Pod Your Reef

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Tank is doing pretty well, despite my constant neglect. I think that's the secret to this hobby, if you act like you don't care, your tank will respond by looking good and then you'll start to care, and then it'll hurt your feelings again. :lol:

Oh, and Metro, the GSP on the right wall has been pissed off since last friday and is peeling off. I'm not sure what's going on with it. I found the blue knuckle hanging on it again and picking at the spot where it's peeling.

Oh, and Metro, the GSP on the right wall has been pissed off since last friday and is peeling off. I'm not sure what's going on with it. I found the blue knuckle hanging on it again and picking at the spot where it's peeling.

Hmm. maybe it has found a new way to colonize the tank. It's going to roll itself down, and move over to the front wall and unfurl...

jedimasterben

Are you noticing issues from the bristleworms? If not, I'd leave them be, they're the most useful member of your cleanup crew.

Are you noticing issues from the bristleworms? If not, I'd leave them be, they're the most useful member of your cleanup crew.

They're out competing some of the other CUC pretty badly. I don't want them eliminated, just reduced.

Hey, just ck'd out your tank- I haven't seen it before-very nice- who's in a war in there- are your zoos bothering any of your SPS? But I dare say..........upgrade

JK- looks great as it is - crazy growth on your glass

Hey, just ck'd out your tank- I haven't seen it before-very nice- who's in a war in there- are your zoos bothering any of your SPS? But I dare say..........upgrade JK- looks great as it is - crazy growth on your glass

Thanks! The pavonia has sweepers I never imagined. The hammer I had to move because it ate the meteor shower it was near. The GSP... it's a weed. It's great as long as I can keep it isolated on the glass and everywhere, but... it's trying to get a serious hold on the rock and I'm not sure what to do about it. The tnak will go south if it does indeed get a hold on the rock. All the GSP you see in the tank today was a combined 2 square inches like 3 years ago. Everything on the rock to the far left was a tiny 1 sq in patch. It covered that rock, covered the glass on the left, I fragged and spreaded it to the back, after it filled the left end of the tank again, I shipped a 12"x12" piece to metro and it's already grown back again. It's a shame it's not worth anything or I'd be rich for all the GSP I could grow! There are other smaller battles as well. Pretty much anything you see in that tank that has a sweeper is sweeping at this point. I blinked and one day I reached critical mass and didn't know it.

Nice- I hear ya- can you remove the coral from the glass easily? Ya , I am surprised who wins my battles- seems my Millepora kicks most of my other SPS butts. I've been fragging Clavularia about 3-4 times - finally traded it all in about 2 months ago- what appears this week- one small flower- stuffs like Xenia - at least my lfs will take the Clavularia on trade

Nice- I hear ya- can you remove the coral from the glass easily? Ya , I am surprised who wins my battles- seems my Millepora kicks most of my other SPS butts. I've been fragging Clavularia about 3-4 times - finally traded it all in about 2 months ago- what appears this week- one small flower- stuffs like Xenia - at least my lfs will take the Clavularia on trade

I could remove the GSP from the glass in <30 seconds if I wanted to. Well, the side glass. The bottom is hard to get to and if it jumps tothe rock structure then it's amess. It's trying really hard to jump right now.
jedimasterben

They're out competing some of the other CUC pretty badly. I don't want them eliminated, just reduced.

I gotcha now. In that case, TO BATTLE!

light%2520me.gif

Archived