Cultivated Reef

Mark's 40B and 46 bow

markalot

Damage is up to the next polyp this morning, so it's slow but steady.

I tested nitrates because I never test nitrates. 0. I've never haf a nitrate reading which leads me to suspect the Red Sea test kit. /shrug Maybe my fish load is just too small for a nitrate reading.

Anyway, I'll do a 10% water change at some point here, maybe.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pics of the other acros, looking for issues but not seeing any.

"Rainbow milli"

zl61.jpg

pcad.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake (SSC)

gllj.jpg

c8z9.jpg

Unknown Milli

13ny.jpg

c60c.jpg

Turquoise Unknown Acro

kfvrp.jpg

1ji7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some FTS's, possible the last of the 40. The Razor is off this tank now and I have various BuildMyLED strip lights on top.

ivov.jpg

Check out the unknown milli and how well it's starting to do. Must keep this healthy!

hxj9.jpg

FTS of the 46. I just don't want to talk about it. Even a chalice I've had for almost 2 years is showing colors I've never seen before. The frags on the damn frag rack look good ... I wish I knew why everything just seems to do so well in here. I'm hoping it's the depth and I can transfer some of this mojo to the 150.

n5kyo.jpg

I want your blastos...front right side!!!!! :wub:

Thanks, they are doing fantastic but it took months and months for them to take off. I really wonder if some of these corals can't stand any time out of the water without suffering severe setbacks. When I move corals from this tank I'm going to move as many as I can in containers so they are never out of water.

The tank looks great man. I love tangs, can't wait for larger tank.

Thanks. I'm excited and nervous about the big tank. Hopefully all will do well.

Thanks, they are doing fantastic but it took months and months for them to take off. I really wonder if some of these corals can't stand any time out of the water without suffering severe setbacks. When I move corals from this tank I'm going to move as many as I can in containers so they are never out of water.

That's interesting! The container idea is great!!!!

I'm on the hunt for some of those blastos now :). I'll probably be able to order them from CGA.

That's interesting! The container idea is great!!!!

I'm on the hunt for some of those blastos now :). I'll probably be able to order them from CGA.

You know, the other thing I did was start feeding Reef Roids regularly, so that might have been it as well. Didn't seem to improve my Acans much though.

The end of the 40B, June 30th 2014 around 9PM.

ksr8.jpg

I still need to move one Nassarius snail and a couple of larger starfish, but it's over. And let me record the fact that this sand, Carib Sea special grade, was still going strong. I dug down to the glass in most areas and no nasty muck came up, just fine dust and not much of it. All the critters and the thin stripes, plus gravel vacs, paid off.

Corals all moved to 150, thread in sig below.

I'm still debating what to do with the 46. I will move corals first, slowly as I make space ... yea, make space in a 150! Some may go to the LFS for someone else to enjoy, like that giant green torch and killer wall frogspawn. /shrug

An end to a great chapter of your reefing career. The 150 is going to be awesome, so much room for activities!

That's a wrap. Everything that will be moved to the 150 has been moved and is waiting for me to take a few frags, the mean ole alien eye chalice, and the purple dottyback to the LFS and drain this tank. The 46 had a good run. From freshwater planted to reef in less than 3 days, and then to look as good as it did without me paying much attention to it.

Two corals, the Alveopora and a 3 head branch of the big green torch, was moved to my 29.

Archived