Cultivated Reef

RollaJase's 30G Custom Cube - Tank Torn Down

RollaJase

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, Z it is.

We shall see. They have just released the MY15 spec for the 86 with the BRZ release coming later this year. Might just go down this path again.

Hope your insurance takes care of you dude, just be glad its not medical insurance being dealt with.

Exactly mate, still playing the waiting game over here.

MY15?

The 2015 spec for the car. All the next year specs for cars tend to be rolled in around August each year. The MY15 spec has upgraded suspension with new mounts, a shark fin antenna as standard , rear view camera as standard and some minor interior and exterior changes. There will also be a new colour for the Australian market, Scion will be rolling out a yellow colour for the USDM market but no word on what Toyota is doing here. Basically these upgrades are stuff I have already done to my MY14 spec car and at only slightly more expensive then what my car cost originally I will be pushing for this spec if they will replace. I may have to wait longer for the car but it will be more worth while.

The MY16 spec is apparently going to have a 2.5L turbo and possibly AWD at a 5-10k price rise over the current top model.

The evaluation guy from my insurance company went out to take a look at the car today and assess the repairs. 11.5K worth of damage with almost the entire car needing a respray. This is why we have insurance I guess. All I need is for the claims department to sign off on the work and they will replace half the panels on the car, front and rear bumpers, drivers side headlight, the entire steering rack and front suspension assembly and will be replacing the front right wheel. All the work can be carried out in 2 weeks they estimate with all the parts being in the country already besides the alloy wheel and the front shock absorbers.

The evaluation guy from my insurance company went out to take a look at the car today and assess the repairs. 11.5K worth of damage with almost the entire car needing a respray. This is why we have insurance I guess. All I need is for the claims department to sign off on the work and they will replace half the panels on the car, front and rear bumpers, drivers side headlight, the entire steering rack and front suspension assembly and will be replacing the front right wheel. All the work can be carried out in 2 weeks they estimate with all the parts being in the country already besides the alloy wheel and the front shock absorbers.

Woah! I'm surprised with that much work that they didn't total the car. I hope they get it done quickly for you with no major issues. I hate dealing with insurance and repair shops.

Good thing you weren't hurt! I hope they are taking care of all of the estimated costs for you.

Woah! I'm surprised with that much work that they didn't total the car. I hope they get it done quickly for you with no major issues. I hate dealing with insurance and repair shops.

I was shocked also, I thought they would have saved themselves the time and trouble and repaired mine to sell and ordered a replacement. My insurer has a policy where they have to honour all repairs for the life of the vehicle so I thought it would be in their best interest not having that hanging over their head.

Good thing you weren't hurt! I hope they are taking care of all of the estimated costs for you.

At the end of the day thats all that really matters. My excess is $1100 for this car so I shouldn't have to shell out any more than that hopefully.

Well it sounds like you have good insurance at least! I hope they make it look good as new for you!

I need to call them today to see whats happening on their end but I don't want to 'poke the bear' so to speak. I am hoping they get the colour right and it all looks factory new, pearl paint is really hard to match and blend so I am hoping they will repaint the entire car. If something isn't right I will be sending it back until they get it right.

Insurance gave the green light for repairs on my car and all parts have been ordered. Downside is that the headlight, LCA's and steering knuckle need to come direct from Japan with a 3 week ETA. On the plus side the paint and all body pannels are in stock in Sydney and will arrive sometime next week so the work can begin. Now that this is sorted I can put my mind back to getting the sump online (which is plumbed btw, well the drains anyway) and get my tank back in shape.

Exactly what I wanted to see, got home from work, being unable to test my Alk for the last 4 days, did the test and only 0.3dKH drop over the 4 days, almost there. I am going to let the Alk gradually drop down to 9.5dKH over the next two weeks. I wont be able to do a water change until my sump goes online in a fortnights time so when I do the change, at this rate, the Alk will be spot on.

Excellent, it feels good to have it dialled in - every time I test week to week and the readings are the same it's air punch time. :lol:

It is a big relief knowing that things are finally starting to get back to normal, I was definitely punching the air last night. Hopefully I will stop nuking corals now haha.

