inTank Media Baskets

Jgpico's 30 gal nuvo. New fts pg. 48

jgpico

Yay...rock!!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it too!!!!

I have used egg crate under the sand of my last two tanks. It just gives me a sense of security knowing the rock is setting on top of that as opposed to just glass.

I'm hoping to get a sweet scape out of this rock. It's gotta be epic because this tank is goin up against my friends 30 gallon nuvo on another forum. I am putting more work into this tank than I have put into any of my builds so the scape has to be spot on. I am going to pick up some egg crate this weekend to put under the rock.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always put egg crate down first. Take your time on the scape. Mine took all weekend and many sips of some good tequila, it really helped to enhance my "creative" side. :lol:

Can't wait to see what you do!

I always put egg crate down first. Take your time on the scape. Mine took all weekend and many sips of some good tequila, it really helped to enhance my "creative" side. :lol:

Can't wait to see what you do!

If I took one sip of tequila I would probably pass out! I haven't had more than a couple beers in the past 10 months so my tolerance is gone! I can see it now... one sip of tequila, a pile of rocks, and my brand new tank=nightmares lol.

I like the tank, ive never seen those dimensions on a IM tank. Cant wait to see more!

My rock should be here this week do stay tuned. I am hoping to come up with an awesome scape. I am also going to try and start my stand build this week as well.

Same! Very excited to see where this goes. Following :)

I'm glad you're following along. Hopefully I can make it worth while.

Wish list.

Ecotech battery backup

reef angel dosing pump

JBJ ato

Didosy stirrex

I know that im missing some things but these are the things I would really like to get right now. Anyone have any other ideas for what else should get?

I have the next two days and I am hoping to get my stand built. I am really wanting to have my tanks transferred to the 30 gallon by thursday but I am still waiting for my rock. It's only monday so I am guessing it will be here in the next few days. I'll post some scape options once I get a chance.

I'm going to order a couple ai sol blue led pucks to put into my fixture to get a little more of a blue color. They are only $25 so it won't be too bad to make a little upgrade to the light.

I have the next two days and I am hoping to get my stand built. I am really wanting to have my tanks transferred to the 30 gallon by thursday but I am still waiting for my rock. It's only monday so I am guessing it will be here in the next few days. I'll post some scape options once I get a chance.

Did you get the rock? I know it's only the next day...I'm just anxious for you :)

Did you get the rock? I know it's only the next day...I'm just anxious for you :)

Still no rock. Hopefully it gets here today because I have the day off and I'd be able to throw together some scapes. I think I'm going to work on my stand today as well.

I hope this turns out as good as your pico. Good luck!

Thanks Mr. M. I hope it just as good as the 3 if not better.

Well...ups tried delivering my rock today while I wasn't home. My brother in law was here and denied the package because the box was so damaged. I will call ups tomorrow Nd hopefully get my box of rocks. Just another minor set back.

Got my rock!!! Had to go pick it up from ups and the people there thought I was crazy because I ordered a box of rocks but it's finally here. I hope I can throw up a couple scape ideas tonight. If I do I'll post some pictures for ou guys to critique.

Love your tank. Oh man, can't wait to see the progress. I've been dreaming of this aquarium for a while and still trying to save money for it. I think you should buy the matching stand. Love it.

What do you guys think, should I purchase the matching stand for the tank or should I build my own? My buddy got the same tank a couple weeks ago and he had to reinforce the stand. Just looking for your thoughts and possibly ideas as well.
Love your tank. Oh man, can't wait to see the progress. I've been dreaming of this aquarium for a while and still trying to save money for it. I think you should buy the matching stand. Love it.

Ya know It's funny you should say that because I decided that I am going to go with the stand made for the tank. I think it will be easier and look cleaner than anything I can build. Right now since my son was just born I don't have much time to build stands and stuff.

I finally received my rocks from reef cleaners. I have to say I am not 100% happy with the rocks that I received but I will have to make it work. I ordered 30lbs total and I received 6 rocks. I am going to try and break up the rocks to try and get some more unique shapes. I hope I am able to get a scape that I am happy with.

I'm thinking about ordering about 15lbs of brs dry rock to see if I like the quality of the rocks better than the reef cleaners rock I received. I am also thinking about ordering a jbj ato. anyone not like the jbj ato? If so let me know why and whichoption you like better.

Scratch the idea of ordering rock from BRS, I broke up some pieces of the reefcleaners rock and I think I will be able to get a scape that I like. I have also changed my mind on the JBJ ato and have decided to go with the Avast marine ato system. This is going to be a little bit slower build then I had planned but I am doing everything right the first time.

Scratch the idea of ordering rock from BRS, I broke up some pieces of the reefcleaners rock and I think I will be able to get a scape that I like. I have also changed my mind on the JBJ ato and have decided to go with the Avast marine ato system. This is going to be a little bit slower build then I had planned but I am doing everything right the first time.

Awesome choice on the avast ato. I love mine alot, super simple system.

Awesome choice on the avast ato. I love mine alot, super simple system.

What pump did you go with? It's good to hear you like yours. I haven't really heard anyones thought on this product yet so its good to hear. Did you get those pics i sent you?

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've posted on this thread so here it is. I have decided to scratch the plans to make my own stand. I don't have the time or the skills to build a stand worthy of this tank. I have been thinking about getting the stand made for this tank or maybe even the stand made for the 38 gallon nuvo. Does anyone see any issues that could arise if I get the stand for the larger tank? I think the only difference is the one for the 38 is wider. Othe than that I need to work on some scapes and get a couple more pieces of equipment and then we will be in business.

I won't blame you if you don't read any of this since its stupid long lol.

Archived