Cultivated Reef

40B Box O' Rocks

Acielot

Well I have the labtop screen and then the second extended screen is a plasma screen tv. The labtop just has a less dynamic color range and everything looks washed out anyways, but the tv screen is good on color rendering.

It's always true to life or close on the camera but as soon as I view them on the computer/tv they are not as bright.

I think I'm just missing a setting somewhere:/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reefdiver88

How's your Blue Head Wrasse behaving? They have such great coloration. I've always wanted one, but have heard they can chow down on inverts.

How's your Blue Head Wrasse behaving? They have such great coloration. I've always wanted one, but have heard they can chow down on inverts.

I'll be honest lol

When he wasn't in his terminal phase, he was a great fish, but dull brown. Once he transitioned he became the biggest PITA, but now he is colorful.

He steals food from all the coral and tears their mouths or flesh. My elegance and bubble coral have been ravaged by him.

Snails are safe because he can't manage to flip them but large feather dusters get destroyed the same as crabs, bristle worms, hermits, shrimp(blood and skunk) and smaller gobies or any other wrasse so far.

He's become too agressive for me to add delicate corals or even new fish. I'm actually trying to rehome him at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Added a new fish. Lets see how well the bluehead wrasse behaves to it.

As for the new fish it's ninja mode until it settles into the tank.

What did you get

IMG_4488_zpswqivcngs.jpg

A cute little potters wrasse. Fat and healthy as far as the eye can see. It is eating .5mm pellets and roe

I removed the bluehead because he was just too aggressive to newcomers.

She's very photogenic, thanks Kat :)

She seems to have a strict sleep schedule. She hasn't left the sand earlier than noon and she's back in bed before 9.

jedimasterben

She's very photogenic, thanks Kat :)

She seems to have a strict sleep schedule. She hasn't left the sand earlier than noon and she's back in bed before 9.

Is this pretty close to your photoperiod? It takes them weeks to months to get adjusted to changes.

Is this pretty close to your photoperiod? It takes them weeks to months to get adjusted to changes.

It is almost. The main lights come on at 11 and go off at 7. But the moonlights stay on until 10 so she hangs out in the dark for a bit.

I haven't seen the wrasse most of the week because I've been getting home after lights out but I just saw her a few minutes ago emerge from the sand.

I gave her some pellets and shes gobbling them down. fingerscrossed hopefully she stays healthy.

• 1 month later...

My first day of legal alcohol consumption :D

I spent the day at the springs and got a nice birthday tan. I'll be heading out for the real party later tonight.

Tank update: The potters wrasse is still nice and plump however the watchman goby is gone without a trace and the citron goby is being really stubborn about eating.

I've tracked down the mother colony of an old acro that I loved so I'll have a frag of it in a few weeks.

The tank has been on autopilot lately and it's doing well without me screwing around. Just waterchanges and a small amount of fresh gfo every week.

Made an order for more coral

4 chalice frags

2 zoas

Clove polyps

And a favia.

• 1 month later...

A sort of update:

His band around his head is going away slowly. Notice the gap? It wasn't there when he was younger.

DPP0087_zps8usyksme.jpg

DPP0088_zps9idqdgkv.jpg

Just cleaned the tank and did a WC. Everything hates life right now

DPP0086_zpsi2iln8us.jpg

Happy 3 months!

DPP_0023_zpsl9loxto7.jpg

NC0060_zpszmqtrwur.jpg

IMG_4651_zpslusxmnyh.jpg

DPP0089_zpspma9ikf0.jpg

DPP_0022_zpsgw9l2tkz.jpg

DPP0092_zpsmtzimjcu.jpg

Corsica posed for a single photo :P

DPP0093_zpspb7vsffs.jpg

New coral. After expecting them to be completely dead it was nice to see them clinging onto life.

Wow, sweet looking tank! I am glad I peeked at this thread.

Thank you. The tank has sort of been on the back burners for a while but it's slowly shaping up.

It will eventually be full...

Archived