inTank Media Baskets

Maxspect Razor Owners thread

Daveg99

I'll have some sps soon, can't wait to see how they do!! Waited for tank to mature a little bit before I added sps.

Hey man, what bulbs do you run on your Hybrid? Im thinking 1 blue plus and 1 coral plus, but im on the fence. Looking to also grow some SPS :P

• Like 1
Nanofreak79

I'm using blue+ on both. I control the whit color that way with my razor. I like a bluer tank, but these don't overpower the LEDs. Blue+ has lots of par, I'm not sure how much the coral+ throws out? I might try a different combo but right now everything is happy and sps look good. I just got another few pieces of sps, great polyp extension. I might do a blue+ and purple or coral or actinic? Don't really want to buy all those extra bulbs just to test things out, so I'll probably stick to what's working : )

• Like 1

I'm using blue+ on both. I control the whit color that way with my razor. I like a bluer tank, but these don't overpower the LEDs. Blue+ has lots of par, I'm not sure how much the coral+ throws out? I might try a different combo but right now everything is happy and sps look good. I just got another few pieces of sps, great polyp extension. I might do a blue+ and purple or coral or actinic? Don't really want to buy all those extra bulbs just to test things out, so I'll probably stick to what's working : )

Gotta keep Zia's SPS pack happy right :D

• Like 1
Nanofreak79

Yep! Might dial down the whites that I just raised a little before I bought the pack. My Zoas are stretching at the bottom. I'll just keep an eye on the few pieces that aren't fully colored up. The blue digi he gave me is furthest up and has full polyp extension along with great color. Sometimes things just need to settle in. I also haven't hooked up my doser yet.

Hi guys, I've got a few issues with my razor programming, if anyone can let me know where I have gone wrong that would be great

Current settings, not perfect.

Automatic

Tp1 1230 a5 b5

Tp2 1500 a 15 b 15

Tp3 1700 a 25 b 20

Tp4 1900 a 30b 26

Tp5 2130 a 1 b 4

Tp6 2200 a0 b0

The light turns off as expected at 2200 (10pm) but when I go into the area the tank is located at 6 am the light is already starting to turn on... Wtf

Any ideS.

Ok think ive managed to work it out, does tp1 need to be A0:B0 ?

tp1 can be 1:1 and it will turn on at that time. Anything above 1:1 will turn on well before the time as it tries to smooth the light curve between 6 and 1.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, new to the board. Just purchased a razor nano for my 29 biocube, and it's great so far!

I had to get rid of all my surface agitation, the shimmering was driving me crazy.

Prior, I was running an Ecoxotic system (Panorama Pro 8k white /w reflector, Panorama Pro Magenta/Blue /w reflector, 8k white stunner, 453nm blue stunner, UV stunner, LED programmable controller, )

I have to say I like this unit alot, I wish it fit a bit better on the biocube, it feels a tad flimsy on the stand where I had to mount it. I purchased the ceiling mount kit, hasn't arrived yet, not too sure I'm going to do it though - the wife isn't crazy about the idea of the wires hanging down to hang the razor.

I have the max output at 75/75 after all the ramping up, etc - it's a tad brighter than my previous Ecoxotic setup at that output.

I'm adding an Aquamaxx HOB-1 this afternoon when UPS gets here, than I'm good to go... for a while at least :)

post-89305-0-13013400-1443803902_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

30" depth, that's pretty deep for the razor and 90* reflectors. I'd have to imagine you'd get under 20-50 par. You almost need something with 60* optics, JMO.

At 100%

Could the 120 version cover a 24x24x30 tank? SPS at the top with lower light stuff as you dive??

I say yes. My Razors had plenty of penetration in my 150 which is deep, though not quite that deep. I put all the SPS up on a shelf to minimize the distance. it's tough to say with just 2 pucks but 3 pucks would be too wide.

I really like my razor 160w over my 34 gallon solana. I think it's about time to turn it up past the 50% mark since it's been over the tank for over a month now. Any suggestions on what my max percentage should be for a 20x20x20 cube, light is about 8 inches off the top of the tank.

Guys,

I have the Maxspect 300w Razor version running currently. Does the fan annoy anyone of you? It comes on and off from the power supply unit when the temp goes up. I'm wondering if there are quieter fans out there so I could replace the one inside the power unit. Please let me know.

I really like my razor 160w over my 34 gallon solana. I think it's about time to turn it up past the 50% mark since it's been over the tank for over a month now. Any suggestions on what my max percentage should be for a 20x20x20 cube, light is about 8 inches off the top of the tank.

Blues could probably be run up to 60% and whites 5%. See how your corals react over a few weeks and go up another 5%. Be careful with the white channel IME, as it seems more powerful. Slow and steady, because once you bleach sps or lps etc. , you pay the price by waiting months for them to repair themselves. 6-8" is a good height and if you want to try the 120* reflectors, those are better IMO than the stock ones.....oust an added idea for you

Guys,

I have the Maxspect 300w Razor version running currently. Does the fan annoy anyone of you? It comes on and off from the power supply unit when the temp goes up. I'm wondering if there are quieter fans out there so I could replace the one inside the power unit. Please let me know.

I don't have the 300 watt unit but have had and do have the maxspect razor, from years ago at its release to a newer.160 watt I've been using now for awhile. I never even heard my fans, let alone have them come on. Is yours in a canopy. I would get a ticket set up on coralvue so website stating your problem and see what they say.

I never hear the fan at all and I've ran it since July of 2013 . One thing I will say over time it seems like the blues at 100% seem more teal now. I finally have switched out the middle 90 lens for the 120 and I have better spread now.

jedimasterben

Guys,

Can you take a photo of the power supply that it comes with? I know that the smaller models come with a modified Meanwell CLG, but those only go to ~300w, so it would be without any headroom to use it on the 300w model.

I have had my Razor 160W for about 2 weeks now and noticed a blue LED in the center puck was not lit.

I e-mailed customer service this morning and gave them all of the info and attached a pic.

Within' 2 hours a new pad was sent (UPS tracking # included)

This is what you call great product and great customer service.

Thanks Coralvue!

• Like 1

Has anyone got any long term results? that could maybe share the fixture height and photo period settings?

Come on now, that makes no sense. What size is your tank, what model Razor, how old is the tank, what corals?

Overall the best plan is to start almost exclusively blue with maybe 5% white at most. Keep the ramp under 12 hours with 6 to 8 hours of max light, and then increase if the corals do well but you desire a whiter look. LED's are hard as hell to tune, I have learned to HATE LED, but when the tank and corals are acclimated slowly and correctly the results can be very very good, just go slow.

• Like 2