Pod Your Reef

The Zoa and Paly Club

kveekx

The first ones are Bam Bams. The second ones I'm not sure, but they look kinda like Rockstars.

Thanks! I definitely think you are right on the bam bams but the second one don't look the pictures that come up when I search Rockstars. I'll keep looking around trying to figure it out. But thank you for your help :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
CronicReefer

ive got these top ones too, any idea on what they are called??

I believe they are just a variation of Bowsers but they also look very similar to the Equinox Paly on zoanthids.com

My rack..frag rack that is.

I have been letting these grow out.

Sorry about the Kessil glare <_<

6f992d5b-adeb-488c-9362-5ad8d3c34f93.jpg

b51e8c01-74e6-456d-b03c-8df5cee0903e.jpg

My lonely Hallucination and 5 polyps KH Sunburst

7aa8624d-0314-4c1a-89e8-1b8b7ef50232.jpg

• Like 5
  • 3 months later...

I don't have any zoas or paly's right now... Actually, I only have a peanutworm and some rocks, But I intend to get some soon.

These creatures are gorgeous.

Question for you zoa/paly lovers what do you do to your regime that makes them so fantastic?

I had some in my 2011 tank (just before the crash of 2012 summer) nemesis-end2011.jpg

I would love to get some of the zoa's I see.. I have a particular taste in purple and greens.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Reefin Ric Flair

Here are some of mine, I'll start adding a few once in awhile as well!For reference, PZ means Planet Zoa, the place where I got them from.PZ Speckled Fire and Ice:SpeckledFireIce_zps93fb7c16.jpgMy Clementines:MyClementine_zps0e2bb88a.jpgRainbow Pennies/Flaming Lotus Eaters:RainbowPenny-1.jpgBlue Rhino:BlueRhino-1.jpgPZ Candy Apple Orange (left) vs Candy Apple Red (right):CAOvsCAR2.jpgAnd here's PZ's Vampire Paly. From my understanding Travis/Planet Zoa was the original founder for these:IMG_9868.jpg

Those candy apple reds are fantastic looking!

Can anyone tell me the difference in the Toucan Zoa's and the Emeralds on Fire? I have a nice colony of Zoa's I bought years ago under the name Toucans, they have the same colors as the Emeralds on Fire but to be honest I think my toucans look better than most pics I see of Emeralds, it also looks like the emeralds may be a bigger polyp, but that could be camera trickery.lol

Here is a pic of My Toucans:

TimsToucan_zps0ac14af7.jpg

20131127_211738_zpsfd07ddfe.jpg