SaltCritters.com

JBJ rL 8

William

Hi William-

Possibly. We have on planned for the 30 gallon rimless as they are becoming more popular. I am still keeping an eye on how popular the 8 gallon becomes. If we do, it will not be until sometime next year as there are a few products in front of the RL in the design queue.

• 4 weeks later...

Humm... Two boxes showed up today. One very large one and one medium sized one. It looks like there are packing peanuts around another box that is inside each......

20130109_112256_zps0e64d85e.jpg

Interesting, so because it's rimless you can house THAT many tangs in this aquarium?

20130109_115153_zps5fb1df85.jpg

As expected the Nano Cube 28 media basket fits and everything lines up! now there is no intake channel on this aquarium which is interesting. I need to put water in the tank and see how the flow work and if it shoots out into the basket.

Overall a 4 sided basket is not needed but still helpful for removal. The basket could be a little more deep. Will be back to report if I feel a new version and part number is needed. but if you don't want to wait, the NC28 basket will function in the JBJ Rimless 8.

20130109_120207_zps8aa50992.jpg

20130109_120220_zps6fbc601d.jpg

1. Aquapod 12
  2. Aquapod 24
  3. Solana 34
  4. Biocube 8
  5. Biocube 14 (oceanic)
  6. Biocube 14 (coralife)
  7. Biocube 29 (oceanic)
  8. Biocube 29 (coralife)
  9. Nano Cube 12
  10. Nano Cube 24
  11. Nano Cube 28
  12. Red Sea Max 130
  13. Red Sea Max 250
  14. Innovative Marine 8
  15. Innovative Marine 16
  16. Innovative Marine 24
  17. Innovative Marine 30
  18. JBJ Rimless 8
  19. JBJ Rimless 30

AquaClear 20

AquaClear 30

AquaClear 70

AquaClear 110

(multipules of most)

Looks like we currently have 19 AIOs, WOW!

Updated 5-16-2013

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see one available for the RL8. I don't think the NC28 will work for me as I have a JBJ Unibody on the back glass. The picture above shows that there will not be enough room to mount it on the tank like you can with the stock media basket.

• Like 1

We'll post an update when they are on the production schedule but right now we are moving down the line of production, new development, and it is the busy season. There won't be a lead time with this or any new design but we are working on it. We have the RL8 and RL30 in the shop.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see one available for the RL8. I don't think the NC28 will work for me as I have a JBJ Unibody on the back glass. The picture above shows that there will not be enough room to mount it on the tank like you can with the stock media basket.

The NC28 basket is 2-3/8" deep. The Unibody mount on the tank side seems to be 1/4" thick. So will they both fit? I don't have the RL8 handy right now. Total needed is 2-5/8". Their site says it is 3.5" Deep.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

will you be making a media tower for this tank?

The media baskets are ready for the RL8 !!!!

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Rimless-Nano-Cube-8-Media-Basket-RL8MR.htm

Front%20White%285%29.jpg

• 2 months later...

Maybe there are more generations of unibody light fixtures but I can say that my tank side of the mount is a lot more than 1/4". It's more like 3/4 to 7/8" thick. I just ordered one of these media baskets. Am I going to have a problem?

Maybe there are more generations of unibody light fixtures but I can say that my tank side of the mount is a lot more than 1/4". It's more like 3/4 to 7/8" thick. I just ordered one of these media baskets. Am I going to have a problem?

Just mount it over the media basket's rear wall if you want to keep the gooseneck mount. You can access filter floss and will have to slide the light over a few times a rear to replace the media.

Archived