10lbs Reefcleaners Rock
1 1/2" Caribsea Special grade reef sand
5g Sump
Filter Sock
Purigen
Refugium w/Chaeto

Livestock:
True Percula Clown (amphiprion percula)

Green Clown Goby (gobiodon atrangulatus)

Rasta Zoa's (zoanthus sp.)

Red Hornet Zoa's

Fire and Ice Zoa's

Candy Apple Red Zoa's

Lord Of The Rings Zoa's

Tiger Face Zoa's
Mean Green Zoa's
Green/blue Acan (acanthastrea lordhowensis)

Red/blue Acan

Candy Stripe Acan

Green Ribbon Acan

Red Center Acan

Red coco worm (protula bispiralis)

Any and all criticisms, and ideas are welcomed. Cheers

• Like 1
  • Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went out and picked up a light fixture for the par 38 today. Got it at office max, tested to see how much weight it can hold and surprisingly i can push down on top pretty hard without it moving an inch, i also thing somebody else on here is using the same one (which is where is got the idea). I also painted the back of the tank with black Krylon fusion, it really makes the tank look that much more sexy. Reefcleaners rock should get here beginning of next week so thats when the cycle is scheduled to begin. Tomorrow i will be building my diy stand and i will post pics of the progress. Thanks for lookin'

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2569.jpg

The lamp in case anybody was interested, it has locking screws at every joint. The shade is also removable.

IMG_2570.jpg

very good start. word of caution though. id try and get rid of the shade on the lamp. they hold the heat that the par 38 will give off and might cause it to burn up.

:D

Thanks Jrmiller, this one has a completely removable shade. Luckily i looked into it a bit or i would never have thought of that.

hahaha good loking out. :D

Wow, awesome start. I had a vortech mp10 on my 7.5g and it was over kill in my opinion. Good move with the Stevie t media basket / AC50 combo. I had the same setup but with the AC70 and I should have stopped there.

I had the ledtric par 38 and it was very powerful. I had to position the lamp a foot from the surface of the tank to avoid frying my coral.

I actually read your whole build thread, your tank was really nice! Yeah i ordered it with 60 degree optics so i was hoping to have it around 10" but if your saying it will still fry coral i may take your advice. About the MP10, i know its overkill but after having it on my last tank i feel like every other powerhead is just cheap... i know i know its just a powerhead but it was my favorite piece of equipment haha.

Well today has been pretty busy. First of all i got my LEDTRiC Par 38 full spetrum in the mail today and wow is it pretty. Also i got about 90% through building my stand. Right now the filler putty is drying on the front (trying to make it as clean as possible) and tomorrow i will give a nice coat of paint. Here are pics of my progress. Stand is made from 2x2's for the frame, and it is skinned with 3/4" Pine plywood. So far im pretty happy with what i came up with. Also to go with the sleek and clean theme ive got going here, im taking back the lamp and going to make my own pendant style hanger with black painted conduit and ill hang a socket at the end of it. Resizing pics takes too long and im tired.

IMG_2574.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

IMG_2581.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

This is EXACTLY how I wrapped my two Mr. Aqua 7.5s before painting - down to the overlapping adpages. I did a serious double-take. :)

Tagging along!

Great minds think alike! i knew with my luck i would somehow get overspray on the tank so i wrapped it like crazy haha. Worked well.

Hey everyone i have a sexy shrimp question, do they do ok alone or is it better to have them in pairs. I have never kept one but always wanted to.

so excited to see more from you. amazing start so far :D

why thank you! For this tank since space is so limited i am going to "cherry pick" everything, so only the frags i can't live without, only the perfect livestock (in my eyes). Im excited to get this thing going as well. Reefcleaners rock gets here tomorrow, i got 15lbs so i get to pick and choose what i want to use.

Thanks again!

This is EXACTLY how I wrapped my two Mr. Aqua 7.5s before painting - down to the overlapping adpages. I did a serious double-take. :)

Tagging along!

Looks like what I did too! lol I kinda wish I had used vinyl though because a lot of the paint had fell off. It's not noticeable because all I'm looking at is the corals but every time I clean the tank, a small piece falls off. lol

Great tank thread! Looking forward to seeing it filled with corals.

Looks like what I did too! lol I kinda wish I had used vinyl though because a lot of the paint had fell off. It's not noticeable because all I'm looking at is the corals but every time I clean the tank, a small piece falls off. lol

Great tank thread! Looking forward to seeing it filled with corals.

Thanks! As for the paint falling off, ive never really had a problem with it, this time around i used krylon fusion and did about 7 coats to ensure it was nice and thick.

I used krylon fusion too. Guess I wasn't careful enough. :P Can't wait to see this thing filled with corals!

Hmm, maybe my black paint will suffer the same demise haha. Thank you the wait is killing me.... it always does.

Everything looks awesome! I wanted to check out your build for the recommendation you gave on the Ledtric bulb, and I'll def. be following along... What did you end up using for the fixture for the Par38? It looks nice a sleek.

Archived