inTank Media Baskets

14 Gallon biocube

Reeftech

I got my wife a 14 gallon biocube about a month ago.I have been doing all the work and she has been doing all the looking. :D .I have removed some of the rocks and added one but im still having a hair algae out break.i did manage to get the cyano under control.

The tank came with a large mushroom rock,large leather,frogspawn,2 condy nems,feather duster,peppermint shrimp,misc snails,hermits and an occy clown.Since then we have sold the mushrooms and leather and added a green chromis.

I have done mods like removing part of the separation between chambers 1 and 2,i removed the carbon filter and placed some filter floss on top of the bioball tray also changed the bulbs out for new ones.Today i installed the octopus graphic on the side.

Let us know what you think.

imag0458xx.jpg

Octopus mod

imag0453xo.jpg

For where?Look at the second pic i got most of it off as i do have a scraper.And the side with the octopus is kind of against the wall so im not too worried about the viewing over there.I spent over an hour scraping the glass when we first got it.Also the stuff on the back isnt budging.

I used a stainless steel razor blade to remove the coraline off the glass because it was tearing up the plastic scraper.Look at my 20 long thread and you will see how clear i like to keep my viewing panels.This just just happens to be one that was neglected by the previous owner due to having back surgery and not being able to take care of it properly.

• 4 weeks later...

A little progress has been made but the battle still isnt over.The rock scape is temporary just letting it settle from all the cleaning today.I will probably end up removing the big rock in the front.Im going to try to get new sand and a line loc y fitting this weekend.

imag0558r.jpg

imag0561cc.jpg

Saw the peppermint shrimp snatch the feather duster out of its tube today.I put it back in not thinking about the cool pic it would have made lol.The peppermint was dragging back behind the rocks so i had to act kind of fast.Also the larger clown was pulling on it too.

Its been through a rough few days lately because the frogspawn stung it and melted some of the feather tips.

livecreatures

That's a mocha oscellaris and a normal oscellaris clownfish! I have a mocha myself ^-^ It's a hybrid between a black oscellaris and an original one.

Have you thought about putting the heater (I have the same one :)) in the back chamber 1? 2 cents.

Looks good though. Great octopus sticker. Did you hand make/cut it? W-

Yeah im going to put the heater in chamber 1 i just need to cut a notch for the cord.Probably will do it when i change out the sand and rock.

Thanks for the compliments and the sticker was cut by a machine.

Very nice tank!Good jo on the video.

I dont think this one will ever look that nice,since i maintain her tank and my tank so i concentrate more on my tank.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived