Innovative Marine Aquariums

180G Office Paradise (2 Years Old!)

JDigital

I need some input from you fellow reefers.

I'm thinking about ditching the MH setup in exchange for T5's.

This tank is only ever going to be a softie tank. Leathers, zoas, zenias, etc

Do you think I can get away with a 5ft (60") 4 Bulb T5 unit on a 30" deep tank when it is primarily all softies.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The tank is 1 year old today (or possibly tomorrow).. :D I didn't post when I added salt, but the whole system was circulating saltwater on the 13th, which likely means I added it the day before to get it mixed.

I'll add a few updated pics and video later today when I get home.

Really enjoying the Queen Angel and Trigger.. Although their personalities are completely opposite. The Queen will come right up to the glass when I am near or trying to inspect something whereas the trigger is VERY cautious when I am near the tank and still after a few weeks darts for his cave if I make any movement that is too fast for his liking. I'm hoping this will change and he become more personable. He is definitely out and about when there isn't anyone near the tank. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I am loving you're tank!

And that Blue Throat Trigger.

I am about to get one myself.

Now that queen angel talk about Bad A** and something no one does I Love it.....

Keep up the good work.

I am loving you're tank!

And that Blue Throat Trigger.

I am about to get one myself.

Now that queen angel talk about Bad A** and something no one does I Love it.....

Keep up the good work.

Thanks Andy,

Here is another short video clip showing off some of the fish.

• 8 months later...

Thanks Mike, they do seem happy... too bad I can't add much for corals due to the Queen. :(

Wow.. I just watched the video previous to the one I posted and I can't believe the change in the Queens colors... I forgot that's what she looked like when I first got her. haha

And it's strange that my Orange Shoulder Tang reverted back to it's juvenile colors (yellow) when in the previous video it has it's adult colors (grey).

Cameron6796

Queen angels are gorgeous fish though for most unattainable do to size requirements. Their streamers on their fins are my favourite part.

• 3 months later...

Quick Update:

Kinda regretting the Queen Angel these days.. Still a beautiful fish but I am SOOOO limited on what corals I can add to the tank. Anything besides leathers and mushrooms are fair game for a Queens menu regardless of how much I feed (which I try to limit lately).

I've got a fair amount of some sort of red/purple carpet-like algae growing these days. It peels off the rock fairly easy in most areas.. I've tried battling it with water changes and siphoning out what I can but it keeps coming back, so I started to wonder if it's due to a lack of flow in the tank. This prompted me this week to pick up a pair of Jebao WP-60 pumps to boost my flow and hopefully improve the overall health of the tank. I've always believed more flow is better.

OH MY GOODNESS! :o Do these things ever move a lot of water. They immediately were peeling some of this algae off the rocks and lifting it into the water column along with a bunch of other detritus and stuff. Skimmer is going to be working overtime today! :P

I'm not sure if my fish are enjoying it to much as I have noticed today that they are sticking to the lower parts of the tank/rockwork. Most of my softies haven't opened up much this morning either so I'm going to need to find a balance. I only added the WP-60s to the tank last night so I'm totally expecting a bit of "tank shock". I'm sure the fish will get use to it.. but I'm not sure about the few corals I have.. haha

Archived