Gear

Bubble Magus NAC6 Protein Skimmer

Tunze ATO

Mp10

2 x AI Blue Sol

Hydor SELTZ L40 Return pump

Glass holes overflow box

20L DIY Sump

Started Nov of 2013, predomanintly sps with some zoanthids and lps.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indiana Reefin

Really nice setup. Looks like you are doing well with the AI Sols.

Is that a kalk stirer?

How's just one mp10 working for you? I am debating getting another one for my 40 breeder

Thank you. yeah the sols are great. I just took the kalk stirrer out of line and am not using it anymore and I haven't got around to taking it out of the stand. It wasn't doing much and I'm having much better luck dosing. I made the mistake of using api test kits and came really close to crashing this build but went out of town for two weeks and me being away saved the tank. I think one mp10 works good for me, I rarely turn it up past 60%. If I turn it up to high my ricordeas blow around. What part of indiana are you from? I'm in Fort wayne

Indiana Reefin

I'm from south bend.

I'm glad I didn't go with a kalk reactor. I am manually dosing.

I think I'm going to go with another mp10 eventually. My tank is primarily sps so the more flow the better.

You have a stocking list?

I'm from south bend. I'm glad I didn't go with a kalk reactor. I am manually dosing. I think I'm going to go with another mp10 eventually. My tank is primarily sps so the more flow the better. You have a stocking list?

The kalk stirrer worked great on my 29 but on this set up It didn't seem to do anything. I'll post a list of live stock soon, I need to sit down and update some new stuff. I might sell my ricordeas so I can boost the flow in my tank, I have one larger one that isn't attached to anything and blows around a lot.

Very nice!

Thanks a lot! I'm a fan of your tank as well, I've checked it out several times.

Looks awesome! I miss my 40!

Thank you, did you down or upgrade?

Very Cool! Are going to switch to balling? I just got all the gear for balling on my 40 yesterday.

Thanks, I've been looking around at auto dosers but have minimal knowledge about balling. I am certainly interested in automating everything but I need to get a better handle on the dosing needs for this tank. I picked up a red sea ca/alk/mag test kit and it has immediately fixed a lot of problems I had, I'll never go back to api. What did you spend on your balling set up?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very nice. Like the scape. How long has you been growing those sticks?

thank you buddy. i'd say about 6-9 month range. since i upgrade stuffs been growing faster. i love digitata they grow like weeds

in my tank

Awesome tank. I'm going to be running a similar setup.

thank you, cool 40 breeders are a great size, not too big, not too small. if you have any questions let me know.

lagunastudio

Growth shots - About 1 1/2 month growth period

1-15-2013 - Montipora digitata

digies-1-15_zps6f489196.jpg

2-26-2013

DIGIGARDEN_2-17_zpsb00571bb.jpg

1-15-2013 - Green Stylophora

GREENSTYLO_zpsc064bfcc.jpg

2-26-2013

GreenStylo_2-17_zps89c07056.jpg

Archived