SaltCritters.com

Jgpico's 30 gal nuvo. New fts pg. 48

jgpico

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got news that I will be getting a radion over this tank tonight. My buddy really wants to try the kessil so we are going to trade lights. Not a bad deal if you ask me. I am nervous to see how everything in the tank takes the switch.

That's awesome, those are nice lights!

I have always wanted one but they are out of my price range. He works for a lfs and gets good deals on all that stuff so he has been running for about a year and wants to try something else. I have loved my kessil so thats why im nervous to switch it up. I dont like change even when its going to one of the nicest lights in the hobby lol.

I just got done building an evil cluster, it's beastman. How have you been?

I have been good man.How about you? Hows your tank doing so far? is it wet yet?

I have been good man.How about you? Hows your tank doing so far? is it wet yet?

Nah not yet, I enlisted in the Airforce do I've been away at basic. I'm home on con leave due to an injury and then I'm headed straight back, do it'll probably be a few months.

• 3 weeks later...

Little bit of a tank update. Haven't changed much except the lighting. Me and my buddy switched lights at his request. He bow has my kessil and I have his radion, bot a bad trade if you ask me. I absolutely love the radion and I think my corals do too. I've never had a controllable led light so I'm having fun with it. Here's a few blue only shots for your enjoyment. http://s1177.photobucket.com/user/Stisuba006/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8358_zpsjvrnztla.jpg.html'>IMG_8358_zpsjvrnztla.jpghttp://s1177.photobucket.com/user/Stisuba006/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8354_zps023xqd4q.jpg.html'>IMG_8354_zps023xqd4q.jpghttp://s1177.photobucket.com/user/Stisuba006/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8352_1_zpsdbyixygt.jpg.html'>IMG_8352_1_zpsdbyixygt.jpghttp://s1177.photobucket.com/user/Stisuba006/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8343_2_zpsmqoyrpgl.jpg.html'>IMG_8343_2_zpsmqoyrpgl.jpg

Corals look happy with the light! :D
they are very happy. Not sure if I'm more happy with it or they are. I never got to see my corals under just blues unless I turned my kessils whites down which I rarely did but now that I have sunrise and sunset I love that I get to see them in all their glory.
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I have some decision making to do. I won the new 40 gallon fusion tank from Innovative Marine and I'm not sure if I am going to transfer the goodies from this tank and tear down the 30 yet. I initially thought it would much easier to just tear it down and transfer but my wife said she might like the idea of us having multiple tanks in the house. I am wondering if I should keep the 30 running and transfer some of the corals and fish and turn the 30 into a horsey tank like Ive wanted to do for a long time. Or should I tear it down and focus on one tank. decisions decisions!!!!! help me out here, I'm pretty sure I know what everyone is going to say but I wanna know what you think.

Arkayology

How about an updated FTS?

Well I have some decision making to do. I won the new 40 gallon fusion tank from Innovative Marine and I'm not sure if I am going to transfer the goodies from this tank and tear down the 30 yet. I initially thought it would much easier to just tear it down and transfer but my wife said she might like the idea of us having multiple tanks in the house. I am wondering if I should keep the 30 running and transfer some of the corals and fish and turn the 30 into a horsey tank like Ive wanted to do for a long time. Or should I tear it down and focus on one tank. decisions decisions!!!!! help me out here, I'm pretty sure I know what everyone is going to say but I wanna know what you think.

Make the wife happy and get two tanks! :)

How about an updated FTS?

Make the wife happy and get two tanks! :)

I think I am going to keep both tanks. I am trying to decide which direction I want to go with the 30 gallon once the 40 is up and running.

I think I am going to keep both tanks. I am trying to decide which direction I want to go with the 30 gallon once the 40 is up and running.

OMG brother! You won that tank :o:naughtydance: Couldnt went to a more deserving reefer! Good timing with your recent dog sitch and other things, that will help lift the spirits, congrats!

So you know my vote for the 30!

OMG brother! You won that tank :o:naughtydance: Couldnt went to a more deserving reefer! Good timing with your recent dog sitch and other things, that will help lift the spirits, congrats!

So you know my vote for the 30!

Whats up man!? How the hell you been? I do know your vote for the 30 and I think that is the route I am gonna go. I might be bugging the crap out of you for tips and tricks on keeping horseys happy. I'll need to find a good source for nice gorgs, softies, and macros.

Winning the tank has definitely lifted my spirits quite a bit. It gives me somehting to focus on rather than the crap that has happened the past couple of months.

Just livin Mi Vida Loca man! Trying to squeeze in reef time in between! The timing on winning that tank was beautiful, love it when life works out like that! So my :ninja: sitch is still getting wrapping up also! Super delayed i know, but it's been changed and upgraded along the way, so it's all good!

That would make for a super relaxing, easy maintenance tank if you went that route. Minus the ponies daily feeding of frozen. Not gonna lie that can be a chore at times. Especially when you need to leave somewhere for a few days. But even if you decided to do the same tank without ponies it would be a epicly peaceful/enjoyable, easy tank!

Sources:

Gorgs: KPA ftw!

Softies: Me! I throw out clippings of a huge variety all the time! You cover shipping and ill get em to you.

Macros: Got2envy on here is the bomb! LA Reefs, live-plants.com and several others

Just livin Mi Vida Loca man! Trying to squeeze in reef time in between! The timing on winning that tank was beautiful, love it when life works out like that! So my :ninja: sitch is still getting wrapping up also! Super delayed i know, but it's been changed and upgraded along the way, so it's all good!

That would make for a super relaxing, easy maintenance tank if you went that route. Minus the ponies daily feeding of frozen. Not gonna lie that can be a chore at times. Especially when you need to leave somewhere for a few days. But even if you decided to do the same tank without ponies it would be a epicly peaceful/enjoyable, easy tank!

Sources:

Gorgs: KPA ftw!

Softies: Me! I throw out clippings of a huge variety all the time! You cover shipping and ill get em to you.

Macros: Got2envy on here is the bomb! LA Reefs, live-plants.com and several others

Hit me up and let me knows going on with all that. I will definitely be contacting you for some softies and I'll look at all the other sources you just gave me. Thanks bro I appreciate it.

Arkayology

No softies mixed in?

If you want. Zoas would look nice in there, no leather though.

Have you thought of fish? I always thought that a macro/gorg tank with an angler would be pretty sweet.

If you want. Zoas would look nice in there, no leather though.

Have you thought of fish? I always thought that a macro/gorg tank with an angler would be pretty sweet.

An angler would acually be pretty sweet.... now you got me thinking. My buddy thinks I should turn it into a nem tank and fund my tank by trading nems into his lfs haha.

• 2 weeks later...
Marine Depot

Here is a current fts. Nothing much had changed except for some growth on some corals. I'll post more pics tomorrow. Thanks for looking. IMG_8086_zps2fb4b9c1.jpg

Hey,

I am currently working on an article that highlights amazing innovative marine nuvo aquariums. I love your tank and was wondering if we could use your tank and give you credit for all your hard work. Please let me know, thank you!

Archived