inTank Media Baskets

Ombré Alley [ADA Mini S] TOTM *Retired*

xcom

Thank you everyone for all the congrat comments!!!!

Awesome stuff! Now where is my FTS with the light ;)

Seriously, rad tank. This would be perfect in a art studio!

-Dave

It is in my home office haha and I can't seem to get a straight on FTS because the hallway is too narrow, but I will give it a try soon.

I guessed this a week ago ;)

:lol:

Congratulations!!!! Is that the dragons breath I sold to you last year?

I know you would have guessed it :P hehe. Yes the dragon breath really took off, I trimmed it quite often, now I have a little bit left that grew onto a piece of rock. It looks like it will grow out bigger again soon.

I realized after adding ChemiPure Elite for a couple of weeks my ricordea seems to react differently, so I temporarily took the bag out of the canister and see if it makes a different.

• Like 1
Nano sapiens

I realized after adding ChemiPure Elite for a couple of weeks my ricordea seems to react differently, so I temporarily took the bag out of the canister and see if it makes a different.

Let's just say that I used this product for a month or two when my tank was very new, but never thereafter. Then again, I don't use anything, anyway (other than WCs and few drops of Iodine), since I like to let the natural processes in the tank develop and function 'naturally'.

Congrats on the NTOTM!

• Like 1

I know you would have guessed it :P hehe. Yes the dragon breath really took off, I trimmed it quite often, now I have a little bit left that grew onto a piece of rock. It looks like it will grow out bigger again soon.

I need some :).

I'd pay you to drop a cutting in the mail for me, first class would be fine with me :).

• Like 1

Grats on the TOTM. I kinda lost track of this thread. I had to go from 1-18 again and then I noticed you changed the layout.

Question. Where did you get your rics?

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the kind words!!

Let's just say that I used this product for a month or two when my tank was very new, but never thereafter. Then again, I don't use anything, anyway (other than WCs and few drops of Iodine), since I like to let the natural processes in the tank develop and function 'naturally'.

Congrats on the NTOTM!

After I removed the Chemi Pure, my rice starts to open up like they did before. I definitely think that the Chemi Pure was too much for them to handle.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!!

After I removed the Chemi Pure, my rice starts to open up like they did before. I definitely think that the Chemi Pure was too much for them to handle.

My bet is on it cleared water to a degree that light penetrated more and ticked off the rics.

My bet is on it cleared water to a degree that light penetrated more and ticked off the rics.

It is a possibility! The one reacted the most was my yellow rainbow one, since the color morph is rare, I would rather lose the bag vs the ric haha

• Like 2

where can i get Trimma Gobies?

Quality Marine sells them- they are a wholesaler, but you could order from them through your LFS. Diver's Den also offers them every once and a while. Recently, I have seen a couple of Trimma Cana (the type that is in this tank) on Live Aquaria.

I just scrolled through this whole thread. Amazing tank! I love the rics, and plan to have a lot of them in mine. Also, congrats on getting TOTM! Question for you though. What are the settings on your light? It seems to be in that sweet spot to really make the colors look good.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey trueisb2, question for you. I was wondering how you are keeping your inflow/outflow pipes so clean? It looks like you have a quick disconnect device in line with your tubing under the tank. Your tank has inspired me to do a similar setup; lily pipes, fluval 106, hydor in-line heater. I'm having trouble keeping my pipes clean and would love to know how you're doing it. Thanks! :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Sorry all for the lack of appearance on here! Finally have some more time on my hand to get back on the forum :)

Random question: where can I get Collospongia auris in Socal area :P

• Like 3

Sorry all for the lack of appearance on here! Finally have some more time on my hand to get back on the forum :)

Random question: where can I get Collospongia auris in Socal area :P

OMG you're alive.

And I remember an LFS selling a blue-looking sponge in Anaheim called Reef Lounge USA (but that was like a year ago, not too sure about now). Second LFS I can think of is Iconic Reef Company (but not too sure, I vaguely remember my gf pointing it out and my response was *shrug*).

You can always email Unique Corals or calling Vivid Aquariums (I remember they sold sponges from their seahorse tank, but again, that was awhile back).