Innovative Marine Aquariums

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

See I think it has more of the looks than functionality, any other ideas for something to house both other than a wooden floating canopy?

What, no love for floating wooden canopies???

https://flic.kr/p/otRy67'>14755062720_abd6be9c2e_b.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/otRy67'>20140816_220838 by https://www.flickr.com/people/89326890@N03/'>cchsoracle, on Flickr

In all seriousness, have you checked out CNC Reef? They are a sponsor on here and have a pretty bada$$ hybrid enclosure. It's a bit pricey and would be more work as you would have to remove the pucks from the radion, but would be an awesome light unit when done. Otherwise, I can't really think of something that would work well to house a radion and T5s that isn't a custom built wooden canopy....

• Like 4

See I think it has more of the looks than functionality, any other ideas for something to house both other than a wooden floating canopy?

Would the Radion even fit inside the fixture shell?

My idea was to make a metal bracket that the radion would attach to. The T5 bulbs would attach to that bracket as well. It would be similar to Alex's setup, but instead of a nanobox fixture it would have the radion.

Not unless you want it to fry.

How so? I think the fan works well, my radion never feels warm.

Would the Radion even fit inside the fixture shell?

My idea was to make a metal bracket that the radion would attach to. The T5 bulbs would attach to that bracket as well. It would be similar to Alex's setup, but instead of a nanobox fixture it would have the radion.

Its going to be tough to make it look good, any links to "alex's" setup? The mico retros would be hard to make look good where those enclosed ones might look better but not produce as much par. On the other hand im sure we dont need more par as in the T5 is for color supplement along with decreasing shadowing.

Its going to be tough to make it look good, any links to "alex's" setup? The mico retros would be hard to make look good where those enclosed ones might look better but not produce as much par. On the other hand im sure we dont need more par as in the T5 is for color supplement along with decreasing shadowing.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22633242

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/342489-my-nanobox-powered-zeovit-cadlightminus-the-zeovit/

True but, the amount of heat transfer on the radion to the side or top seems to be minimal from my limited observations. I think with the fan pointed downwards it would suffer minimally from being in an enclosure, especially with the bottom exposed.

I see, nice setup. I wonder if more of a proper enclose/floating canopy would help reduce the light that bleeds out above the tank which I find partially annoying?

The light spillage in my setup was mostly because of height. The light was a tad high for acclimation. It's wayyyy less now that the light is lower.

• Like 1

Are you running the radions at 100%?Have mine at 70% thinking about another small bump up.

No. I run max at 55%. My schedule is on the first page of the thread.

Got home today from the wedding today. Water level was really low. I think params were swinging. I have to frag my Hawkins and green slimer. They are really rtn'd. I lost my pink lemonade acro. Lost my other cleaner shrimp as well. Everything else is fine. I'm going to get a larger Ato reservoir.

Got home today. Water level was really low. I think params were swinging. I have to frag my Hawkins and green slimer. They are really rtn'd. I lost my pink lemonade acro. Lost my other cleaner shrimp as well. Everything else is fine. I'm going to get a larger Ato reservoir.

Damn that sucks. How far off was salinity?

Sad face :(

Pretty much. I made emergency frags of everything. Time to start over... again... This is the 3rd time I have lost a tennis ball sized colony of hawkins and had to emergency frag it to a nub and start all over.

Damn that sucks. How far off was salinity?

Not very much. It was 1.207. I normally keep it at 1.206. My DKH was a bit high at 10.2 though. Ca was 360ppm, so a little low. All the corals that RTN'd while I was gone were ones that stung each other. I half expected to come home to them dead anyways. Now I guess I have some room for a couple new frags though!