inTank Media Baskets

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

$350 retail. I have read all the stuff on what makes them that much better than other pumps, but with only two heads is it really worth it? I don't see many people buying 2, 3, or more of these things for their dosing needs @ $350 with only 2 heads. It could add up really quickly.

Believe it or not, the apex fanboys will still eat this up. I also think 700.00 for 4 dosers is super expensive. While I have a apex, and the thought seems cool, I think there's other options. GHL being one of them.

• Like 2

Believe it or not, the apex fanboys will still eat this up. I also think 700.00 for 4 dosers is super expensive. While I have a apex, and the thought seems cool, I think there's other options. GHL being one of them.

I believe it... i just don't want to think that there are people out there with that much more disposable income than I have lol. I think for the price, GHL is a much better option. You can trust the brand and the doser is accurate from all that I have read. It is too bad that the new GHL doser does not seem to have a stand-alone model yet.

I believe it... i just don't want to think that there are people out there with that much more disposable income than I have lol. I think for the price, GHL is a much better option. You can trust the brand and the doser is accurate from all that I have read. It is too bad that the new GHL doser does not seem to have a stand-alone model yet.

Lol...come on, this is reefing. You know damn well people have disposable income! At the end of the day, this is one of those hobbies where a lot of companies charge whatever they want. Very little competition in the higher end market. I'm using my bubble for now, but hopefully can switch over to a ghl. I wouldn't even mind a older model. Doesn't bother me. They have a great reputation for being super solid and long lasting. A friend of mine bought one of those jebao dosers recently. He says for the money it's great. Just as good as a bubble mag he said. I'm just scared to trust something like dosing to a jebao product.

• Like 2

Lol...come on, this is reefing. You know damn well people have disposable income! At the end of the day, this is one of those hobbies where a lot of companies charge whatever they want. Very little competition in the higher end market. I'm using my bubble for now, but hopefully can switch over to a ghl. I wouldn't even mind a older model. Doesn't bother me. They have a great reputation for being super solid and long lasting. A friend of mine bought one of those jebao dosers recently. He says for the money it's great. Just as good as a bubble mag he said. I'm just scared to trust something like dosing to a jebao product.

I think the Jebao stuff is just fine. I haven't heard of a doser going crazy and dumping a whole bottle of 2-part into a tank yet so...

I agree with you on the GHL point. I may get one sooner or later. Heck, I may get a DOS unit, but I could only get one. I guess I would still have to dose acropower by hand.

I have yet to set up my BM doser that I got, but I will soon. I am in no hurry to change it out.

All the clean tanks I see around NR have inspired me to do a thorough clean of my tank walls and powerheads today. The tank is looking good now! I am starting to see signs of growth too! Some of the hard hit acros are encrusting over areas where they lost tissue. I am not out of the woods yet, nor is my tank presentable, but it is coming around. :)

• Like 6

My tank is using about 10ml of alk solution a day versus about 45ml of cal solution a day. Mag is 1400. Very imbalanced.

oh my god. my tank is the same way.

18ml of ca per day

28ml of alk per day

levels stay at 440 and 8.0-8.5

oh my god. my tank is the same way.

18ml of ca per day

28ml of alk per day

levels stay at 440 and 8.0-8.5

My dkh is high at 9.0 and my Ca is still low at 380. I have been having stability issues for the past couple months.

are the parameters swinging around?

A little I think. I'm guessing the small swings and the high temps that my tank reached are the main culprits. It's been really hot here lately.

A little I think. I'm guessing the small swings and the high temps that my tank reached are the main culprits. It's been really hot here lately.

that happened to me as well. :/ temp was swinging all over and i just asked my parents to check SG.... 1.028.

that's the first parameter i told them to keep an eye on. but they most have forgot. i lost the gold torch and the gold maxima is pissed. some stn on the green slimer. but i think everything should recover... i hope.

• Like 1

I need a webcam so I can monitor my tank while I am on my honeymoon. What are my options for a moderately priced, wireless, decent qualify pic webcam that will play well with my Apex?

that happened to me as well. :/ temp was swinging all over and i just asked my parents to check SG.... 1.028.

that's the first parameter i told them to keep an eye on. but they most have forgot. i lost the gold torch and the gold maxima is pissed. some stn on the green slimer. but i think everything should recover... i hope.

That sucks man. GL taking care if that.

Ok, I pre-ordered the Neptune DOS. I was actually going to get a Ca reactor but decided against it. After checking out other dosing pumps with stepper motors, I don't feel like $349.95 is THAT outrageous for the two pumps on the DOS unit (still a little high, but whatever).

Coulda put that towards your light :P

My wife says I might get some lighting stuff for Xmas :happydance:

I know I am dragging my feet on adding the T5s though... I really should do it.

Ok, I pre-ordered the Neptune DOS. I was actually going to get a Ca reactor but decided against it. After checking out other dosing pumps with stepper motors, I don't feel like $349.95 is THAT outrageous for the two pumps on the DOS unit (still a little high, but whatever).

Pretty sweet! Seen you sold the bubble magnus doser. I have been eye balling the gen 3 pro upgrade leds for my Radion but undecided on whether I should just sell the gen two and buy a new one.

Pretty sweet! Seen you sold the bubble magnus doser. I have been eye balling the gen 3 pro upgrade leds for my Radion but undecided on whether I should just sell the gen two and buy a new one.

IMO, there is not much reason to buy a completely new radion. All the parts from my old gen1 radion were replaced. You are basically paying for a new housing which doesn't really matter in the long run.

• Like 1

Dang it. I was hoping to see a calcium reactor on a tank here on nano reef. They're not very common.

Yeah, I wanted one for the stability but the fact that I travel for sometimes months at a time make me worried that the periodic tweaking necessary with a Ca reactor would be an issue. I like the fact that I could control the dosing of 2-part from anywhere with the DOS. That's pretty much the only reason I got it over the Ca reactor. I even found a really good deal on a GEO reactor too! I think when I get a bigger tank I will get a Ca reactor.

• Like 2

My wife says I might get some lighting stuff for Xmas :happydance:

I know I am dragging my feet on adding the T5s though... I really should do it.

For $350 you could have gotten a used 4 bulb Sunpower and retrofit your current Radion pucks into it ;)

For $350 you could have gotten a used 4 bulb Sunpower and retrofit your current Radion pucks into it ;)

I really don't want to take the radion apart though. If I did some kind of retrofit I would want to get a 6/8 bulb unit and just take out the middle 4 bulbs and stick the radion in there.

I really don't want to take the radion apart though. If I did some kind of retrofit I would want to get a 6/8 bulb unit and just take out the middle 4 bulbs and stick the radion in there.

That would be a very large expense for something that will probably help kill the Radion (the fan is on the bottom of the unit, not the top, so it will have little to no air able to get to it)

Or just have Nanobox do one for ya ;)