I check around the tank to make sure that they haven't jumped :lol: I usually end up finding them in the very back and bottom of the tank chilling with the crab.

Do ittt! It's really not that bad...kind of intimidating, but still, not that bad once you get down to it!

That's the same lighting I had, and nothing would grow...must have been my lack of heater :closedeyes: . Glad it's working for your sis :D .

Cute! They look really happy :wub:

My poor budget was just tossed out the window. My tank is excited to have some new LPS and zoas though

I got some MIcromussa (purple and green), favia (1 green and light blue / 1 purple and green / 1 dark purple), and some blue tubbs zoas. all for $35 since Serenity Saltwater is closing. :tears:

But starting today the only thing that will be purchased will be food and stuff to setup this tank. fingerscrossed

Hehe. Sounds like you got some good deals! It is very sad...I'm going to be down there before they close up, anything left I'd like? I heard their phone was out :unsure:. I saw on the FB page they don't have any nems left, but I'm looking for xenia or anthelia, and maybe a ric to try. Or those frogspawn/octospawns they'd been keeping in grow-out and the expensive section :P. How far down do they have the prices marked?

I'm going to be down there before they close up, anything left I'd like?

If you like zoas, sps, or favia then yes. :lol:

I'm looking for xenia or anthelia, and maybe a ric to try.

There was a Yuma but I am not sure if they sold it or not.

Or those frogspawn/octospawns they'd been keeping in grow-out and the expensive section :P.

I didn't see any euphyllia at all.

How far down do they have the prices marked?

It was buy 2 guy 3 free today and probably until closing. They are not doing % discount anymore as far as I know since they just want to get the stuff out BOGO seems to be quicker I guess.

It sucks though because there were zoas( that I was eyeing ) they had in the not for sale section for awhile were in the sold section today. Not a single frag was out for sale :tears: I didn't even see the cinnamon grandis. So I got a blue tubbs to ease my sorrow.

Everything is acclimated well and the micromussa is already eating omgomgomg the blue tubbs look grey under my lights but hopefully when they go under the LEDs they will turn that brilliant blue.

QUESTION!!! will favia of different colors sting each other? I spaced everything out on the little bit of sandbed that I have leftand tried getting everything set apart.

If you like zoas, sps, or favia then yes. :lol:

There was a Yuma but I am not sure if they sold it or not.

I didn't see any euphyllia at all.

It was buy 2 guy 3 free today and probably until closing. They are not doing % discount anymore as far as I know since they just want to get the stuff out BOGO seems to be quicker I guess.

It sucks though because there were zoas( that I was eyeing ) they had in the not for sale section for awhile were in the sold section today. Not a single frag was out for sale :tears: I didn't even see the cinnamon grandis. So I got a blue tubbs to ease my sorrow.

Shoot! My little tank can't handle that many with the other stuff I'm planning! No Cinnamons? I guess they took them home :closedeyes:

I've been wanting some too, maybe we should split a frag sometime(w/at least a few polyps each, I'm still not sold on 1 polyp frags doing well). Tubbs are awesome, let me know if you frag 'em :wub:

Everything is acclimated well and the micromussa is already eating omgomgomg the blue tubbs look grey under my lights but hopefully when they go under the LEDs they will turn that brilliant blue.

QUESTION!!! will favia of different colors sting each other? I spaced everything out on the little bit of sandbed that I have leftand tried getting everything set apart.

Yay! I haven't had favia, but in general I I think as long as it's the same species of coral it's ok even if the colors are different? It's that way with everything I've had, at least.

I've been wanting some too, maybe we should split a frag sometime(w/at least a few polyps each, I'm still not sold on 1 polyp frags doing well). Tubbs are awesome, let me know if you frag 'em :wub:

Once they start growing I'll give you a heads up. ;)

Yay! I haven't had favia, but in general I I think as long as it's the same species of coral it's ok even if the colors are different? It's that way with everything I've had, at least.

I was thinking the same but I wanted to be sure. They had some strands hanging off of them that looked life feeder tentacles or sweepers out and the maxi mini grabbed them :mellow: Not sure if I should be moving them around yet but no damage has been done.

I finally switched to Coralife reef salt mix instead of the instant ocean reef salt since I haven't really been seeing the growth that I want. I did a 20% wc today and hopefully I start seeing things explode with new polyps. One of my frags has been doing really good. Since 2 polyps accidentally got torn off of the original rock I glued them to a frag plug and a month later I have 5 polyps +babies/stolons :D the only thing unfortunate about it is that they are just purple and green - not very good looking by themselves not even fluorescent green <_<

AND I found a nudibranch running around my tank. None of my zoas have been ill tempered and I doubt that this little critter is the reason my torch is looking not so hot so I left it in there. It was really small and solid brown. Trying to get an ID on it now....

