inTank Media Baskets

Y u no make mp10 shield?!

Adam_T

What the title says.... People make them here and there, but they are the same ol fly by night "business" that has horrible communication and 6 month turn around time. Hmm...

Im not sure who you are talking about, but I know Badfish Reef systems was working on one. Dont know if its ready yet. I have bought other things from them and found the quality and customer service to be excellent. He even modded something for me for free.

Im not sure who you are talking about, but I know Badfish Reef systems was working on one. Dont know if its ready yet. I have bought other things from them and found the quality and customer service to be excellent. He even modded something for me for free.

+1, badfish has it on his website as under development.

Put them in production Stevie FTW

Will have to take a look into this soon then. I usually don't copy anything but looks like the respect isn't a two way steet.

TeflonTomDosh
Will have to take a look into this soon then. I usually don't copy anything but looks like the respect isn't a two way steet.

tldr brb making eggcrate basket

Please god make an MP10 shield. If you do, I'm taking full credit for sparking that idea in your noggin. I bet you would sell 50+ in the first week. The only people who try to make these are the ones that do it for a "Side business" aka take people's money and give them a product in 6 months. Lame!

I have full confidence in you!

You should make one Stevie. Competition is good for the hobby. And if you can get one out soon I'm sure they would sell like crazy.

How much we're they retailing for in the past?

$30-$40 is what I've seen them going for.

;)

haha. I wish. I think $20-$30 shipped is a more realistic price IMO. This hobby is way too expensive as it is.

haha. I wish. I think $20-$30 shipped is a more realistic price IMO. This hobby is way too expensive as it is without putting the good guys out of business.

FTFY.

;)

haha. I wish. I think $20-$30 shipped is a more realistic price IMO. This hobby is way too expensive as it is.

If Stevie can produce them for 20-30 shipped, I want to be first in line to buy.

FTFY.

;)

Not even close.

If Stevie can produce them for 20-30 shipped, I want to be first in line to buy.

On something like this $30 should be easy to obtain. Considering they have been made buy quite a few people the R&D isn't very extensive. Few google searches and a few hours of tweaking and I'm sure Stevie can make it happen quite easily with his resources. There isn't alot of wiggle room for the design so they are all going to be extremely similar.

Thanks for the input, very helpful. We do not currently use magnets as a build material but it seems their cost keeps going up, acrylic has also increased about 25% in the past 3 years. We will take a look at how much cost of production is and go from there. These are pretty small so shouldn't be a big deal.

Thanks for the input, very helpful. We do not currently use magnets as a build material but it seems their cost keeps going up, acrylic has also increased about 25% in the past 3 years. We will take a look at how much cost of production is and go from there. These are pretty small so shouldn't be a big deal.

Magnets aren't necessary. The first design was a bent piece of acrylic over the top of the tank. Maybe use the little screws that most clamps use to push against the glass? That way it would be useful on a wide range of tanks. Only issue with an over the glass mount is it would really only work on rimless.

Hey Stevie, some input if you will accept it...

Maybe there can be a "nano shield", which is held in place by the vortech itself, and the small tab of acrylic could be used in stead of the rubber spacer.

Hey Stevie, some input if you will accept it...

Maybe there can be a "nano shield", which is held in place by the vortech itself, and the small tab of acrylic could be used in stead of the rubber spacer.

Yup. I had the same thought. BUT would the acrylic potentially slide around? The rubber spacer gets a good grip on the glass.

I have 2 that I bought and they don't work like I thought they would for my application. Someone wants them shoot me a pm. $40 shipped each, it's what I paid.

Yup. I had the same thought. BUT would the acrylic potentially slide around? The rubber spacer gets a good grip on the glass.

you could inset an o-ring in the acrylic on the glass side to give the grip you would want. or even a couple rubber feet/pads to grip the glass.

Kevin

you could inset an o-ring in the acrylic on the glass side to give the grip you would want.

Great idea.

See Stevie. R&D is done. Now start building! :D

Archived