All that green is giving me a half chub :).

:lol:

Well, the reign of the Toyota 86 (Scion FRS) is over :(. Crashed it not a hour ago dropping a friend home and trying to avoid a stray dog on the road. Just what I need.

:tears:

y2qmmI.jpg

smi_zps41e92af9.gif So fresh and clean looking! So clever what you did with the acros on top of the new killer bonsai pillar! Brilliant buddy!

NtYca2.jpg

OMG! So sorry for your loss brotha! Not your brand new baby, ugh.. Glad you made it out ok though, that's what truly matters! Because i was so behind in here. It sounds like you'll be getting her back all shiny and purdy agn soon though, huh?

7169223981_6d8a1073cb_o.jpg

And this really put's thing's in perspective! Material thing's are a fun achievements/distractions. But slowing down to enjoy killer views like this once an a while are really what it's all about! Great pic!

Also glad to see your having success getting your parameters dialed in. Such a pain in the ass chore but there's no better feeling when everything's dialed in.

:lol:

:tears:

smi_zps41e92af9.gif So fresh and clean looking! So clever what you did with the acros on top of the new killer bonsai pillar! Brilliant buddy!

OMG! So sorry for your loss brotha! Not your brand new baby, ugh.. Glad you made it out ok though, that's what truly matters! Because i was so behind in here. It sounds like you'll be getting her back all shiny and purdy agn soon though, huh?

And this really put's thing's in perspective! Material thing's are a fun achievements/distractions. But slowing down to enjoy killer views like this once an a while are really what it's all about! Great pic!

Also glad to see your having success getting your parameters dialed in. Such a pain in the ass chore but there's no better feeling when everything's dialed in.

Logged in at work and saw this:

dqVGLe.png

and knew you must be on a spree haha. How are things going buddy? Long time no see.

I love the pillar, I love how much extra space it has given me while opening up the sandbed. It has also helped improve the waterflow around the lower parts of the tank. Just a shame withe the recent issues i have been having that 75% of those acros have since been thrown in the trash :tears: .

I was, and still am utterly crushed about the car. At the end of the day it was an avoidable incident but I'm glad that my friend and myself are Ok and that the insurance came through. Not what I needed right now as the whole ordeal has eaten into my holiday fund (just over a month worth of savings) but nothing can be donw about that I guess. Repairs should have started this week when the body panels arrived from interstate but it's still going to be about 3-4 weeks before I will get her back (assuming I am happy with the repairs and don't make them fix things).

We really are blessed with the views at my parents house. We always joke about how much hard work living where we are is and how much extra work the Vineyard demands but at the end of the day the views make it all worth while. Sometimes I'm even around to snap great shots like that :).

Yes the doser is finally paying off. I have found quite a few flaws with the programming of this Marine Color unit but now that I am aware of the short falls and how to over come them the convenience the doser provides is well worth its weight in gold. Alk is almost stable day to day and Cal fluctuates slightly still. My main goal was to get the Alk dialled in and then tweak it with the Cal. Further tweaking will be required when the sump goes online as the added water volume should mean slightly less needing to be dosed.

Thanks for stopping by buddy :D.

On that note I finished the plumbing for the sump last night :ninja:.

Sump will be online next weekend after almost 12 months of design, construction and me generally being lazy haha.

Watch this space.

:lol: I had some catching up to do apparently.

75%! I must've missed that part. I read where you lost lot's of acro's but i thought it was previous to the new scape. Sh!tty bud, sorry dude! At least you have pretty solid connections over there for nice sized colonies for reasonable prices. Compared to here anyway's. Can't wait to see what you replace it all with. Kandy retail therapy is awesome! Granted your probably saving all avaible funds for your upcoming Epic vaca! When you get to Vegas just put all remaining funds on red and guaranteed double up and buy some more goodies!

Any car updates this week? Glad to hear they're using authentic Japanese parts!

Plumbing :o:naughtydance: So..........How goes it on that front mate :D

:lol: I had some catching up to do apparently.

