Coral Vue Hydros

RollaJase's 30G Custom Cube - Tank Torn Down

RollaJase

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait to see pictures of that monti! :)

The monti is still suffering a little with some algae growth from the sunburn. I'll get a pic up once it heals back a bit more, it's looking really good though :).

Hi all, hope you all had a fantastic and safe Easter with friends and family :). Here is what I got up to:

0vsa.jpg

jf5w.jpg

u198.jpg

nbom.jpg

gh0m.jpg

Dunes, dunes and more Dunes in the Coorong national park, not that you can drive on them but it still makes for some beautiful scenery.

As always when I go down the coast I try to pick up some prime real estate for my hermit crabs:

skpq.jpg

Thats beautiful man :)

I agree, I have never been down that part of the world before, we usually camp on the river, this is the first time we have all gone away and camped on the beach.

Looks like you had a wonderful day. Peaceful.

Very peaceful, I love sleeping with the sound of the waves rolling in. It was a great weekend away.

That looks AMAZING Jase!!!! What are the temps like there now? Those hermits homes are so pretty.

The pictures don't do it any justice believe me Gena. The picture looking down on the cars from above is really deceptive, I was standing on a dune about 50m (160ish feet) above the cars when I took that shot. My biggest mistake was not taking my DSLR away with me, my friends girlfriend brought hers though and we got some amazing shots, I post a few up when I get my hands on them. I'm not going to lie, it was pretty cold, especially on the beach. We are leading into Autumn now so the day temp never really exceeded 25c (about 77f), night temp dropped to about 8c (45f). Yeah I hope the hermits like their new digs, I have quite a few different shells in the tank for them but none of them have taken any for a few months now. I don't know if they aren't happy with them or if this particular species has just hit their max size.

Love the view! We use to do quite a bit of camping at Pismo dunes. You can drive on the beach and up in the dunes and camp wherever ...great time!

Love the view! We use to do quite a bit of camping at Pismo dunes. You can drive on the beach and up in the dunes and camp wherever ...great time!

Yeah I really want to go back to camp again. There are some places interstate where you can drive in the dunes but this national park is protected as it is Aboriginal land :(.

What a beautiful beach!

Yep, definitely one of the nicest ones I have been to down my end of Australia.

Sump update shots (from a few weeks ago). Got the filter sock chamber done, almost there now!

6vlo.jpg

:naughtydance: Nice sumpish progress!

Your Easter vaca looked epic! Hope all is well ova there buddy!

:naughtydance: Nice sumpish progress!

Your Easter vaca looked epic! Hope all is well ova there buddy!

I got even more sump progress done over the last weekend ;). Mainly stuff revolving around the stand and trying to cram as much gear in there as I can. I have been lazy and haven't taken any more pics of the tank but the SPS is doing great and my favorite chalice has gotten even bigger! Might have to frag it soon.

Easter vaca was fantastic, looks like you managed to get away as well :). Things are great over here besides some family issues, hope everything is going well with you also.

Just wanted to ask how you're liking the Nualgi. I got a free sample from them and I'm about to do my first dose tomorrow. I'm curious if you've seen much in terms of results.

Just wanted to ask how you're liking the Nualgi. I got a free sample from them and I'm about to do my first dose tomorrow. I'm curious if you've seen much in terms of results.

Hi Felicia, to be honest I haven't received my bottles of Nualgi yet. I was hoping it would arrive this week but with Easter and all that it hasn't come yet. Hopefully it will arrive next week. I really am wanting to give it a try so I'll definitely post my findings once I start using it.

Hi Felicia, to be honest I haven't received my bottles of Nualgi yet. I was hoping it would arrive this week but with Easter and all that it hasn't come yet. Hopefully it will arrive next week. I really am wanting to give it a try so I'll definitely post my findings once I start using it.

