Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Zoa and Paly Club

kveekx

I have a zoa question. I recently bought some zoa's that are very small and have noticed that they seem to open up more lower in my tank. Everybody has said that they need mass light..but are there some that prefer low light? I just bought a Radion xr 30 LED light and the PAR value is about 450 where they are. Thus, I don't know if that would be considered lower light. Never had these guys and could use some input. Btw some of the zoas in here look fantastic.

I have a zoa question. I recently bought some zoa's that are very small and have noticed that they seem to open up more lower in my tank. Everybody has said that they need mass light..but are there some that prefer low light? I just bought a Radion xr 30 LED light and the PAR value is about 450 where they are. Thus, I don't know if that would be considered lower light. Never had these guys and could use some input. Btw some of the zoas in here look fantastic.

I would prefer about 200 for zoa and paly and placement depend on type/ requirement.

• Like 3
FYI Tenor is a genius with Z's and P's.

Thanks tenor. So i'm not crazy. My sand is about 200-300 par and they open up great there. I think there must be a lot of misinformation out there. I have a pretty strong flow...anything about flow rates would be great. Hey...those purple hornets you have are perhaps one of the most beatiful corals I have ever seen. I can't post pictures because my cellphones file is to big.

Thanks tenor. So i'm not crazy. My sand is about 200-300 par and they open up great there. I think there must be a lot of misinformation out there. I have a pretty strong flow...anything about flow rates would be great. Hey...those purple hornets you have are perhaps one of the most beatiful corals I have ever seen. I can't post pictures because my cellphones file is to big.
Get a photobucket account that's what most of us use.
EarthEaterBob

Just got these 4 guys, can anyone tell me what they are?

edit: Figured it to be Mean Green-x-x-and Red People Eater

Interested in what the blue one is, my favourite and absolutely gorgeous under blue.

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

TDF Shazam FE0CBA33-E775-4183-A50F-962201128239-312

Such an incredible polyp! Love the centers!

Master Kraks family.

Frag1-1.jpg

Lunar Kraks! Only $1000 PP, SUPER LE!

No, that's this one, lol.

13938841117_5de38dcc1a_z.jpg

All joking aside, those Shazam's are sweet!!

Wowza!

• 3 weeks later...

May we join the fun?

We just picked these up at the LFS.

post-81248-0-65778500-1402092324_thumb.jpg

Can anyone ID these?

We also have some watermelons, afterburners, Hawaiian Red People Eaters and some Neon Green Palys.

• 1 month later...

Few of my newest additions. Z&Ps are too addicting I have over 30 different frags plus the large colony picture below in a Nanocube 12g :D. Once I get a better camera I plan to share more, these were just taken with my GS4.

IMG_20140622_225521.jpg

These have alot more deeper reds/pinks than the picture shows. Just got them today and they have been in the tank for maybe 2 hours and already opened up and aside from the one expelling zooxanthellae or pooping they seem happy. The scrambled eggs just fell of the rack somehow.

IMG_20140716_220403.jpg20140624_131004.jpg

Similar to lemon drops I believe, but the color and patterns of the zoas look exactly like a elegance coral, so if there were to be an elegance zoa this should be it :lol:. This colony is roughly 200 polyps I would say.

• 4 weeks later...