Pod Your Reef

Spec V Crazy

x3thelast

Just picked up a fluval spec v from petco (40%) couldnt help myself. :D

So far here is the live stock that was carried over.

8669256597_5444204ab4_s.jpg8347342511_a295b5334e_s.jpg8347342375_d53f12516d_s.jpg8347342049_a9f3584363_s.jpg8348400130_d808d2dc04_s.jpg

8348400330_d6797f11e6_s.jpg8347341525_7906aa466f_s.jpg8348399244_d7831a9152_s.jpg8347340169_0b217f0596_s.jpg8348398978_756bdbc34d_s.jpg

FISH:

• Borbonius Anthias
  • Orange spot Goby

INVERTS:

• Blue/Purple Corcea Clam
  • Tahitian Teal/Purple Maxima Clam
  • RBTA
  • Green/Purple Maxi Mini
  • Porcelain crab
  • Astrea snail

CORALS:

• Green Palys
  • Cinnamon Palys
  • Redkeds
  • Eagle Eye Zoas
  • Lord of the Rings Palys
  • Darth Maul Paly
  • Xmen Zoas
  • Purple Chalice
  • Pink Xenia
  • Neon GSP
  • Ricordeas
  • Green Stripped mushroom
  • Aussie Duncan
  • Acan
  • Aussie Green Blue mouth Gonipora
  • Pink Cats Paw
  • Green Pocci
  • Red Planet Acro
  • Tri-color Acro
  • Red Monticap
  • Sunset Monti
  • Red Digipora
  • Highlighter Green Stag
  • Vivid Strawberry Shortcake Acro
  • Teal Acro
  • Gold Dust Milliepora
  • Purple with White Polyp Acro
  • Dark Blue Echinata

Hardware:

• 2x Ecoxotic Panorama Pro
  • 2x Stunner Strips (TV & 453nm)
  • 606 mini jet
  • MiniMax Reactor
  • Meme Designs Skimmer
  • JBJ Ato
  • 50watt Cobalt Neo Therm
  • Ecotech MP10wes
  • Vertex Libra Doser
  • Vertex Libra Container x2
  • APEX brain

Chemicals:

• Red Sea Pro Salt (Nov-Dec)
  • Coralife Scientific Grade Salt (Dec-Current)
  • Two Little Fishies C-Balance
  • Brightwell Kalk +2
  • Various Zeovit Products

CURRENT FTS:

8670338550_a258371bdc_b.jpg

8669234571_ac6a0e6d48_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, you had all that in a four gallon!? When I look at mine, I can't see room for nearly half of that. Then again, I don't see room in mine for half the corals you have in your 1 gallon either. :) How long was your 4 gallon up for?

Wow, you had all that in a four gallon!? When I look at mine, I can't see room for nearly half of that. Then again, I don't see room in mine for half the corals you have in your 1 gallon either. :) How long was your 4 gallon up for?

the 4 was up for a little over a year :)

haha all the frags are small theres a TON of room in this new tank....ive just gotta figure out what im going to put in it :D

I don't see why everyone says the clowns will outgrow the tank very quick, I have had mine for almost 7 months now in my 40B and they've grown maybe 1/4". Yes I do feed them very good every other day and they seem to be very happy. Originally my misbar occelaris was in a 2 gallon spec for 4 of 7 months.

I don't see why everyone says the clowns will outgrow the tank very quick, I have had mine for almost 7 months now in my 40B and they've grown maybe 1/4". Yes I do feed them very good every other day and they seem to be very happy. Originally my misbar occelaris was in a 2 gallon spec for 4 of 7 months.

same...ive had my first clown for a year now its just now reaching the 1 1/2 inch mark. i feed them both a pinch of pellets every day and w/e left overs they can steal when i spot feed other things 2x a week.

bioload shmioload. :P

Looking good!

thanks!

but for some reason my water isnt as clear as id like for it to be :/

maybe because of the low GPU rating of the return pump? or i may have to gut out the media basket some more (or just build my own) to get better filtration...

thanks!

but for some reason my water isnt as clear as id like for it to be :/

maybe because of the low GPU rating of the return pump? or i may have to gut out the media basket some more (or just build my own) to get better filtration...

How are you feeding your twinspot? I want to get one but everywhere I read says that they need live food only?

How are you feeding your twinspot? I want to get one but everywhere I read says that they need live food only?

it WAS eating pellets...til last night when all the lights (including moon lights) turned off and i found it stuck on the maxi mini :(

*note to self. dont turn off lights <_<

ill prolly get another twinspot or atleast some kid of goby today.

it WAS eating pellets...til last night when all the lights (including moon lights) turned off and i found it stuck on the maxi mini :(

*note to self. dont turn off lights <_<

ill prolly get another twinspot or atleast some kid of goby today.

So sinking pellets seem to work? I may give it a try. I figure if I target feed with the sinking pellets it should be bound to eat. What type do you feed?

As for a new goby! May I recommend a citron clown goby! I love how he perches on the glass and rocks and seems to simply hover in the water.

So sinking pellets seem to work? I may give it a try. I figure if I target feed with the sinking pellets it should be bound to eat. What type do you feed?

As for a new goby! May I recommend a citron clown goby! I love how he perches on the glass and rocks and seems to simply hover in the water.

i was thinking of an orange spotted goby or a diamond...but i was just feeding it with a long straw to make sure it got to the sand bed and it would suck it up with the rest of the sand and spit the sand out.

good luck with yours. ive heard other having some luck with frozen food, you just have to get them used to being target fed.

i was thinking of an orange spotted goby or a diamond...but i was just feeding it with a long straw to make sure it got to the sand bed and it would suck it up with the rest of the sand and spit the sand out.

good luck with yours. ive heard other having some luck with frozen food, you just have to get them used to being target fed.

Thanks!

I saw it at the fish store and I loved it but I read that it might starve and I didn't want to have that happen.

What brand of food did you feed?

Thanks!

I saw it at the fish store and I loved it but I read that it might starve and I didn't want to have that happen.

What brand of food did you feed?

just the spectrum brand the smallest ones that i also use to feed my clowns.

its finally cleared up. i guess i had too much water in the return chamber that the filter was not working properly as it should.

image.jpg

going to add some more rock in the back for a goby cave. hope to start plugging in some sps frags once i get the 606 pump and a better lighting set up.

its finally cleared up. i guess i had too much water in the return chamber that the filter was not working properly as it should.

image.jpg

going to add some more rock in the back for a goby cave. hope to start plugging in some sps frags once i get the 606 pump and a better lighting set up.

There it is! LoL! Glad you got it going properly

It's looking like a good start!

i think im gonna snag one of these for my wife.

Do it!!! She'll like it. Fairly easy to maintain I think. The only thing that should be upgraded is the light and the return pump. :)

But me, ill put this tank on roids lol

Do it!!! She'll like it. Fairly easy to maintain I think. The only thing that should be upgraded is the light and the return pump. :)

But me, ill put this tank on roids lol

haha i had no doubt you would :P

Archived