That's too bad that it hasn't shown up yet. I ended up signing up for their free trial where they send your a 3 month supply. I'm going to do my first dose today. I was just curious if anyone was having really good results with it. I have basically no nuisance algae, but I wanted to see if it would do any of the other things they claim.

That's too bad that it hasn't shown up yet. I ended up signing up for their free trial where they send your a 3 month supply. I'm going to do my first dose today. I was just curious if anyone was having really good results with it. I have basically no nuisance algae, but I wanted to see if it would do any of the other things they claim.

I wanted to originally do the free trial but it wouldn't let me process the order due to my location. I ended up getting two bottles for the price of one so I don't really mind the $30AUD or so I paid for the Nualgi shipped. One of the guys I work with has a 55G freshwater tank and is wanting to see how it goes on a FW build, I'll obviously be testing in on my reef tank when it arrives. I'm looking forward to seeing how it effects your tank Felicia.

Hi, I've been using Nualgi awhile. This week was my 7th week of the free trial. I had a little algae on the sand and a little on my LR, not enough to be a problem. Anyway what impresses me about Nualgi is the PE. Its insane on my LPS. My wellso brain like doubled its size and is in feeding mode longer. My tank never looked healthier. I am planning on buying it to continue.

Hi, I've been using Nualgi awhile. This week was my 7th week of the free trial. I had a little algae on the sand and a little on my LR, not enough to be a problem. Anyway what impresses me about Nualgi is the PE. Its insane on my LPS. My wellso brain like doubled its size and is in feeding mode longer. My tank never looked healthier. I am planning on buying it to continue.

Interesting. I read up on the Nualgi and considered it for my 8g tank. Decided against it for now though. The tank is still new and going through new tank syndrome. I'll be following how this product works for all of you guys though, for the possible future :).
Interesting. I read up on the Nualgi and considered it for my 8g tank. Decided against it for now though. The tank is still new and going through new tank syndrome. I'll be following how this product works for all of you guys though, for the possible future :).

Yes, I just checked out your Flower Box. Its beautiful and I like the new tank. I would be nervous too about trying a new product in a new tank. I was nervous trying it in my established tank. I am starting to relax now.

RollaJase

Dose 3 of Nualgi and I see lots of diatoms. I even put some in my pico.

I have been checking in on your thread from time to time Kat, to me it looks like it is doing what it is supposed to for you. I'm hoping it does the same for me.

your tank is pretty fantastic!

Thanks Giga, your are pretty awesome also :).

Very interesting, I'm glad to see that you are having good results, I'm wanting to try it even more now. I hope my order arrives this week :D.

It looks like a lot of people are having success with it Gena, perhaps its worth giving it a shot later on? I'll definitely be posting frequent updates when I start dosing.

Bout time I gave you all an update ey?

http://img842.imageshack.us/i/56qi.jpg/'>56qi.jpg

Traded a chunk of Xenia for these bad boys, they are amazing under actinics.

http://img836.imageshack.us/i/6esb.jpg/'>6esb.jpg

Purchased this one a few weeks ago, absolutely loving life and has inflated 2 times the size it was in the shop tank.

http://img843.imageshack.us/i/9dmem.jpg/'>9dmem.jpg

Epic monti time, still recovering but I love the colours. Anyone have a name for this one?

http://img843.imageshack.us/i/o697.jpg/'>o697.jpg

http://img841.imageshack.us/i/bqec.jpg/'>bqec.jpg

Last but not least, my two babies. My female clown got sick after the addition of the black juvenile and passed away in QT. I picked up the standard juvenile this weekend and they took to each other immediately, pretty much inseparable right now.

An FTS is due soon but the tank is dirty and the glass needs a good clean at sand level (you can see how bad it is in the zoa pic) so until I give the tank a good clean teh FTS will be on hold.

NorthGaHillbilly

9dmem.jpg

Epic monti time, still recovering but I love the colours. Anyone have a name for this one?

Dont know a name, but that thing is really awesome... drool

Archived