SaltCritters.com

botom line what is the best reef salt.

ecajoe

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always used instant and at the store I worked at we did reef crystals both where good wondering about some of the newer ones my buddy gave me some oceanic when I started my system. Yuuuck

The one that you're willing to pay for. But I used to use red sea coral pro. :)

. Dam sellin your self for salt LOL. S#!% just got real haha
. May go to it do like you can buy in a 200g box

You can get a 5g bucket from petsmart for about $45 if it's still on sale. I recently made the switch from rscp and am happy with the results.

You can get a 5g bucket from petsmart for about $45 if it's still on sale. I recently made the switch from rscp and am happy with the results.

nice I seen the box does 50 gall more for a couple$ more some places same price

Bottom line: There is no easy answer. There are plenty of decent salt mixes out there.

well good to me is salt that mixes up to have good parameters like I said I'm using oceanic I got for free the numbers are wack

I like ESVs Seawater System. I don't have a good place to let water sit and fully dissolve and it is the only mix I know that is ready to use in an hour.

well good to me is salt that mixes up to have good parameters like I said I'm using oceanic I got for free the numbers are wack

Agreed. I had problems with Oceanic as well. The switch to IO really helped! W-

I always used instant and at the store I worked at we did reef crystals both where good wondering about some of the newer ones my buddy gave me some oceanic when I started my system. Yuuuck

I mixed up some Oceanic Natural Salt a couple of days ago. Here are the parameters I was able to test:

SG = 1.025 at 77.6F

pH = 8.0

Alk = 9.9 dKH

Mag = 1365ppm

Calcium = 535ppm

And since I have a whole jug of this still, could you please elaborate on why this brand is "yuck"? :)

I mixed up some Oceanic Natural Salt a couple of days ago. Here are the parameters I was able to test:

SG = 1.025 at 77.6F

pH = 8.0

Alk = 9.9 dKH

Mag = 1365ppm

Calcium = 535ppm

And since I have a whole jug of this still, could you please elaborate on why this brand is "yuck"? :)

Found it difficult to dissolve fully. IO dissolves better/quicker. IMO. W- :)

Well if yours is mixing good your in good shape I've been looking around online and found there salt to be very spotty I brought my ffresh mix to the store and all the readings where low right out of the bucket had some hair algea and couldn't grow coraline so I let the store test it since its free and they got real nice test kits

Archived