inTank Media Baskets

Ecotech Vortech MP10 ES Dry Side Bearing Replacement Guide by NanoTopia

NanoTopia

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, so I just ordered a wES driver for it to sync with the two MP40, and also ordered new bearings for both MP40, might as well get them fixed before they get louder.

I paid $33 shipped for two sets, one is for Metrokat.

Sounds good Jedi, can you provide a link for others on the bearings you used?

If you are using non-sealed bearings. Make sure when you lubricate them you remove the shields to ensure the balls are getting lubed (oh yeah, I said it...).

To remove the shields, take a safety pin or thumb-tack and use it to remove the retainer that holds the shield on. It is circular and around the outside of the shield (in a little groove) - there will be a break in it - just jam the pin behind it and it'll come right out. The shield will then pop right off and you will see the bearings and retainers. Drip a little bit of bearing lube in there (lube SPECIFICALLY bade for bearings - not WD40 or 3-in-one or sewing machine oil - they will NOT work!). VXB, ABS, and Bones all make lubes specifically for bearings and they are $4-$8 for a small eye-drop sized container. Use 3-6 drops for each bearing and put the shield back on (and retainer - you can do it with your fingers - no need to use a pin again). You only need to take 1 shield off - when you are jamming the pin behind the retainer, don't put pressure on the shield since you don't want to bend it.

This will make them last A LOT longer.

If you have fully sealed bearings - do not do this or attempt to since it is not needed - you will ruin them.

Standing by and waiting on my bearing to arrive today. I ordered the same bearing as the ones Jedi suggested. Fyi, the red box is a kit called a ,"400 inch pound" miniature ratchet set.....if you are a tinkerer and you don't own one....you need one. I work on advanced weapons systems for the Armed Forces and I use this tool more than any other in my arsenal,lol.

post-79843-0-22407900-1380831898_thumb.jpg

Hahaha, fair enough...I already have similar stuff. The advantage is the size vs. the strength(and the fact you get about 3 clicks per one click of a full sized ratchet....big deal in tight spaces) Well, bearings replaced, took all of about 25 minutes....runs like a raped ape! Thanks Ben!

I tried this once and to remove those bearings is a bitch! Sorry but you must have super human strength because I tried doing exactly as you said. I even left the bearing in the freezer for an hour but that didn't help me at all because they didn't budge one bit.

anyone recommend a bearing puller?

jedimasterben

I've been looking for a small one for a while, but I have no idea what I'm looking for. I've just been using a massive bearing press that my grandpa has that BARELY fits these tiny bearings and using a hammer to tap them out.

Yea i need a press. Shoot I need a garage!

I screwed up the magnet so I have to buy an entire dry side now. ANyone selling just the dry side?

Jedi "

• Effectively fits on cartridge bearings with 10-25mm inner race ID's"

NanoTopia I have tried this and the bearing don't just slide on and off. I must be doing something wrong and will try again tonight.

Jedi "

NanoTopia I have tried this and the bearing don't just slide on and off. I must be doing something wrong and will try again tonight.

You still have to pull a bit but really no effort required. I suggest just using fingers to pull off the bearing, this way less chance to damage parts. Try a drop of oil on the shaft where the bearings connect, then in the freezer for a while, you have to act quick before the parts begin to warm up. Mine came off without effort, but your may be tighter, just give a pull equal on all sides, this should work.

jedimasterben

Jedi "

Yes, and the MP10 bearing ID is 7mm and the MP40 bearings are 7-8mm.

BeardedReeferLLC

Go to your local bike/skate shop then. They will have the tools to push out the smaller bearings. IF anything they will tell you where you can pick something like it up at.

Archived