Pod Your Reef

24x24x16 Low Iron Rimless AIO Cube!

up.left

FTS Monday January 21st 2013

IMG_2796.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

I was able to have a 24x24x16x3/8'' Rimless Low Iron Cube manufactured to my specs! I appreciate your patience, support and comments during this process!

Here is a google sketch of the tank and then the tank itself!

Screenshot2012-07-06at63416PM.png
Screenshot2012-07-06at63459PM.png
Screenshot2012-07-06at82400PM.png
Screenshot2012-07-06at63351PM.png
IMAG0311.jpg

Edited by iroll253
  • Like 2

Oceans By Design in Tukwilla Washington. I know a couple of the guys opening the store front soon and was able to get this built before their opening date. Here is a link to their start up site. http://oceansbydesign.com/

This tank was recently stocked with lps and zoas as well as 3 sps. I will get pics asap!

As far as the tank it is running with a maxi jet return pump, x1 mp10 (waiting on the seconds wetside from ecotech), x1 cpr nano reactor with maxijet 1200 and brs bio pellets, x1 diy media rack with carbon, chemipure elite + filterpads, and x42 cree 3w led's various colors to make a white look but no white.

IMAG0397.jpg

IMAG0398.jpg

IMAG0400.jpg

IMAG0405.jpg

IMAG0389.jpg

Edited by iroll253

Here are some photos with various light settings from today. All of the hammers and frogspawn as well as the rbta are for sale on my local forum so i can make room for more sps and high end lps. Its kind of a clutter so i havent spent much time in showcasing it. Plus im waiting on getting a sleek 72 3w programmable led fixture from the same company that built the tank. They should be having a line of them soon to the public.

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2008-1.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

Thanks! I'd really like to make some room lol. You cant tell from the pic but there are a total of 10 acan frags. I have been trying to start a garden lately. I also am aspiring for a ricordia garden in one order of X25 rics. Will be updating as my budget allows!

Here are some photos of the 29g and the 18x18x12AA rimless tank i used as holding tanks for the summer while waiting on this one.

IMAG0381.jpg

523168_3843800368404_823497082_n.jpg

391301_3804862474981_119848985_n.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0002-2.jpg

Edited by iroll253
  • Like 1

Looks sweet! I'm gonna start using cad lights nano bio pellet reactor today hopefully along with my chemipure elite and purigen similar to you. Hope to get the pesky trates in check.

Thanks guys! I will get some pics of the back tonight when i get home. The back sump section is 24x4x16'' so there is plenty of room for a fuge, bio reactor, heaters, media tray and u.v. I will also be adding a nano calcium reactor inside the stand i am building for the tank.

Speaking of u.v. i just purchased the oceanic biocube 5w v2 uv sterilizer to add onto my return line. I know its not that powerful but its not like i plan to cure itch with it. I will only run it on my controller for 24 hours every friday.

I just sold some euphyllia this morning so will be getting a few new corals this weekend!

Edited by iroll253

Various light settings as in led spectrums not camera settings. I am hoping for advice for shooting under royal blue leds. None of these photos are royal blue only, they are all full daylight photos that still get washed out by purple and blue.

Very nice tank! I noticed you didn't mention of getting a skimmer. I thought that is a must for Biopellet to export all the bacterias?

Thanks a lot! I am currently running an eshopps Psk 75 hang on back skimmer but hate the look of it on the tank so I'm at a toss up between downsizing to the the bubble magusQQ or the tunze 9002.. My skimmer intake is actually right above my pellet reactors output in the same chamber. :D

Edited by iroll253

I am looking at either a bubble magus QQ or tunze 9002 for this tank. I know these skimmers are underrated for this tank but i'd rather keep the bulk of equipment down. Which one do you guys prefer?

Regarding the camera - same model and issue here. Best I have figured out is to shoot in RAW mode and use Photoshop or Lightroom to adjust the WB manually. You'll need CS6 (or equivalent Lightroom version) to handle Canon's .cr2 files. Also MS has a codec pack so you can preview raw files in Windows Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/de...s.aspx?id=26829

HTH

I have been thinking about it for a couple weeks now but that still doesn't help the bulky look of an hob, lol.

Edited by iroll253
  • 4 weeks later...