Innovative Marine Aquariums

Best Ghetto DIY jobs around

metrokat

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me tell ya, I am a man of practicality. If it ain't broke.....

Same here. I just told my mom that we are never throwing out a fridge until it literally explodes and all the electrical stuff is gone and broken by me and the housing has been turned into something. Then we throw away what's left. :)

lnglostsurfer

Same here. I just told my mom that we are never throwing out a fridge until it literally explodes and all the electrical stuff is gone and broken by me and the housing has been turned into something. Then we throw away what's left. :)

This is pretty much the story of my first kegerator back in college...

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, my local robotics club just was about to throw out a bunch of stuff, including various gauges and lengths of wire and some motors. Oh, and some bits of aluminum (about 20 lbs worth).

Of course, that's not a lot as most of it is broken, but still. I'll post some pics.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

This was my first attempt working with glass or plumbing... Ratchet sump!! Too many 90' turns that killed flow, and the sizes of the chambers made no sense :lol:

Theres a DIY reactor in there that was just a pump glued (Using coral glue) to a water bottle and a bag of carbon in it :lol:

The holes in the size are from when I tried to make a DIY chiller with a bucket of ice... didn't work well!

IMG_9933_zpsjocg38ja.jpg

I'm actually curious about the caulking on the stand. :)

Mine?

Well I drilled the hole, and then regretted it. So I filled it with this fake wood stuff, and then sanded the outside and repainted it. Didn't bother cleaning the inside!

Archived