75%! I must've missed that part. I read where you lost lot's of acro's but i thought it was previous to the new scape. Sh!tty bud, sorry dude! At least you have pretty solid connections over there for nice sized colonies for reasonable prices. Compared to here anyway's. Can't wait to see what you replace it all with. Kandy retail therapy is awesome! Granted your probably saving all avaible funds for your upcoming Epic vaca! When you get to Vegas just put all remaining funds on red and guaranteed double up and buy some more goodies!

Any car updates this week? Glad to hear they're using authentic Japanese parts!

Plumbing :o:naughtydance: So..........How goes it on that front mate :D

I lost most of my acros before the pillar went in when I was strugling with Alk swings badly. I had everything stabalised and got some nice new pieces and then my dosing pump decided to disable auto dosing and the tank swung big again and I lost all of those pieces bar one which is half dead, also lost an elegance, my trachy and tublicised off my torch. This episode I haven't publicised as I haven't been around and it annoys the hell out of me :(. But yeah, trying to save for my trip so no new kandies for a while I think. I had to order some new test kits and some Phosphate remover this week which hurt. I am sorting out my accommodation for Singapore this weekend which leaves me only needing to sort out my accommodation in the States and then all I have to do is save up some spending money. Will definitely need to try my luck in Vegas though ;).

No new updates on the car :(. Body panels should have arrived last week sometime so work should have started atleast.

Yes, plumbing ;). All cut, all glued and all good to go fingerscrossed . Planning on getting the bad boy wet this weekend, finally. I was going to post up some pictures over the weekend but ran out of time on Sunday due to recovering from Saturday ;).

That must have been one big *** dog.

On a better note, now you can get a BRZ.

Here is my baby:

10153117_10201847475490391_1237477479_n.

Nah, missed the dog but hit a tree, should have just hit the dog haha. Nice car dude! I have always been a fan of the BRZ, looks classier than the 86 but I prefer the more agreasive look of the 86 overall. The BRZ is about 5k dearer then the top spec 86 over here when you add all the factory options to equal the specs. That and Subaru servicing is really expensive here in comparison to Toyota and after putting up with that for a few years I wont go back to Subaru haha.

Almost walked out of the dealership with a Scion FR-S this weekend. Same car as the Toyota you have?

Yeah the FR-S is the Stateside release, it is called the Toyota GT86 in Aus ane Europe and just the 86 in Japan. There are slight differences between them all in terms of trim, certain exterior styling elements and paint options but besides that they are pretty much all the same. What stopped you from pulling the trigger on one?

Yeah the FR-S is the Stateside release, it is called the Toyota GT86 in Aus ane Europe and just the 86 in Japan. There are slight differences between them all in terms of trim, certain exterior styling elements and paint options but besides that they are pretty much all the same. What stopped you from pulling the trigger on one?

Wedding in 5 months that still needs to be fully paid :lol:

Looking at the black model

http://s1129.photobucket.com/user/kguske2/media/Mobile%20Uploads/03766C9C-2C2C-46E0-A4E8-702AC0B5B89D.jpg.html'>03766C9C-2C2C-46E0-A4E8-702AC0B5B89D.jpg

Wedding in 5 months that still needs to be fully paid :lol:

Looking at the black model

Haha yeah, completely understand :D. That looks like the top spec one like mine (judging my the 17" wheels and the headlights with the LED running lamps) and it looks like it has an optioned body kit that isn't available over here. From what I can tell the visual differences (besides the lip) is that mine comes with the fog lights as standard and has clear side indicators on the quarters. I like the black colour, we don't see too many over here.

We get this kit as an option on the top spec model over here but the spoiler kills it for me.

http://gt86.com.au/wp-content/uploads/GTSAeroKit/GTS-Aero-Pack-1.jpg

Oh my on that spoiler. Just too much :lol:

Correct you are! I'll be revisiting it after the wedding because I definitely like it. I like the 18" black rims that can be added to the 2015 model so waiting may be perfect.

Archived