Micromussa

DSCN0662_zps1bce9e58.jpg

Brown with green eye favia

DSCN0663_zpsa63e5564.jpg

Purle with green eye favia

DSCN0664_zps6ccb086e.jpg

Fleshy pink with green eye favia

DSCN0671_zps6fe5af9e.jpg

Blue tubbs looking grey

DSCN0670_zpsc4cd6ded.jpg

I finally switched to Coralife reef salt mix instead of the instant ocean reef salt since I haven't really been seeing the growth that I want. I did a 20% wc today and hopefully I start seeing things explode with new polyps.

AND I found a nudibranch running around my tank. None of my zoas have been ill tempered and I doubt that this little critter is the reason my torch is looking not so hot so I left it in there. It was really small and solid brown. Trying to get an ID on it now....

Cool-looks like it's half the price, too...where did you get it? Online or locally? I usually use the regular instant ocean and tried the reef mix for one box, and the LPS seemed to grow faster, but I forgot last time I bought so now I'm back to the regular and it's not growing as much :P

Picture of the nudi? I had a teeny tiny one in the 12 gallon that lit up orange under the actinics, but I lost him in the tank shuffle :closedeyes: ...they're so cute!

The Pink and Blue Spotted Watchman Goby.

DSCN0645_zpsd5d05e19.jpg

:wub:

Cool-looks like it's half the price, too...where did you get it? Online or locally? I usually use the regular instant ocean and tried the reef mix for one box, and the LPS seemed to grow faster, but I forgot last time I bought so now I'm back to the regular and it's not growing as much :P

I got the 200 gallon box from marine depot. Hopefully the torch starts growing because I tried fragging it with the dremel and I ended up destroying a small head. :unsure: I am just going to try and leave it alone for awhile.

Picture of the nudi? I had a teeny tiny one in the 12 gallon that lit up orange under the actinics, but I lost him in the tank shuffle :closedeyes: ...they're so cute!

No it was too small for my camera to focus on. It was probably the size of a sugar ant and solid brown. It was similar to a berghia but darker.

The favia didn't take too well to being near each other they all melted but the micromussa is doing well. Hopefully they come back around because there is still a bit of flesh left in the skeleton.

I got the 200 gallon box from marine depot. Hopefully the torch starts growing because I tried fragging it with the dremel and I ended up destroying a small head. :unsure: I am just going to try and leave it alone for awhile.

No it was too small for my camera to focus on. It was probably the size of a sugar ant and solid brown. It was similar to a berghia but darker.

The favia didn't take too well to being near each other they all melted but the micromussa is doing well. Hopefully they come back around because there is still a bit of flesh left in the skeleton.

Bummer. I once snapped the skeleton and subsequently killed a torch trying to mount it to my LR(my thumb slipped, the rest, as they say, is history...) Did you try a razor? That's how I've fragged some of the frogspawn and hammers that were too solid to crack off, and a sawing motion persistently applied worked much better than I thought it would.

Aw, a little guy! Too bad about the favia, but at least the other coral is still doing well.

Wow it seems that little guy is a heartbreaker.... and he wears pink B)

Aw, a little guy! Too bad about the favia, but at least the other coral is still doing well.

Yeah there is still a bit of flesh in 2 of them but my favorite of the 3 is completely dead. I'll give them some time to turn around and revive themselves before I turn them into a zoa frags.

I'll try the razor idea next time but I'll give the torch some time to recover after being mangled. :closedeyes:

lol. They have a mind of their own, don't they? :P

Well it is jumping back and forth between the frogspawn and maxi mini now. It doesn't venture up the rockwork anymore. :closedeyes: It was beautiful while it lasted.

The Goby is currently missing. I haven't seen him for a few days but I know for a fact that it hasn't jumped so he was either cleaned up by the CUC or he is hiding and hopefully it's the latter. I am also pretty sure that the crab climbed out again since I haven't seen her either, I guess I will be on the lookout tomorrow. <_<

On a positive note the Gorg and the sun coral are having crazy PE at night :D I give them a good squirt of Phyto and Spectrum pellets and they go crazy.

DSCN0645_zpsd5d05e19.jpg

So much for knowing as a fact....The poor little guy decided to jump ship. I don't know how he managed to heave himself 1" out of water considering that he always stayed in his cave network. He will be missed. :tears:

It sucks. I don't know what I want to replace him with since I don't want to get the same fish again.

andi.rahl

not sure what's going on with me.I literally just looked at the start of the thread, came back to this page to post,a nd already I'm blanking on the tank size.

not sure what's going on with me.I literally just looked at the start of the thread, came back to this page to post,a nd already I'm blanking on the tank size.

Everything is being kept in the 20tall for now until I can afford to get the 50 wet and cycled with all of its gadgets and doodads. Also part of the reason that I could care less about algae cropping up since I am not reusing the rock.

Archived