SaltCritters.com

ADA 60-F Build + Brand new Nano Frag Tank (5g AIO)

qualitycontrol

qualitycontrol

Tank: ADA 60-F

Stand: Ikea Besta cabinet/stand

Light: AI Sol nano

Possibilities to come:

ADA mini S

13mm glass pipes

32mm glass skimmer

Eheim 2217/2234 canister filter

AC70 with Algae Scrubber mod.

Hydor 200W inline heater

Fish:

Clown

Corals:

Zoas

LPS

Crew:
1 - Trocus snail - Cleaning like MAD!

Well, I decided to downgrade the biocube HQI to a ADA 60-F. Now I am not sure whether I am going to run a sump or a canister and here is why. I was thinking of building a sump from a 3g ADA MINI-S, have a glass skimmer, and DSB with Chaeto. I also thought of getting a canister with a 2g filtration volume and using that as my water change volume. Would be easy to connect the output to the input to circulate the water to mix salt. At 2g it should be fairly quick. Comments welcome!

post-46904-0-69900300-1359078355_thumb.jpg

post-46904-0-46678200-1359078363_thumb.jpg

post-46904-0-95682400-1359078370_thumb.jpg

post-46904-0-62785600-1359078377_thumb.jpg

post-46904-0-68528300-1359078385_thumb.jpg

post-46904-0-47802800-1359078393_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
qualitycontrol

As do I. For the longest time I could not have one because shipping and duties coming into Canada were crazy. I found a store in Montreal that sells them and it was reasonably priced. Now I have to figure out what yields the best setup for me. A canister or sump, I like the idea of a micro sump.

I originated with a canister filter and wish I had saved myself the time. At some point your going to want to have other equipment and the only place you can put it is the display unless you have a sump. My biggest concern has been with the ATO and having a Refuigum, but a skimmer would be nice to have as well.

I would recommend drilling it before its wet. It will be much harder later.

qualitycontrol

I love the look of glass, and I know many of you don't recommend it because its a pain in the ass but its something I have to sacrifice for the look I want.

I have an ATO running on my biocube, stealing an MP10, ATO, I have a chiller which I doubt I will need and a 4 pump dosing unit if I need.

Still trying to figure out whats best for me.

qualitycontrol

Two questions. 1. What substrate should I use? I want something pretty and preferably white. What is everyone using in the 60-F

2. What are you setting your MP-10 to flow wise?

It says max load is 22lbs for the shelf unit, so take that however you like, but I will probably reinforce the insides just in case since the stand uses particle board, and not plywood or something stronger. Just my opinion of course...

• Like 1

Hmmmm...... Idk I'd like to use that for a 11.4 mr aqua or maybe a 17.4 with at least a 10g sump

I'm using it for my 11.4 Mr. Aqua actually. Should fit perfectly with just a bit of overhang all around if you center the tank. Might fit more snug with a 17.4 though.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20134188/

gonna add that to the bottom of mine

That's hawt... When I gather more funds I'll probably pick one of those up too, to get a bit more height.

I'm using it for my 11.4 Mr. Aqua actually. Should fit perfectly with just a bit of overhang all around if you center the tank. Might fit more snug with a 17.4 though.

That's hawt... When I gather more funds I'll probably pick one of those up too, to get a bit more height.

where is the thread zero
Deleted User 4

For anyone interested, I **BELIEVE** this is the correct stand, only in a different color: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49923883/

I just bought one.. :P

They also make leg extensions for anyone who needs the unit to be higher then 25".

Lol, I have that stand under my ada right now :)

What size sump could you fit inside the stand? At least a 10 gallon.

yeah, it can fit a 10g or less. Nothing bigger. You would have to drill a hole through the stand though....

Tank: ADA 60-F

Stand: Ikea Besta cabinet/stand

Light: AI Sol nano

Possibilities to come:

ADA mini S

13mm glass pipes

32mm glass skimmer

Eheim 2217/2234 canister filter

AC70 with Algae Scrubber mod.

Hydor 200W inline heater

Fish:

Clown

Pigmy goby

Corals:

TBD

Crew:

TBD

Well, I decided to downgrade the biocube HQI to a ADA 60-F. Now I am not sure whether I am going to run a sump or a canister and here is why. I was thinking of building a sump from a 3g ADA MINI-S, have a glass skimmer, and DSB with Chaeto. I also thought of getting a canister with a 2g filtration volume and using that as my water change volume. Would be easy to connect the output to the input to circulate the water to mix salt. At 2g it should be fairly quick. Comments welcome!

I would get a canister!!! diy sumps are ugly as heck. Unless you're getting a designed reef ready sump which goes for $150+ then different story.

And I'm super glad you went with the ai nano sol. :)

They're the best led's for nano sized tanks!!!

• Like 1
qualitycontrol

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20134188/]http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20134188/[/url]

gonna add that to the bottom of mine

o and quality if you can take the foam off the tank and take a pic that would be super sick

This is the stand in black brown, with the corresponding door. I will take a picture without the foam in the morning but my measurements went like this. First i measured the tank length and it was 23 5/8" long and the top of the cabinet is 23 5/8" long. I am going to drill a hole and put a nice stainless ring to make it look nice. I also have a nice idea for a light stand. And plan on incorporating this into a TV center as seen below. The tank will be on the far left as this is the piece of that puzzle i have under my tank now. I will mount feet on the bottom and add a wooden plynth to cover the gap like they do in kitchens. That is to come later, this is just the start.

post-46904-0-35901500-1359092816_thumb.jpg

qualitycontrol

I would get a canister!!! diy sumps are ugly as heck. Unless you're getting a designed reef ready sump which goes for $150+ then different story.

And I'm super glad you went with the ai nano sol. :)

They're the best led's for nano sized tanks!!!

What canister would you get??

Deleted User 4

What canister would you get??

Lol, well I'm getting the fluval g3 for my next ada build.

It's a bit on the pricey end. But that's what this hobby is all about. Show your style and enjoy it by spending a bit more.''

81ngt923jQL_SL1500__zpsac60f58d.jpg

Lol, well I'm getting the fluval g3 for my next ada build.

It's a bit on the pricey end. But that's what this hobby is all about. Show your style and enjoy it by spending a bit more.''

81ngt923jQL_SL1500__zpsac60f58d.jpg

heard bad things on those. Look up some reviews. Heard they are loud. Go eheim. Dead silent and reliable

Archived