ReefCleaners.org

ZX6Reefer's 10g - Running out of room....

ZX6Reefer

Well, I decided to finally upgrade to a 10g AIO setup. Since my pistol shrimp is out more than my YWG I figured I'd buy a fish that I can actually look at. This little clown has so much personality and adds a lot of life to the tank.

I'm much happier with the bigger tank and now I can hide all of my equipment! Also, with it being a peninsula I have much more room for corals.

Equipment

• 10g AGA tank
  • AIO from Badfish reef systems
  • DIY LED setup:

3 RB CREE XT-E

3 RB Phillips Rebel ES

1 B CREE XP-E

2 "UV"

3 CW CREE XP-G

2 NW CREE XP-G

• Cobalt MJ900 for return
  • Koralia Nano 240
  • 50 watt heater

Fauna

• Ocellaris Clown Re-homed
  • Yellow Watchman Goby
  • Dirty looking Clown
  • Firefish Jumper
  • Tiger Pistol Shrimp
  • Hermits
  • Snails
  • Various Zoas
  • Frogspawn
  • Ricordea
  • Trumpet coral

Most Recent FTS:

3Dc9a6d.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

sideb_zps60bd7d5f.jpg

front_zpsba4aff2f.jpg

sidea_zps3f02ce31.jpg

top_zps21067d93.jpg

zoa1_zps84f2ce86.jpg

frogspawn_zpsd9a5855d.jpg

zoa2_zps78b77021.jpg

zoastar_zpse7c5ec7a.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 3
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! I love it! That tank looks awesome and the rockwork is perfect for the peninsula style setup! Great job dude! Will definitely be following your progression!

Well I just finished my weekly water change and decided to look for my goby. He wasn't in the tank so I looked around on the floor. Found him all shriveled up like fish jerky. :(

Time for a lid!

Yes, the mirco stars were hitchhikers from the live rock I bought. They are all over the place now. My lights are out for the night but I'll post some updated pics soon. You'll even get to see my diatom bloom!

The mesh is doubled-up bird netting I had laying around. It was too wide and I was worried a fish could still jump through so I added a second layer in the other direction.

I've got some new zoas that are still closed but my lights just came on an hour ago. I've got a few shots of the new yuma and a couple new zoa additions, though.

moonfts_zpsf1c81021.jpg

ftsreg_zps75a86fbc.jpg

ftsfront_zps34267f71.jpg

ftsreg2_zpsd544b8b3.jpg

pseudofi_zps4c102020.jpg

zoaright_zps0ce7c28a.jpg

yuma_zpsde8a3c13.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I found my new watchman belly up two days ago. He was not eating well and his color was off when I got him, but I thought he was just stressed. Remind me not to buy any "fixer-upper" fish in the future...

On a better note, I was at my parent's yesterday and my mom told me their green ric I've had my eye on was ready to be fragged. We took it out of the water and it was already seperated from the colony. One whack with a hammer and chisel and I got a new coral!

FTSS1_zpsf64c304c.jpg

FTSF_zpse276c4b3.jpg

FTSS2_zps5085bea9.jpg

Ricordea_zps4070711a.jpg

Zoa1_zps90f1644d.jpg

Zoa3_zpsbc221272.jpg

I've decided to pick up a hi fin red banded goby sometime next week. I've also decided to give my clown to my parents since they want to pair theirs and they don't have a quarantine tank. They definitely have a lot more to lose and I don't want them taking any chances.

This leaves room for another small fish in my tank. I'm torn between picking up another baby ocellaris or maybe something different. I want something small and active that isn't going to hide in the rock all day with the pistol shrimp and goby.

Anyone have any good ideas?

Looking good. If you are looking to spend some money I would recommend the Helfrichi Firefish:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+2124+171&pcatid=171

I would love to have one, but I can't find them locally.

At some point down the road I'd love to get a helfrichi but it's a bitt out of my comfortable price range right now. I've also been considering a tail-spot blenny. If all else fails I'll probably go with a juvenile B&W ocellaris.

Archived