Coral Vue Hydros

Mener77's 12g Nano

mener77

While, I knock down my 30g Breeder during the summer. i felt that i needed to take a break but i just could not stay away from the hobby. I had a Small Hang-on CPR refugium for sale and some nice guy (thank's Reefboy) afford to trade for a 12g JBJ Nano-Cube.

So now im BAAAAAACCCCCK

:haha:

I sold my livestock but kept all my equipment. The only thing i dont have is a light. I was thinking of using one of those Par38 Bulb for this new setup but i changed my mind. I remember how much i like the 70w viper on my old 14g BioCube, i decided to check ebay and see if i can get one for low price. Found on practically new for $65 shipped

FrontShot-1_zpsf38e937b.jpg

I built the aquascape outside the tank. i wanted to keep the live rock off the sand as much as possible, so i have the main center piece of live rock on a piece of PVC.

you can see the PVC in the pic, i thinking of glueing some small pieces of LR to cover it.

Filter_zps05c237e1.jpg

:rolleyes:

I made media trays for the first chamber to hold the filter pad and carbon.

the second chamber will be the refuge, need to get a nano-glo refug light.

the third chamber has the 75w heater, ato float switches, temp probe and mj1200 return pump.

I added the JBJ surface skimmer but i just need to glue it. i didnt know it does not attach to the tank, every time i turn off the pump the thing falls off.

the tank has been running for over month now, this week i pick up a blue damsel, one small blue legged hermit crab and two margarita snails.

the blue damsel is just tempory, would like to get some really nice pair of clown fish.

Waiting for my new ushio 70w 14k Bulb. It should be delivered tomorrowwww.

I got the tank with the stock stand but i will need to build a stand.

need more space for storage...ato water tank,mh ballest,etc..

trying to take it slow but very excited and glad to be back

:D

while a few updates

;)

FrontShott_zps94e95780.jpg

I installed the new Ushio 14k bulb and as you can see in the picture, it has a whiter color.

i'm looking for growth, so im fine with it but i'll get a 20k next time.

also pick up some frags

Zoas_zpsd8debe4e.jpg

Favia_zpsad714540.jpg

Lobo_zps39f323da.jpg

Bought them from a local reefer.

He had them under AI Sol and they looked incredible.

Got me thinking about getting AI Sol Nano, maybe even a AI Sol.

Just in case i upgrade.

;)

I have the Reefkeeper lite installed. so i decide to install the MLC w/ two blue pods

Just had to figure out how to mount them.

so i came up with this.

Frontonled_zps842acfd0.jpg

OnLed_zps42ddaf75.jpg

HLed_zpsd8179cc6.jpg

I'm happy how it came out.

I wish i would of angled it where the pods go. so it won't just shine straight down.

Still looking for a JBJ Nano-Glo for the refugium.

Archived