ReefCleaners.org

PAR38 Fan Club

Julian_blnc

My AqEvo8 with Ledtric Par38 Plus full spectrum light w/ 120 lenses. I'm going to try locate a 36" gooseneck so I can have 10-14" off the lid instead of 7.5". The colors in the aquarium are not this blue but the camera doesn't, I don't know how to compensate. It's really starting to bring out the colors in my zoas.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting pics! If you shoot in RAW mode at all with your camera, you can change the White Balance in an image editing program such as GIMP, Photoshop, Aperature or Lightroom.

Yeah because you and LEDTRiC are the only people in the world that have done their research into LEDs and concluded that the best LED spectrum and look you can get from 12x 3W non-CREE LEDs in a cluster is Blue, White, TV, Red & Cyan/Turquoise :rolleyes:

I personally used and tried almost every Par38 fixture at that time (and several since), and worked with Mike C. @ Ledtric to put out the first "full-spec" Par38 fixture. I came up with the color combo(s) after much thought and deliberation, coupled with the experience of others (Milad @ LED Group Buy, blasterman, jedimasterben, and others), and some experimentation. In my experience, the closest thing to it was the 2nd generation 4-color RapidLED Par38 - still use it and the color combination (with the addition of Violet) is now in the Maxspect Razor that seems to be doing well.

What have you done?

All I hear is crickets.... <_<

Haters gonna hate I guess... :closedeyes:

• 1 year later...

I am so sorry. Am i right in understanding from your desription that Par38 is - link ??

And can i use it together with this - link?

Don't waste money on an ebay par38. Get something with good spectrum but yes it screws into the fixture.

• 2 months later...
thegoldenboymike

can anyone give me a suggestion of an affordable par38 to use for a 3.7 pico tank. Only trying to keep softies and some LPS maybe like a hammer or frogspawn

Spiderguardnano

can anyone give me a suggestion of an affordable par38 to use for a 3.7 pico tank. Only trying to keep softies and some LPS maybe like a hammer or frogspawn

What is affordable to you?

thegoldenboymike

What is affordable to you?

well affordable and what i want to spend are 2 diff things lol. I would be happy if i could get a good bulb + shipping under $100 but if i must spend more then i will. I have a 20G long which is my main tank and bought this pico as an impulse so I'm trying to keep it simple and relatively cheap.

Or it doesn't have to be a par38 just led lighting that will work

Spiderguardnano

well affordable and what i want to spend are 2 diff things lol. I would be happy if i could get a good bulb + shipping under $100 but if i must spend more then i will. I have a 20G long which is my main tank and bought this pico as an impulse so I'm trying to keep it simple and relatively cheap.

Or it doesn't have to be a par38 just led lighting that will work

http://coralcompulsion.com/coralcompulsion.com/led

Archived