Coral Vue Hydros

Supremeevo's 3 Gallon ZOAAAA Picotope!

supremeEVOx

I just started this tank a week or so ago. It's my second tank, and I'm really excited for it. It's going to be primarily zoas, palys, and acans. I already have some frags from my old tank, and am working on getting some more. I've named it pride rock due to the fact that it reminds me of the rock from the lion king lol

Tank that I got inspiration from: Jgpicodope's jbj pico, kickass tank!

Equipment

• 3 Gallon JBJ Picotope
  • 20K Par 38 Bulb from LEDTRiC
  • Aquaclear 20 running Chemipure Elite

​Soon to be Equipment

• Aquaclear 70 with fuge mod and surface skimmer. (In the mail right now, 29.99, what a steal!)
  • 25w Hydor Theo Heater
  • Moonpop moonlight attachment, also from LEDTRiC
  • Hydor Pico Evo Mag Powerhead with a loc line mod.

​Livestock

• Various Zoas and Palys
  • Yasha Haze Goby (Being ordered soon)
  • Cleaner Shrimp

V5OcY.jpg

FTS From when I first started.

4RnfS.jpg

From the side.

n4CPt.jpg

Blue Kiss Zoa

A5ZhK.jpg

Everlasting Gobstopper Paly

GqfC2.jpg

El Diablo Paly

S2VnP.jpg

Rasta Zoas and Radioactive Dragon Eyes

There are some others in the tank, (pinks, frostbites, some orange and green ones), but these are the main ones for now.

I have some awesome frags that I'll be getting in the near future and will be sure to update this thread.

Suggestions or advice anyone?

A few questions: Are there any major advantages to getting a reefkeeper for this system?

What's a good heater that I could fit in the ac70?

What are some must have zoas/palys that I should get?

Does my stocking list look ok?

Thanks for checking out my thread!

looking like a really good start. :D

Thanks man! I came home to a dirty looking tank today though.. Did a gallon WC, and that cleared things up a bit. The ac70 can't get here soon enough lol When I head back up to school, I'm picking up some space monster palys which are going to be my nicest piece of coral ever haha I'm excited for this tank though!

Great start, I love that el diablo! How are you liking the look of the PAR38? I have a suggestion though, find a different lamp housing for your PAR38 or remove the hood. This will keep you from blocking the heat sink and allow for proper cooling of your LEDs.

Are there any major advantages to getting a reefkeeper for this system?

You could be able to simultaneously time control your PAR38 and moonlights. It would also add some redundancy to your heater (just incase your heater gets stuck on full power for some reason, your reefkeeper would know to turn it off).

What's a good heater that I could fit in the ac70?

I think the Rena 50w and Hydor Theo 50w will both fit. Here is a picture of someone with their Hydor Theo installed in their ac70.

What are some must have zoas/palys that I should get?

check out "Fruit Loops", "Nuclear Greens", and "Sunny Ds" :D

Does my stocking list look ok?

Some people might say that the tank is too small for a Yasha Goby, but I think everything looks good!

Great start, I love that el diablo! How are you liking the look of the PAR38? I have a suggestion though, find a different lamp housing for your PAR38 or remove the hood. This will keep you from blocking the heat sink and allow for proper cooling of your LEDs.

You could be able to simultaneously time control your PAR38 and moonlights. It would also add some redundancy to your heater (just incase your heater gets stuck on full power for some reason, your reefkeeper would know to turn it off).

I think the Rena 50w and Hydor Theo 50w will both fit. Here is a picture of someone with their Hydor Theo installed in their ac70.

check out "Fruit Loops", "Nuclear Greens", and "Sunny Ds" :D

Some people might say that the tank is too small for a Yasha Goby, but I think everything looks good!

I love the look this Par38 gives me! Great pop to the colors of my corals! I'm working on finding a better housing for my bulb though already. Just a temporary solution. Surprisingly my leds don't give off too much heat though, so it's not my number 1 priority. I'm on the lookout for some sunny d's and fruit loops too! Just gotta find them somewhere local haha not worth the shipping. I'm hoping the yasha won't be too big. I think it should be fine, especially while it's small. Here's to hoping I guess lol Thanks for the advice!

So i was just at the lfs and they have a tiny <1" target mandarin and im incredibly tempted to get him. He is taking frozen mysis and has been there for a couple of weeks. He looks healthy to me. Would he do well in my tank for the foreseeable future? Should be easily fed in my tank.

Updated FTS
kmsuX.jpg
I added a custom surface skimmer mod to the ac70 with pvc pipes. It now intakes from the surface and the water column.
ZgX43.jpg
I added the stock led light from my evolve 8. I'm using it as a moonlight for now, until I can find a better alternative.
Haven't added any corals since the last update, but once I move back to San Marcos, I'll get right on that!

Didn't get it, thought it over and it would have been a bad decision.

Smart move...

How do you like the surface skim mod ac 70? Does it work well even at various surface water heights/levels?

love the group of zoas u have in the last pic!!

Yeah those rastas kick ass!

o89Ti.jpg

Found this snail in the bucket of dry sand that was given to me to start up the tank, Threw him in the tank, and he made it through the cycle! He's doing well and he's gonna have some new friends pretty soon, I need to get a CUC going in this tank, what would you suggest?

Everybody has there own opinion of cuc members. For your tank I would get 2 or 3 nassarius, 2 astreas, and a couple hermits (maybe one scarlet and one blue leg). Just let em do there thing and if you need more no big deal to add another snail or whatever. Just try to get small ones. Like those picotopes!

Nice, check out nightmares and hornets, especially the red ones.

Nightmares are sick! I have some red hornets on the way soon!

Everybody has there own opinion of cuc members. For your tank I would get 2 or 3 nassarius, 2 astreas, and a couple hermits (maybe one scarlet and one blue leg). Just let em do there thing and if you need more no big deal to add another snail or whatever. Just try to get small ones. Like those picotopes!

Yeah, I had problems with my hermits in the past haha. They liked to steal my frags lol I'll get on it though. Soon hopefully!

Added my CUC. I still need a couple more snails, but progress is being made. I also moved the tank back up to my dorm, and everything went great! Everything has opened back up and is looking good.

Archived