• Refugium and Skimmer only
    • Refugium and C/GFO only
    • Carbon and/or GFO only
    • C/GFO Skimmer and Refugium
    • Skimmer only

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had a fuge. I honestly hated it. Removed it, added the biggest skimmer I go fit in where the fuge use to be, a Reef Octopus Nwb150(and it was free) and started carbon dosing. And honestly, removing the fuge was the best decision I've made.

Should add carbon dosing/bio pellets and skimmer to the list.

I agree removed my fuge also . I run bio pellets and the biggest skimmer that would fit in my sump , I feed heavy and don't have any problems .
  • 4 months later...
And Zeo.

Im done with refugiums.

Its just one big poop catching toilet. Cleaned out today, mess.

No more as "so-called" filtration. Maybe a display version, buy it will be tied to real filtration, itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I run a fuge with a little live rock, a feather duster, and 2 small macros that do not grow not sure why, dr. tims pearls, filter floss, and sca 302 skimmer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I ran one for almost a year. Removed it a few weeks ago after my reactor got up and running. My water seems much nicer and I can do a week without having to clean the glass. With the skimmer and no reactor I was cleaning every two days.

• 4 weeks later...

I used a refugium only for filtration on the tank linked in my sig. It's what I prefer, personally. I have no problems using carbon in HOB as well.

• 1 month later...

I run a skimmer + refugium (caulerpa) + bag of carbon.

But the skimmer is rated for half of my tank size.

Used to have filter socks, but have taken them off since I'm too lazy to clean haha.

Archived