Top Shelf Aquatics

November 2012 Featured Reef - awpong

Christopher Marks

Question, what is the highlighter yellow color coral under your frogspawn in the sand.

And awesome tank, I hope one day mine can look that nice :o

That's my kryptonite candy cane.

Hey awpong,

Sweet tank man! It's absolutely gorgeous and is similar in style to what I'm looking to set up. Congrats too on getting into med school -- I'm curious as to how difficult it was to maintain a tank of that caliber and still keep up with rigorous pre-med schoolwork. I'm a resident right now and would really like to start a tank, but am hesitant due to significant limitations in free time. Where will you be going to school and do you plan on setting the tank back up?

Hey awpong,

Sweet tank man! It's absolutely gorgeous and is similar in style to what I'm looking to set up. Congrats too on getting into med school -- I'm curious as to how difficult it was to maintain a tank of that caliber and still keep up with rigorous pre-med schoolwork. I'm a resident right now and would really like to start a tank, but am hesitant due to significant limitations in free time. Where will you be going to school and do you plan on setting the tank back up?

Thanks!

I'm not quite sure where I'll be going to med school yet, and I won't know for sure until Feb 1st. I've been accepted to Texas Tech and am still waiting on a few more schools.

I do plan on setting up another tank at med school, but I'll probably wait a while so that I can get adjusted. Keeping the tank in college really wasn't that difficult, and I think I'll be able to manage another one for the first two years, but the third and fourth years might be difficult.

Archived