Coral Vue Hydros

B's Mantis PicO - UPDATE 11/14/13

jbb

JBB texted me said he couldn't wait to go home and play with his shrimp. :unsure:

What's that face all about ? you weren't complaining about the pics I sent while doing it. :naughtydance:

when you say the little dude, just exactly how little is your shrimp? :huh:

teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeny tiny

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

He is full of energy that's for sure. I have a VERY busy work schedule from now through the 11th , so updates will be a no, unless Kat wants to keep the party going for me :) . Tomorrow (Thursday) I will be in Houston for a meeting , Friday back in DFW for a meeting , home Saturday, and then off to Denver on Sunday for advanced certification testing for the job. Once I return (11th) I will be making a macro order for the tank. I am waiting for LAreefs to get things back in stock, it seems like they are out of EVERYTHING!!!

Also, I found out that the carbon I was using is what caused my crash a couple of months back. One of the jugs of carbon I had was one of the Kent recalled batches. That has been thrown out, so we should be crash free from this point on .

sitting at my desk , catching up on the daily NR soap opera. Feet are propped up , its dark in the office other than tank moonlights , and hockey game on the TV across the room. I grab my drink off of the desk and look over towards the pico only to see 2 beeeeeeeedy little eyes peeking around the side of the rocks watching my every move. Guess I cant walk around naked in my house and expect privacy now.

what is this world coming to .

SerenityReef
Once I return (11th) I will be making a macro order for the tank. I am waiting for LAreefs to get things back in stock, it seems like they are out of EVERYTHING!!!

Sorry about that, I only ordered one of a few things and the were sold out of everything.

WAIT! Is this really a tank thread for ninja? I thought it was a joke at first.

Sorry about that, I only ordered one of a few things and the were sold out of everything.

WAIT! Is this really a tank thread for ninja? I thought it was a joke at first.

OMG , I know . It's a miracle. Now to just make one for my actual reef tank.

But it's going to be so much harder to steal this one with water and stuff in it...

I was beginning to have faith in you until you went all noob on me . Who lets water get in their way?

• 4 weeks later...

I took the tank down and tore it apart. I couldn't scape the way I wanted with only 8" of room , so I removed the AIO section . NOW it is as follows

Tank - 12x12x9

Filter - Aquaclear 50 w/ inTank basket (floss only)

Light - Nano-Box

A.T.O. - Tunze Nano

Live stream up until 5p.m. central

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mantis-haven

Water is still a bit cloudy but its looking good I think

Islandoftiki

Awesome. I was watching the video feed a little bit ago and saw your mantis dart across the tank.

Edit: Saw her a couple more times. Looks like a very busy little bee.

Awesome. I was watching the video feed a little bit ago and saw your mantis dart across the tank.

Edit: Saw her a couple more times. Looks like a very busy little bee.

Everything was moved around this morning for the rebuild , so everything must be investigated.

I need to make some more rubble pieces for mantis construction

I think I saw Darth Bigglesworth try to jump out of the tank. Twice. He does it from the back left, where you have the green macros

Yeah I've been watching , I am making a screen top for the tank so we should be good .

After some late night research I have discovered that my Mantis is actually a Neogonodactylus oerstedii , not the Neogonodactylus wennerae that I had originally ordered. The N. oerstedii has purple meral spots, not white (mine are very dark purple) and being that they are super dark indicates that I have a male.

Also,

yesterday I TRIED to add a Talbot damsel to the tank after the rebuild. That wasn't such a good idea. It was quickly hunted , and practically jumped right back into the net with a "GET ME THE F#@& OUT OF HERE" look on its face. So now it is safe in my 33 waiting to be moved into the 90 in the near future.

Archived