inTank Media Baskets

Maxspect Razor Owners thread

Daveg99

I just set up a 27" 160watt 16k razor over my 32"x24"x14" tank. I used to have an ATI 6x24 sunpower that I was perfectly happy with but I just wanted to try LED and after seeing the razor at macna I knew Id eventually have one. The fixture is the best looking fixture available IMO. Its late and the tank is dark but Ill get some pictures up soon. I did play with the lights and this thing is BRIGHT when turned up 100%!

My settings are

9am A 0 B 0

12:30pm A 5 B 45

4pm A 40 B 60

6pm A 65 B 80

9pm A 25 B 70

11:30pm A 0 B 0

Edited by Daveg99
  • Like 1

Great idea to start this thread! My 27" 16k Razor will be delivered 12.05. Can't wait! Is it Current USA hanging kit? This is what I've ordered for my Razor.

My settings are

9am A 0 B 0

12:30pm A 5 B 45

4pm A 40 B 60

6pm A 65 B 80

9pm A 25 B 70

11:30pm A 0 B 0

I'm just curious. Your sunrise is between 9am and 12:30pm and sunset between 9pm and 11:30pm? I don't know how it works with Razor so this is just my assumption.

Edited by nystang

The blues come on at 9am but they are at a very low setting. I have it set to be bright from 4-8 and then start going back to blue. Ill probably change some things up though. Its going to take some testing

I have a 120 16K on order. Question, are the suspension mounts on the razor adjustable? What I mean is can I slide them down to allow mounting a narrower lamp tree? I think I just made up the word narrower :D

I don't have one, but I'm glad you started this thread, I'll am going to keep an eye on this.

Same. Those lights are so sexy looking. I hate bulky lights. Reef Breeders just introduced their new LED light. While it looks like it will perform it is UGLY. Bulky and fat. Not something I would ever hang over my tank.

Heres my tank. You can just make out the 27" maxspect at the top of the pic. I'm pretty sure i took this pic at about 50% brightness on both the blues and whites.

DSC00077.jpg

I love this fixture. It is nearly endlessly adjustable light wise, it looks great, and is really easy to program.

For those who haven't received yours yet my surprise was the gigantic power box that powers this light, I'm not near my tank now so i don't know the exact dimensions, but it must be a foot long X 6" wide X 4" tall, so if you are trying to keep a clean looking tank area make sure you have some room in your tank stand.

I would definitely recommend this fixture to anyone looking for a sleek looking light that covers a large area, and doesn't want to go the DIY way.

For those who haven't received yours yet my surprise was the gigantic power box that powers this light, I'm not near my tank now so i don't know the exact dimensions, but it must be a foot long X 6" wide X 4" tall, so if you are trying to keep a clean looking tank area make sure you have some room in your tank stand.

I was gonna ask about that. That is the reason I won't buy a Radion.

• Like 1
I have a 120 16K on order. Question, are the suspension mounts on the razor adjustable? What I mean is can I slide them down to allow mounting a narrower lamp tree? I think I just made up the word narrower :D

If you are talking about where the wires attach to the fixture then the answer is no. There is a specific spot where they attach.

If you are talking about where the wires attach to the fixture then the answer is no. There is a specific spot where they attach.

Thanks, can you possibly measure how far apart they are? I'm guessing around 19" or so.

I got my Razor 160W 16K today. I spent the whole day on custom fitting Current USA hanging kit and finally I attached the Razor. My fish were already so stressed with the light changing that I decided to stop. So far - FANTASTIC !!!. I put it on Manual mode 30% A and 50% B. Apex will turn it off at 8pm and I will play with the programming tomorrow. I will post some pics once I'm satisfied. With just this setting, the colors look great.

120w 16k over a 20Long. I made a mounting bracket from some simple aluminum U channel cantilevered through the wall. Very sleek fixture; I love it.

Pics look like crap but you get the idea.

Edited by Bubba30
  • Like 1
TeflonTomDosh

curious if I could get aways with one of the 27s on a 48" tank, or it'd be best to buy 2 of the 20"s/ How about spread from front to back. Dims of the tank 48x18

jedimasterben
curious if I could get aways with one of the 27s on a 48" tank, or it'd be best to buy 2 of the 20"s/ How about spread from front to back. Dims of the tank 48x18

Front to back spread will be fine with them. You can do two of the 20" fixtures.

TeflonTomDosh
Front to back spread will be fine with them. You can do two of the 20" fixtures.

I know you're more of a DIY kinda guy but what's your opinion on these?

jedimasterben
I know you're more of a DIY kinda guy but what's your opinion on these?

They're the only fixture I would consider purchasing. Nothing else comes close.

Edited by jedimasterben
  • Like 1
jedimasterben
not even the radion gen 2? or ai vega?

The Radion Pro or G2? G2, no, fails just like the original, Pro is better, but Ecotech is still just throwing LEDs in all willy-nilly to try and confuse people.

AI vega, just no.

• Like 2

Could you guys post your photo period settings? I'm just trying to figure out how this works. I noticed the lunar light (A 0%, B 1%,) is too bright to keep it the whole night so I will attach my other lunar light that I used before and Apex will control the rest. So far my settings are as follows:

8:00 A 0%, B 0%

10:00 A 5%, B 45%

12:00 A 45%, B 45%

16:00 A 45%, B 45%

18:00 A 5% , B 45%

21:00 A 0%, B 1%

The settings are low but I want to acclimate the corals to much stronger lights that I had before. After 1-2 weeks I will increase the power. This is the 1st day of Razor over my tank so probably it will change.