SaltCritters.com

20G High Addiction Tank

racerfreak

Hi, apparently I'm addicted to Aquariums... So PETCO had their $1 per gallon sale and I just had to see what they had. Well it turned out they had everything, even 40B left. I was just going to get a 10G but when I saw the 20G I just couldn't help myself. This is going to go in my bedroom so I'm going to just keep this tank basic like I have with my ADA 30C. This tank's main goal is quietness and softies, nothing fancy. Basically this is a budget tank :lol:

8353982333_f26d4a1ab9.jpg

The temptation to do the same is almost to the point of making me break! Sounds like it is going to be a great tank! I will be watching this one. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided to go DIY with lighting, I ordered a 4.8" x 12" heatsink and I'm still deciding on led color setup based on what I do with my BC29.

I still have no idea what I want to do for rock, I have 12lbs dry florida reef saver rock and about 20lbs fiji (including the rock in my 30C). I may just buy some more reef saver rock.

Here's the tank sitting on its shelf that will hold up to 640lbs a shelf :D The little LED light is just for aesthetics till I finish my DIY.

8398887884_d22e1b9d65.jpg

• Like 1

Nope it's exactly 1.25" of sand, just looks like a lot of sand. I love 20H too :D I'm planning on LED's and sproably just softies since I'm only going to have 10LED's.

I can't decide if I should go with 18x LED's (6xCW, 6xRB, 2xUV, 2xDR, 2XCY) @ $150 or 10x LED's (5xCW, 5xRB) @ $75. I know the color will probably be better on the 18LED fixture but the cost is double and I'm not sure I will need that much light.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived