Pod Your Reef

Best Ghetto DIY jobs around

metrokat

I'm allowed to laugh at myself. Do you have pictures of your ghetto DIY projects?

Ghetto Glue job

11%20-%201.jpg

Ghetto Scape that everybody oohed and aahed over

IMG_20120305_115621.jpg

Ghetto PVC glue job, forgot to take a picture of it dripped all over the marble floor

IMG_20120706_212811.jpg

Ghetto sump plumbing. WTF.

IMG_20120707_123823.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm allowed to laugh at myself. Do you have pictures of your ghetto DIY projects?

Nice XD hey it works doesn't it?

But no, I never photographed my ghetto. Sorry to disappoint

I don't have a picture of it because...well, it's still in the tank, but I had a plastic optic fall off one of my LEDs and plop. More hot glue next time I guess.

I wish I still had some pics of my old 'fuge. That thing was beyond ghetto.

Oh, here's an upside down Wal-Mart bowl bubble trap:

reef%20fuge%20006%20resized.jpg

My "flex PVC" is too stiff to be held down appropriately and to snake around, so I left it long and used a clamp to weigh it down in place. This is right next to my $13.00 fuge light and fixture combo.

Edit: forgot the picture. Doh!

04BD3188-0778-43DC-85EB-9F873410CAFF-3762-000004B33C0DA379.jpg

Seriously zeph, how do you have such amazing tanks, and such ugly outside of them?

LOL....this made me laugh. THose tanks are not in my home, but 5 floors down in my basement. That system is my toy. I assure you when I build my living room display, I wont be using 2x4's!

LOL....this made me laugh. THose tanks are not in my home, but 5 floors down in my basement. That system is my toy. I assure you when I build my living room display, I wont be using 2x4's!

I hope so. It's a real crime that a clam that beautiful is relegated to a dungeon :lol:

I hope so. It's a real crime that a clam that beautiful is relegated to a dungeon :lol:

I don't think he had ever seen a pretty tank till he came over. I'm claiming all the credit for inspiring whatever he comes up with that doesn't look ghetto. :flower:

I don't think he had ever seen a pretty tank till he came over. I'm claiming all the credit for inspiring whatever he comes up with that doesn't look ghetto. :flower:

Oh, but Batgirl, please remember what I told you when we first met - Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I like my tanks like I like my girls. A little rugh around the edges.

Archived