inTank Media Baskets

My Aqueon Evolve 4 Reef (Pic Heavy) NEW SCAPE!

new-b-reefer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks really good! I just ordered a par38 light from rapid led and got the fixture hung for it here's the specs on the light:

New updated version of our PAR bulb with CREE XP-E LEDs (except the UV's)! Still no soldering required, the bulb screws directly into existing light sockets.

• Comes with 6 Royal Blue, 2 Neutral White, and 2 Cool White XP-E LEDs plus 2 UV LEDs!
  • Available with 60 or 80 degree lenses
  • Color temperature is roughly 17K to 20K
  • Only uses 19W
  • Dimmable via Triac (can be used without dimming as well, just screw into regular light bulb socket)
  • Fits standard E26/E27 light sockets
  • Universal voltage (110-240V)

Pretty excited to see what it does. here's a pic of the tank now with current lighting i'll post again to show you the new one.

image 2

• 2 weeks later...
looks really good! I just ordered a par38 light from rapid led and got the fixture hung for it here's the specs on the light:

New updated version of our PAR bulb with CREE XP-E LEDs (except the UV's)! Still no soldering required, the bulb screws directly into existing light sockets.

• Comes with 6 Royal Blue, 2 Neutral White, and 2 Cool White XP-E LEDs plus 2 UV LEDs!
  • Available with 60 or 80 degree lenses
  • Color temperature is roughly 17K to 20K
  • Only uses 19W
  • Dimmable via Triac (can be used without dimming as well, just screw into regular light bulb socket)
  • Fits standard E26/E27 light sockets
  • Universal voltage (110-240V)

Pretty excited to see what it does. here's a pic of the tank now with current lighting i'll post again to show you the new one.

Tank looks good. Is the existing lighting the stock lighting?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
new-b-reefer

Just checking in. Things are still going strong. Fish is bright purple and happy. Corals doing well. Things are happy in the little reef :)

• 1 month later...
new-b-reefer

Ok, a lot of changes made. I decided I wanted to move all the xenia out to my 55 gallon reef which is now turning into my xenia forest, and swap in some rock from the 55 along with some frags. I wanted to go with a more colorful zoa based reef with a more simplistic scape. Once I tore into it though, I found the xenia had split and mutiplied onto every rock in the pico, so I took all the rocks out, swapped in a rock from the 55 that had only 2 shrooms on it, and moved some of my smaller frags from the 55 into the pico. I have a couple shrooms, some zoas, a kenya tree, the candy cane colony, and still have those 2 muscles on that little rock. Really digging the new scape. Cant wait to add some more zoas.

Enough talk, you want pics ;)

20130615_171452_zpsbe9bc4e0.jpg20130615_171447_zpsaf7f328c.jpg20130615_171443_zps91822839.jpg20130615_171436_zps49cae7d6.jpg20130615_171428_zpsdc706dc4.jpg20130615_171418_zpsfd12da00.jpg20130615_171412_zps493f7886.jpg20130615_171406_zpsbea93390.jpg20130615_171401_zps3150abb3.jpg20130615_171352_zps8fe6c290.jpg

What a change! It opened it up completely. If you didn't know it was a 4 at first glance you'd think it was the Evo 8. Yeah, hard not to resist buying more corals. totally agree.

new-b-reefer
What a change! It opened it up completely. If you didn't know it was a 4 at first glance you'd think it was the Evo 8. Yeah, hard not to resist buying more corals. totally agree.

Right. I cant remember the last time I bought a new frag. Been probably a year and a half. I usually just grow some and frag them from my 55. Move them around. But wanted to start somewhat fresh. Still have my purple pseudo although when I was pulling out rock, he went carpet surfing lol. I got him back in the tank in seconds though so he is good and feisty as ever. Cant wait to start seeing these little zoas fill in and add some more.

That's giant anthelia, I believe, not xenia. Some pom pom xenia would look really good in there, but would take over just like the anthelia did. Look into pink and blue anthelia as well. They are both smaller than the giant and very colorful. Looking forward to more pics! ;)

Right. I cant remember the last time I bought a new frag. Been probably a year and a half. I usually just grow some and frag them from my 55. Move them around. But wanted to start somewhat fresh. Still have my purple pseudo although when I was pulling out rock, he went carpet surfing lol. I got him back in the tank in seconds though so he is good and feisty as ever. Cant wait to start seeing these little zoas fill in and add some more.

Wait a sec, where is your thread for the 55?

new-b-reefer

That's giant anthelia, I believe, not xenia. Some pom pom xenia would look really good in there, but would take over just like the anthelia did. Look into pink and blue anthelia as well. They are both smaller than the giant and very colorful. Looking forward to more pics! ;)

Wait a sec, where is your thread for the 55?

Hm, sounds like an idea for my 55. As far as the thread for the 55, I honestly dont have one cause I have a blue tang and a scopas along with some other fish and I really have no desire to here what the tang police may have to say. I have kept that tank out of this forum. Maybe I will atleast post one full tank shot.

• 3 weeks later...
new-b-reefer
Good looking tank! Did you keep the stock pump? Any mods other than the light? Thanks.

Thanks

Only mod is the light :) stock pump, flow turn all the way up, stock filter with heater and chemipure added in pump chamber.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lol, honestly im not sure. I just do water changes to replenish trace elements. I havent ever tested lol. I started that trumpet with only 4 heads on it way way back when I had my nano cube, split it up amoung my tanks since it was larger than what you see now, and that piece just keeps doing so well in this tank. Keeps growing. Maybe I should test one day but I am assuming since its been doing so well and growing and extending, must be doing something right haha :)

• 2 weeks later...

My coral banded shrimp had its forst molt in my tank last night. Things seem to be going pretty well with him. My original concern was that my purple pseudo would wanna kill him. When I put the cbs in, the pseudo went to charge at him and the cbs threw his claws open as wide as they would go and then backed him into a corner as if to say "bring it biznatch" lol. They have been buddies ever since lol.

My advice to anyone who has an aggresive little fish in their pico bu wants a reef safe shrimp that will hold its own... get a coral banded shrimp.

Archived