Pod Your Reef

Ombré Alley [ADA Mini S] TOTM *Retired*

xcom

XxViEtXjUStiNxX
:wub:

all of it!!!!!

M,

Your tank is gonna look sick. I love how you break boundaries. All your corals are doing very well. Are you still in Cali or in NY?

Looks good man, just fill the whole thing up with all sorts of ricordias there are in the world.

I'm planning on it LOL not sure I will achieve the Ombre look yet, >.< it is so damn difficult to super glue ricordea....

Aquamorphs is the best place for oddball and rare rics!

You meant Aquascapers? That's where I got most of my rare color ones and I love them, very good service!

Beautiful!!! Very artistic!

Very nice!

:wub:

all of it!!!!!

Thanks!!!!

M,

Your tank is gonna look sick. I love how you break boundaries. All your corals are doing very well. Are you still in Cali or in NY?

NY is on hold at the moment, but I moved again to the west side of town temporarily.

Nice. It looks great already!

The things bugging me are the heater, temp probe and the powerhead...... I don't know how to make them disappear just yet... any suggestion out there? I was thinking of getting a HOB filter instead and put my heater and temp probe inside, the background I'm working on will hide the filter hopefully.

Oh in the mean time, I will receive these tomorrow!

lg-metallic-orange-w-purple-skirt.jpeg

lg-metallic-orange-w-purple-skirt-2.jpeg

lg-metallic-orange-w-purple-skirt-1.jpeg

^epic

For hiding equipment you can use reducing bushings and large PVC pipe to put your equipment in and then just use those watertight cable bulkheads for power cables. Add a little external pump with the output tee'd off with one output going through a valve to the tank, and the other through another valve back to the feed. No need for a powerhead in a tank so small you can just adjust the return pumps output into the tank via the two valves. (Just dont close both valves and dead head the pump :lol: ) Then get some lily pipes and enjoy the super clean look of your new setup B)

I did it before on a half gallon pico that wouldn't fit any heater worth buying and it worked great, just remember to put a union on the "canister" so you can open it up for maintenance.

Deleted User 4
HAHAHAHAHAHA size does matter!

lol yeah it does.....I've never seen a XL florida ric.....that title sounds over-exaggerating....kinda..but we won't know till we order it eh?

^epic

For hiding equipment you can use reducing bushings and large PVC pipe to put your equipment in and then just use those watertight cable bulkheads for power cables. Add a little external pump with the output tee'd off with one output going through a valve to the tank, and the other through another valve back to the feed. No need for a powerhead in a tank so small you can just adjust the return pumps output into the tank via the two valves. (Just dont close both valves and dead head the pump :lol: ) Then get some lily pipes and enjoy the super clean look of your new setup B)

I did it before on a half gallon pico that wouldn't fit any heater worth buying and it worked great, just remember to put a union on the "canister" so you can open it up for maintenance.

I'm a little lost... Do you have any images of this set up? Is it a gravity feed external pump?

plating coralline is awesome. i want some too

I heard it is invasive, but it is too pretty to say no....

I'm planning on it LOL not sure I will achieve the Ombre look yet, >.< it is so damn difficult to super glue ricordea....

You meant Aquascapers? That's where I got most of my rare color ones and I love them, very good service!

Thanks!!!!

NY is on hold at the moment, but I moved again to the west side of town temporarily.

The things bugging me are the heater, temp probe and the powerhead...... I don't know how to make them disappear just yet... any suggestion out there? I was thinking of getting a HOB filter instead and put my heater and temp probe inside, the background I'm working on will hide the filter hopefully.

Oh in the mean time, I will receive these tomorrow!

lg-metallic-orange-w-purple-skirt.jpeg

lg-metallic-orange-w-purple-skirt-2.jpeg

So you're the one who got yellow and that last orange-pink ric! I saw those and saw it sold and went "Hmm... Who's the baller who got these? They got some good taste..." LOL! Glad to see that it's going to a tank I know. :)

Edited by buddythelion
I'm a little lost... Do you have any images of this set up? Is it a gravity feed external pump?

I wish I did, but my hardrive took a dump and even after changing the disk enclosure it still would not work :tears:

The best way to think about it would be a DIY canister filter, without the filter media.

The inlet hose would go into the canister with your heater/probes/whatever. Then from the canisters output you would connect a pump that outputs back into the tank.

To have full control of the flow rate but not burn out your pump you would also put a T after the pump and a T before the canister and connect the two with a valve in between. Then one more valve on the return tube to the tank.

heres a drawing to see the system red is the feed side and blue is the output.

jZ5Fy.jpg

Edited by SDartifex

Got new rics from Aquascapers! THEY ARE GORGEOUS! and always love their service. I just wish they put up more rics for sale.....

All rics are quite pissed off at the moment as I rearranged and glued them down this afternoon. Pics are coming soon!

So you're the one who got yellow and that last orange-pink ric! I saw those and saw it sold and went "Hmm... Who's the baller who got these? They got some good taste..." LOL! Glad to see that it's going to a tank I know. :)

I couldn't resist on those orange and yellow rics... I missed it once, so I took them while I could LOL :ninja:

I got them today and the COLORS are insane! I'm super happy.

I wish I did, but my hardrive took a dump and even after changing the disk enclosure it still would not work :tears:

The best way to think about it would be a DIY canister filter, without the filter media.

The inlet hose would go into the canister with your heater/probes/whatever. Then from the canisters output you would connect a pump that outputs back into the tank.

To have full control of the flow rate but not burn out your pump you would also put a T after the pump and a T before the canister and connect the two with a valve in between. Then one more valve on the return tube to the tank.

heres a drawing to see the system red is the feed side and blue is the output.

jZ5Fy.jpg

SWEET! thank so much for the drawing, I will investigate this further, right now the equipment is such an eyesore :haha:

You have exquisite taste in ricordeas!!!!! I can't decide which of the three I like the best!!!!!! I need to check out their site more regularly.

We can do trades....macro for ricordeas ;)

As soon as I have some macro to trim, I'll send it your way :happy: Are you still moving to the east coast?

lol Gena, I hope mine will split especially the crazy colors ones fingerscrossed We can definitely trade!! No I'm still in the west coast working, moving won't be until early next year *sigh*

In other note, I observed an interesting ricordea behavior. One of my old blue/orange mix ric changed color to bringt yellow with bright neon trim. :huh: I read that ricordea change colors in the wild dues to season, but rarely happen in home aquarium. However, I think lighting might have something to do with it. When I was moving (yes I moved again) my ric was in very low lighting to no light (in the bucket) then again exposed slowly to regular light schedule, and more intense light in a week period.....BOOM, blue --> bright neon yellow; Unfortunately, the polyp went fromt 1" to 0.5"

Thought I want to share. I might experiment with this again later on to see if I can morph ricordea in home aquarium :haha:

SWEET! thank so much for the drawing, I will investigate this further, right now the equipment is such an eyesore :haha:

No problem, I hope it works out for you. Also I know mcMaster carr has the all plastic watertight electrical bulkhead's, I believe there under the grommets section as cord grips or something like that. Its been a while since I've ordered any.

Got any before and afters of the color changing ric? I had an acan change when I went from MH to LED's it was neat because the older heads still had the old colors but the baby heads developed extra colors depending on how much light they got.